Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Please.. do a little research before you post stuff from free thought project.. at least allow us to read some other stories that might have a shred of the truth in them

There was a violent confrontation of and by the suspect in this case... read about it

Man killed by Dothan cop had violent past - Dothan Eagle: Crime Court

Fight with police coupled with threats.. possibility exists of getting shot and killed.. as occurred here.. and after the investigations (note more than one ) heck yea Im ok with it.. the policeman didnt die... the violent suspect did

From the sources I have read.. looks like a good shoot.. but then again.. anything that comes form free thought project rag is immediately suspect

So dont be lazy.. dont let your agenda show.. at least try to push the button a couple of more times looking around
Lazy? There is NOTHING in that article that justifies shooting this guy, you claim to be a cop you of all people should know better. Apparently the DA isn't convinced it was justifiable and is now investigating it:
DA to review case of man shot to death by police in front of animal shelter | AL.com

The guy was some kind of federalist nut but I don't think that warrants killing him. Why did he even have to show his ID to surrender an animal? How do you get from "I don't have to show you my ID to getting shot"?

Good shoot my A$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 12:21 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Notarized legal affidavit of ID? I'm guessing sovereign citizen?

In most states, shelters can legally require you to take back a cat that you dropped off. This is to prevent people dropping off severely ill or feral cats. If you do this, you must return to the shelter and reclaim the cat. If you don't, the cat must, by law, be immediately euthanized. That's where the ID comes in. People will drop off their neighbors cat, on purpose, in an attempt to get it euthanized. So, if you don't present ID, you must take the cat with you.
Oh that makes sense. Never thought of capturing the neighbor's cat for that purpose. LOL But if it's too ill or ferel for the shelter to adopt out, maybe it's best it be euthanized anyway.

AFAIK our shelter keeps a cat for x days to give an owner time to claim it. Then it's either adopted or euthanized. The last time I took a cat down there was probably 15 years ago and they didn't require ID at that time.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:25 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
There are 1.1 million local and state law enforcement officers. Of course this kind of thing is going to happen. The only way you stop it is by getting rid of human police officers.

What is the point again?

Old 04-24-2015, 01:28 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There are 1.1 million local and state law enforcement officers. Of course this kind of thing is going to happen. The only way you stop it is by getting rid of human police officers.

What is the point again?
nonsense, you can stop it by having a good screening process at hiring, ongoing training, and supervision - and perhaps most important of all having a Sheriff or Police Chief who makes it clear that this kind of activity will never be tolerated.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

What is the point again?
Do you believe that your uncapable of following the law??

Old 04-24-2015, 02:31 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
An unarmed man was shot by the cops? Where are the protests? Where are the riots? Where are the calls for the cops heads? Oh, never mind. The unarmed man was white. There is no story here. White lives don't matter.
I so sorry that the people of Dotham Alabama didn't protest this shooting, perhaps if they had it would have become a national story as it should have. You can't blame black people because they know how to demand justice - which is unfair to white people since black people have had more experience at demanding justice. But now that I know about the story, I'm as concerned as I have been for every other case of an unarmed citizen being killed by the police.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:12 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I so sorry that the people of Dotham Alabama didn't protest this shooting, perhaps if they had it would have become a national story as it should have. You can't blame black people because they know how to demand justice - which is unfair to white people since black people have had more experience at demanding justice. But now that I know about the story, I'm as concerned as I have been for every other case of an unarmed citizen being killed by the police.
The originators of the current movement, #TheMovement never brought race into it. That was the dems and soros via Blacklivesmatter. We stand up for everybody.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:21 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Oh look, a "new" member has six posts and all of them anti-police threads. Nothing unusual about that.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:27 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Despite this story....Drop off cat. Leave. I don't know how the clerk behind the desk could stop me. Especially if I left my purse in the car. "Oh let me go get it", vroom.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Despite this story....Drop off cat. Leave. I don't know how the clerk behind the desk could stop me. Especially if I left my purse in the car. "Oh let me go get it", vroom.
There must be more to this story. I have dealt with these "sovereign citizens" before. They run around committing crimes and then proclaim that they are immune from the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events