U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2015, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,590,724 times
Reputation: 15594

Advertisements

Kristen Lindsey still faces a hearing by the Veterinary Board of Examiners. The Austin county D.A. did a horrible job in bringing this abuser to justice. The post below outlines all the misleading inconsistencies in his handling of the case.

Kristen Lindsey case: District Attorney’s statement deeply flawed and further investigation needed | PoC

 
Old 07-18-2015, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Lakewood OH
20,901 posts, read 22,484,943 times
Reputation: 32725
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Kristen Lindsey still faces a hearing by the Veterinary Board of Examiners. The Austin county D.A. did a horrible job in bringing this abuser to justice. The post below outlines all the misleading inconsistencies in his handling of the case.

Kristen Lindsey case: District Attorney’s statement deeply flawed and further investigation needed | PoC
Thank you for the update. No doubt the DA didn't believe the case important enough to get it right. The important issue now is to keep this woman from ever being able to be in a position where she at least can professionally could potentially harm an animal.

As far as her personal behavior goes, I doubt her lack of comprehension as to just why what she did was so despicable she will ever understand the wrong she did. Her attitude towards the very creatures she had sworn to help has instead been shown to be nothing but a sad mockery of her true actions. Nothing will change her attitude in the belief that it's okay to kill some people's pets just because she happens to find them offensive.

People like her torture for the pleasure of it. That's the reason she so proudly showed off on FB. There's no stopping that but some punishment should be dealt and taking away her license to be around animals professionally, if that happens, would be some justice at least for Tiger.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,675 posts, read 1,846,714 times
Reputation: 1773
Some good news.. for now:

"The Texas Board of Veterinarian Medical Examiners found a violation in the case of Brenham veterinarian, Kristen Lindsey, who is accused of killing a cat and then bragging about it on social media."

Vet Board finds violation after cat’s bow and arrow death | KXAN.com
 
Old 08-28-2015, 04:35 PM
 
Location: southern kansas
7,640 posts, read 5,130,858 times
Reputation: 16469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Some good news.. for now:

"The Texas Board of Veterinarian Medical Examiners found a violation in the case of Brenham veterinarian, Kristen Lindsey, who is accused of killing a cat and then bragging about it on social media."

Vet Board finds violation after cat’s bow and arrow death | KXAN.com
Good. I hope it's something more than a slap on the wrist.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Palmer/Fishhook, Alaska
1,256 posts, read 876,800 times
Reputation: 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Good. I hope it's something more than a slap on the wrist.
Me too.

This is a step in the right direction. There will be more deliberation before a final decision is made.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,675 posts, read 1,846,714 times
Reputation: 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Good. I hope it's something more than a slap on the wrist.
That's what concerns me! She might only get a slap on the bum while keeping her vet license! That's why I said, "Good news.. for now" in my previous post.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County
11,090 posts, read 9,029,932 times
Reputation: 29075
I hope she never touches another animal as a vet in her life. And I wouldn't be sad if she had a hard time ever get a job doing anything again.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 PM
 
Location: southern kansas
7,640 posts, read 5,130,858 times
Reputation: 16469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I hope she never touches another animal as a vet in her life. And I wouldn't be sad if she had a hard time ever get a job doing anything again.
Agreed. I don't have a problem with her earning a living, as long as it's not as a vet. With the attitude she seems to have about some animals, the public would be better off if she were in another line of work.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Palmer/Fishhook, Alaska
1,256 posts, read 876,800 times
Reputation: 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Agreed. I don't have a problem with her earning a living, as long as it's not as a vet. With the attitude she seems to have about some animals, the public would be better off if she were in another line of work.
You are a kinder person than I.

What she deserves IMO is one helluva lot worse than just losing her license to practice for good.
 
Old 08-28-2015, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,675 posts, read 1,846,714 times
Reputation: 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I hope she never touches another animal as a vet in her life. And I wouldn't be sad if she had a hard time ever get a job doing anything again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Agreed. I don't have a problem with her earning a living, as long as it's not as a vet. With the attitude she seems to have about some animals, the public would be better off if she were in another line of work.
Not sure how true this is, but I've heard through the Facebook grapevine that Kristen Lindsey is now working as a veterinarian at a livestock auction barn in Texas.

You know, being a "city slicker" as many of us are, I usually picture vets working at clinics, like the one that fired Kristen. However, in rural areas there are lots of low-profile jobs for veterinarians. Some folks mentioned that she could easily slip through the cracks and find employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top