U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 6 hours ago)

47,570 posts, read 45,256,057 times

Advertisements

We must NEVER forget what happened, with the Holocaust, other genocides, and other horrible events in human history. We must do what we can to make sure such tragedies and disgusting acts never happen again.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:16 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,131,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
As cruel and true and truly gruesome as these atrocites were,,,you have to remember it was a war and when its over, its OVER. Done. You can't prosecute in peacetime what happened during war.

Good for you, captne!

That's what I tried to point out in an earlier post. Apparently, forgiveness is not a concept many here are willing to contemplate, as if Americans didn't kill anyone. Have any of you read the many accounts of what happened when the camps were liberated? American soldiers raped and brutalized many survivors too. Evil knows no boundaries, it seems.

Mahrie.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Good post, 90 percent of the human population is very stupid and easily manipulated. Modern Israel is very much a parasitic state, the only reason Israel is even a country is because of American support. I don't have anything against anyone, if a nation can't defend itself, that nation should die out like every other country in human history who could not defend itself.
Israel is not 'like every other country,' and if you had any knowledge of 'human history' you would know that.

The Muslims are on a mission now, and they're coming after you, here in America, and you CANNOT defend yourself against them - that's a fact - so, if I were you, I'd be careful what I wished for.

Mahrie.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:28 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 3,152,628 times
Do you have any evidence for your allegation that American troops raped and brutalized many survivors? It sounds to me like the drivel of a bigot who looks for excuses to hate American troops. Even if such an incident happened, to generalize it to American troops in general is the logic of a bigot.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:31 PM

15,604 posts, read 6,163,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Good for you, captne!

That's what I tried to point out in an earlier post. Apparently, forgiveness is not a concept many here are willing to contemplate, as if Americans didn't kill anyone. Have any of you read the many accounts of what happened when the camps were liberated? American soldiers raped and brutalized many survivors too. Evil knows no boundaries, it seems.

Mahrie.
Do you have any authority for your disgusting assertions?

Old 04-25-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
sonderella"He has escaped justice for 70 years now. I actually don't think that he's "too old" for prosecution; I don't think there should be a statue of limitations when it comes to something like this."

I fully agree. If found guilty, I feel he should be sent to prison.

Oh, really?

And the soldiers who dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

And ENiGMA, and how the British manipulated the war - playing GOD and deciding who would live and who would die? (You *did* see the movie The Imitation Game?)

And what about the Germans who were caught and tortured by both British and American troops?

There are no innocents in war (children notwithstanding).

Mahrie.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:40 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,995,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
The Muslims are on a mission now, and they're coming after you, here in America, and you CANNOT defend yourself against them - that's a fact - so, if I were you, I'd be careful what I wished for.
Seriously?

The Muslim Terrorist shot their wad on Sept. 11th and the truth be told outside of shutting down the airways temporarily, and lower Manhattan, 99% of Americans went about their daily lives. So, unless the terrorist can pull off a Pearl Harbor (which they can't) I think the U.S. will do just fine, thank you very much.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:50 PM

18,586 posts, read 23,122,267 times
[quote=captne76;39359396]As cruel and true and truly gruesome as these atrocities were,,,you have to remember it was a war and when its over, its OVER. Done. You can't prosecute in peacetime what happened during war.[/quote

THESE WERE NOT ACTS OF WAR. These were acts against citizens - men, women and children!

I am not a fan of war, but this was an act of genocide - not of war.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:57 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,995,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
As cruel and true and truly gruesome as these atrocities were,,,you have to remember it was a war and when its over, its OVER. Done. You can't prosecute in peacetime what happened during war.
That will come as welcome news to those righteously tried, convicted and executed for their crimes in the aftermath of WWII.

Seriously, as Sheena12 needlessly had to point out, these crimes were crimes against humanity not acts of war, and even in war their are rules, rules that also led to the trial, conviction and execution of those who committed them, and rightly so.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Do you have any evidence for your allegation that American troops raped and brutalized many survivors? It sounds to me like the drivel of a bigot who looks for excuses to hate American troops. Even if such an incident happened, to generalize it to American troops in general is the logic of a bigot.
I'm hardly a bigot. My family is Jewish. There are scores of books written on the subject. Here's a start:

An 'Unknown Holocaust' and the Hijacking of History

Mahrie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or