Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 01:35 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,948,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I'm no attorney, but it seems to me that in order for this act to satisfy the elements of the offense, the prosecution will have to prove that she knew the cat had an owner, and then failed to seek the owner's permission before killing the cat.

What photo did you see that clearly shows that? The photo in the OP shows that the arrow entered the skull caudal to and medial to the eye sockets.
Look at the picture.... see which end of the arrow she is holding and which end has yet to enter the skull and its position....

and are you trying to show us just how smart and educamated you are with your terminology??

Old 04-24-2015, 01:39 PM

6,809 posts, read 6,897,136 times
Wow. Way too much drama for me to deal with.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:40 PM

6,809 posts, read 6,897,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Really, that's what you wrote, REALLY? and then started your rant....

don't be sorry for my childhood trauma, but try and remember before you go slamming someone, that you haven't walked in their shoes....you replied to my post in disagreement, there was an attitude.....so, lets us agree to disagree....and both of us learn, that we need to view both sides of the coin and be a little open minded and a lot less emotionally charged.
Wow. Way too much drama to deal with.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:41 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,109,669 times
This is probably not about mental illness. So many people are mean and cruel, given a chance, that it's too common to be considered an illness. That's why there have been so many murders, rapes, wars and genocides from the very beginnings of the human race. That's why there is factory farming of animals in completely inhumane conditions.

I've had several friends talk about how much they hated cats, who would speed up their cars trying to hit them.

Feral cat populations definitely need to be controlled, but not generally by killing them. Trapping and fixing them would be more effective, and free sterilizations should be offered to any cat owner.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:43 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,088,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Wow. Way too much drama to deal with.
wow, so I'm really sorry you refuse to work it out....
pot calling kettle

Old 04-24-2015, 01:43 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,808,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
So our vet here was either genuinely or facetiously addressing a real problem, she just did so in an unethical and criminal way.
Exactly. She could have genuinely thought she was helping as feral cats are a problem as they breed more feral cats = more cat suffering and more dead birds.

Feral cats are not a natural thing as they have been introduced en masse by humans.

And BTW any small animal that has an arrow through it's head is dead and can't feel anything. The body sometimes will go on twitching for awhile.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is probably not about mental illness. So many people are mean and cruel, given a chance, that it's too common to be considered an illness. That's why there have been so many murders, rapes, wars and genocides from the very beginnings of the human race. That's why there is factory farming of animals in completely inhumane conditions.

I've had several friends talk about how much they hated cats, who would speed up their cars trying to hit them.

Feral cat populations definitely need to be controlled, but not generally by killing them. Trapping and fixing them would be more effective, and free sterilizations should be offered to any cat owner.
so, you don't believe then, that there is something wrong with someone who wants to hurt an animal.....or another human being, or am I missing something....not being argumentative....
your friends for instance, personally, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who admitted that to me.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Exactly. She could have genuinely thought she was helping as feral cats are a problem as they breed more feral cats = more cat suffering and more dead birds.

Feral cats are not a natural thing as they have been introduced en masse by humans.

And BTW any small animal that has an arrow through it's head is dead and can't feel anything. The body sometimes will go on twitching for awhile.
I believe, there are many people that feel that way about feral cats....and house cats as well, there are a lot of folks out there who realize, how many critters cats kill....so, I'm trying to see both sides of this story....

I don't know, the only way we could know that, is if we heard the woman vet speak about it....however, didn't she make some rather awful statements on her facebook about it? What I'm asking is, she was bragging about it, wasn't she?

Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,488,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What I'm asking is, she was bragging about it, wasn't she?
Of course she was, and at that point she knew for a fact the cat she deliberately killed was a family pet. And she still had the audacity to post that tripe. She's a POS, end of story.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:54 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,321,279 times
Here are some thoughts on people who become irate about cats killing birds and squirrels and so forth. There are no numbers of feral cats that can out number humans who kill those critters by wantonly destroying their habitats year after year. I have seen cats stalk their prey. They won't bother with anything strong and health they know can get away from them. Nine times out of ten, I have seen them miss. Humans are more accurate when they plow the ground under or chop down trees with nests or cement over borrows. As people move in on city and suburban land, they cut down trees and cement over ground where hundreds of wildlife live.

Over the past ten years or so in my former city, I saw so many animal habitats destroyed to make way for human habitats it was sickening. A few cats killing a few birds who were more than likely ready to perish of old age anyway could never make up for the amount of destruction of animal habitats caused by human beings.

Sometimes its just wanton destruction. When people put bird feeders and squirrel feeders in their yards so they can have the pleasure of attracting these animals, they are inviting prey animals to a smorgasbord. Then they blame the prey cats and dogs and whatever else for killing birds or squirrels on their property. It's like inviting people to your house for a sumptuous meal and then telling them not to eat anything.

Environmentalists and nature experts advise against putting these things in people's back yards because it messes up the environment but people will anyway. People are the number one killers of other animals whether intentional or otherwise, not cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events