U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:21 PM

5,250 posts, read 4,791,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Makes one wonder why anyone would want to do this job in the first place. People arguing with you, second guessing your every move, calling for your employment crucifixion if you goof or do something they deem as excessive.

Oh, wait........maybe that's the reason why we have the cops we do now because over the decades, the others have decided that it isn't worth it.
I suppose people will be happier once many of the 5 million green card carrying non-citizen legal-illegals, who the PD's around the country are hiring right and left, start hitting the streets as full-fledged police officers. With the majority of them coming from Mexico and growing up with the the norm of how the 'stellar' police in that country act

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You also don't see that she was apparently intoxicated most of that day, that she was driving around with her six year old daughter in the car, so drunk that numerous phone calls to the police and 911 had been made by innocent bystanders who were simply alarmed by her obvious state of intoxication while driving and walking around with a six year old child, who also told various people that her mother had been drunk all day and that she was hungry.

She had already wandered into several businesses being belligerent and uncooperative. Customers in those businesses and people driving who witnessed her behavior were calling the police in droves trying to get this woman off the street and to get someone to intervene on behalf of her little girl, who was put in a very dangerous situation by her own mother.

I'm not saying that the police were justified in slamming her into the pavement, but also keep in mind that in her extremely intoxicated state, she could have contributed to her own injuries and unconsciousness by her own behaviors during and before the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Of course I am being serious ! Would you have preferred that this drunken woman, who was driving erratically, would have been left alone so she could plow her car into some innocent family and kill them all ?

Not me, she needed taken off the road and she resisted arrest. I think she was so drunk that she passed out when he tried to get her to the ground.

Don
Amazingly many on here don't seem to care that not only was she drunk driving, but also doing it with her child in the car

Quote:
I'm not saying that the police were justified in slamming her into the pavement, but also keep in mind that in her extremely intoxicated state, she could have contributed to her own injuries and unconsciousness by her own behaviors during and before the event.
Quote:
Not me, she needed taken off the road and she resisted arrest. I think she was so drunk that she passed out when he tried to get her to the ground.
By seeing her drop like a sack of potatoes and not putting her hands out in a defensive move to keep from injury when hitting the ground, no doubt that she'd passed out.
She'd also told people in one of the stores that she was 'very tired'.
If she did indeed pass out at that moment, if the cop hadn't stopped her then it's very possible that she would have been driving and passing out behind the wheel--but then again, most people on here don't seem to care about that.

As for her child being traumatized by seeing that, I doubt the child was--she may be used to seeing her mom face planting herself. After the initial concern, the daughter seemed to be more concerned about her empty belly since she was telling the people around her that she was hungry--while her mom was laying on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 05:23 PM

9,599 posts, read 17,719,404 times
Another bully cop. Ben Johnson of roundrock, texas did NOT have to throw that woman down on the ground face first. The sad part is he was not punished for his pathetic actions.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:50 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,284,678 times
I predict a bleak future for the police. I wonder if many angry, violent, temperamental people go into the police force as opposed to those who are not?

Do a study on personality of police officers.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:30 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,210,316 times
That looked excessive to me. Cops are taught wrist/joint locks I have learned similar in martial arts.

A really good point was made is this thread that was taught to me by my SD inst.

The number one way people die is falling and hitting their head...........there was no need to slam her head first.

That's a potentially lethal move in Judo pivot/sweep slam to ground.

Would he have done that on concrete?

Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM

41,054 posts, read 32,742,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
And you have yet to see the dash cam footage which shows the same damn thing! She resisted ever so slightly and he, seconds later, bounced her head off of the concrete!

Course, that was mentioned 2 or 3 times in this thread... did you read it?
Actually I've seen the dash cam video and she resisted repeatedly.

The woman was so freaking drunk that people all over town had been calling the police and 911 about her behavior. She was driving drunk with her six year old child, who was crying and saying she was hungry and that her mother had been drunk ALL DAY when people came out of the stores to comfort her.

It looks to me like she actually passed out prior to hitting the ground. Regardless, she was so drunk that her natural instincts of bracing before she hit the ground were completely absent.

How 'bout this - don't break the law. Don't resist arrest when you break the law. I dunno - it's always worked for me.

How not to get your @ss kicked by the po-lice:

https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,230,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah I see too. You obviously approve of her 'lifestyle' choice to drive drunk with her child in the car.
My disapproval of police brutality != approval of criminally incompetent parents

They should both be charged.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:12 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,230,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Moral: Don't be drunk and stupid in Round Rock, Texas
Or in Saudi Arabia!

Or in North Korea!

...get the gist?

Old 04-25-2015, 11:04 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,442,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It looks to me like she actually passed out prior to hitting the ground.
Oh so she passed out on the way down. Smashing her head into the pavement had nothing to do with it.

The lengths some people will go through to apologize for bad cops.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:01 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,818,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Yes.

It may sound callous but she just fell poorly.

He just yanked her by the arms.

He didn't strike her, he didn't trip her or do a foot sweep on her, he didn't wheel her around his out stretched leg, he didn't put an arm bar or a full nelson on her, he didn't throw her (ie, with her feet flying up into the air). He didn't choke her out (popular in my day). He didn't tase her before trying to put the handcuffs on her.

Essentially, he just bull dogged her and she went to the ground pretty much from her feet.
At first I thought it was clearly brutal, but then I read that she was drunk by several accounts ...... looked again ..... and yes, I think she fell over without having been forced in any strong way, and that the cop was more holding on to her loosely (after having pulled her off balance) rather than smashing her to the pavement.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:15 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,649,847 times
An obvious case of police brutality!

Drunk or not, disruptive in stores or not, drinking and driving or not, that cop was using unnecessary brutal strength and should be suspended without pay. Just because he wears a badge, what gives him the right to throw her on the ground backwards like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or