U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 12:53 AM

78 posts, read 101,405 times

Advertisements

She has it coming! One day this nasty individual will be punished by the maker of all animals

Old 04-30-2015, 01:30 AM

2 posts, read 922 times
Default Please cite your source MJJersey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Stray cats are the number one carrier of rabies to humans. Is it illegal to bow hunt in his state?
You're wrong.

According to JAVMA 233(6):884-897 (2008); "[United States in 2007]...Relative contributions by the major animal groups were as follows: 2,659 raccoons (36.6%), 1,973 bats (27.2%), 1,478 skunks (20.4%), 489 foxes (6.7%), 274 cats (3.8%), 93 dogs (1.3%), and 57 cattle (0.8%)..."

That was the first source I found and I'm willing to bet that in eight years (since 2007) cats have not outcontributed skunks, bats and raccoons.

This can be found at CDC - Rabies Surveillance in the U.S.: Human Rabies - Rabies

Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 AM

5,063 posts, read 3,339,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If it was on his property I don't see the issue.
Doesn't excuse that it's illegal.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:49 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,587,327 times
UPDATE #1 -

ATTENTION: The State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners of Texas will only consider their official complaint form as an ACTUAL complaint against Kristen Lindsey DVM. Your email/phone complaints are only considered "comments" and do NOT COUNT as a official complaint. Please take 5 minutes to file an official complaint. Follow the directions on this link to the Official Complaint form...... Thank you!

Here is Kristen Lindseys License information:

Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
Kristen E Lindsey
12622 License # Lindsey Kristen Erin BRENHAM TX 06/25/2012 03/01/2016 ACTIVE
Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners

Old 04-30-2015, 10:04 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,587,327 times
Update #2 - The Austin Grand Jury met yesterday. It was not clear if Dr. Lindsey's case was to be heard. It was not. Instead, the following message was released: "The Austin County District Attorney's office is currently in the process of gathering all available evidence and information to present to the Grand Jury, just as it does in all cases.”

They will meet again in May/June, and hopefully it will be on the schedule then.

Texas veterinary board has rec'd over 4100 written complaints! -every state in the US and over 30 countries represented
Their investigation is independent of the criminal process and is being conducted thoroughly.

Clarification - Dr. Lindsey is not licensed to practice medicine in the state of Wyoming. It's possible that her application for a business license in that state was for boarding horses and not treating them. (my opinion only).

Old 04-30-2015, 10:34 AM

1,335 posts, read 638,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Update #2 - The Austin Grand Jury met yesterday. It was not clear if Dr. Lindsey's case was to be heard. It was not. Instead, the following message was released: "The Austin County District Attorney's office is currently in the process of gathering all available evidence and information to present to the Grand Jury, just as it does in all cases.

They will meet again in May/June, and hopefully it will be on the schedule then.

Texas veterinary board has rec'd over 4100 written complaints! -every state in the US and over 30 countries represented
Their investigation is independent of the criminal process and is being conducted thoroughly.

Clarification - Dr. Lindsey is not licensed to practice medicine in the state of Wyoming. It's possible that her application for a business license in that state was for boarding horses and not treating them. (my opinion only).
General opinion among people I know seems to be that the DA's office is stalling until public attention has decreased and they can get away with administering a slap on the wrist. Sure hope that's not true.
Re. the written complaint form, the information states the form is to be used to complain about veterinary services the complainant received, so I would think non-service based complaints would be inadmissible. Or maybe they are making an exception.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 PM

20,885 posts, read 22,472,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Update #2 - The Austin Grand Jury met yesterday. It was not clear if Dr. Lindsey's case was to be heard. It was not. Instead, the following message was released: "The Austin County District Attorney's office is currently in the process of gathering all available evidence and information to present to the Grand Jury, just as it does in all cases.

I read the instructions and it says "If you have a complaint about veterinary services you received from a veterinarian licensed by the Board, you may file a formal complaint."

So does that mean that all those 4100 written complaints from people who have not dealt with her professionally will be dismissed? Will it also exclude the online petition?

Old 04-30-2015, 07:24 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,213,258 times
Oh Texas, you never fail to disappoint the rest of us.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:39 PM

1,335 posts, read 638,209 times
^^She is from Wyoming and went to vet school in Colorado. I am sure she was already a psycho before she moved to TX.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:39 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,213,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
^^She is from Wyoming and went to vet school in Colorado. I am sure she was already a psycho before she moved to TX.
Fair enough, but let's be honest, she fits in just fine among the locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or