Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

Well, that's simple - the photo was clearly taken out the window of a second story of the home whose yard it is. Probably the kid's Mom or Dad looked out the window and saw what was going on and grabbed their phone and took a shot.

Edit: I read the article again and noted this:

"Unbeknownst to Remy, a resident of the complex noticed his act of kindness, and took a picture."
I know, I'm just joking. I don't hate Police unanimously. My Cousin is a long time Detective in Boston, my College roommate joined the NYPD a few years ago. But I strongly dislike people like the OP that are unable to see the larger picture.

Cops need to stand up and stop being abused by special interests-which is all the War on "Drugs" is fought for. As long as Cops are forced to enforce unjust laws, there will be tension and backlash. This is most especially true when the unjust laws are not consistently enforced and money buys justice.

Today, Cops are used and abused-they are nothing more than revenue generators for the state and drug crimes bring in the most revenue, which is where their focus is.

The War on "drugs" must end not only for the benefit of Americans, but for the benefit of Police Officers everywhere whom could swiftly have their trust of the public restored if unjust laws are ended. They would also finally be able to focus their time on violent crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:20 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
More the norm than the exception.. this is what it means to serve.. way to go 'bro.... doughnut for you from the west coast,,opps its California.. it will be a bagel.. or a ten dollar designer muffin

Bridgeport police officer stops to help fix child’s bike | WTNH
I think it's pretty shameful the way you and parts of the media immediately run equal-time, public affairs campaigns praising police officers in the wake of a pathetic run of police brutality events.

Let's obscure the truth and pat ourselves on the back instead. Kind of like BP after the massive oil spill in the Gulf, which is still compromising the environment btw.

My opinion of police officers is at an all-time low, and clearly a huge percentage of Americans feel the same way.

Have pent up rage, a closed mind and minimal job skills? The Police might be right for you.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:42 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
More the norm than the exception.. this is what it means to serve.. way to go 'bro.... doughnut for you from the west coast,,opps its California.. it will be a bagel.. or a ten dollar designer muffin

Why should there be fan fare? Doesn't this fall under the general "protect and serve" umbrella?

When I was growing up in a small town not far from Connecticut, things like this happened all the time. It didn't make the news then, and it shouldn't now.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
There are lots of good people (in all job capacities) doing good things all over the world and get no "fanfare". This doesn't mean that highlighting the bad things bad people do and calling for corrective actions mean there is anti-[insert role] agenda.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:56 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Oh oh wait a minute. Cops are supposed to be robots devoid of any human emotion aren't they?

Old 04-24-2015, 01:44 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
Quote:

If it was off duty it would be a better story.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
You can't win with some people. Post a nice story about somebody helping a child and all you get is negative feedback. Talk about a bunch of "Negative Nancy's".

Old 04-24-2015, 02:24 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Yes this is great, its right out of a Norman Rockwell painting and the cop should get the props for being a great guy. And maybe these kind of videos should be shown at roll calls in ever cop shop across the country. But that doesn't take away or balance out the kind of police abuse that we have been seeing. The pressing issue isn't repair the brand of officer friendly, the issue that needs our immediate attention is bring law enforcement back in line with the Constitution.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:54 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I know, I'm just joking. I don't hate Police unanimously. My Cousin is a long time Detective in Boston, my College roommate joined the NYPD a few years ago. But I strongly dislike people like the OP that are unable to see the larger picture.

Cops need to stand up and stop being abused by special interests-which is all the War on "Drugs" is fought for. As long as Cops are forced to enforce unjust laws, there will be tension and backlash. This is most especially true when the unjust laws are not consistently enforced and money buys justice.

Today, Cops are used and abused-they are nothing more than revenue generators for the state and drug crimes bring in the most revenue, which is where their focus is.

The War on "drugs" must end not only for the benefit of Americans, but for the benefit of Police Officers everywhere whom could swiftly have their trust of the public restored if unjust laws are ended. They would also finally be able to focus their time on violent crime.

I could not agree more.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:04 PM

35,053 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So while this hero was busy with his little PR mission who was patrolling his designated area?
I don't think it was a PR mission. The officer didn't know he was being photographed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events