U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 12:34 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,845,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
A bystander captured cell phone video of Round Rock, Texas, police officer Ben Johnson smashing a woman’s face into the pavement so hard that she was immediately knocked unconscious. Witnesses to the incident told KVUE that they thought the woman, Viviana Keith, was dead.

Addicting Info – Texas Cop Smashes Woman’s Face Into Pavement, Knocks Her Unconscious (VIDEO)

Had her little kid in the car while she was driving drunk. And she was resisting arrest. Same ole thing time after time. When will people learn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 12:40 PM

3,556 posts, read 2,351,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Had her little kid in the car while she was driving drunk. And she was resisting arrest. Same ole thing time after time. When will people learn?
No one is saying what she did was right! She, at that very moment, was resisting ever so slightly. She was thrown down to the ground by the officer with unnecessary force. Her prior actions, while despicable, did not warrant this response.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
What I see is... a video which shows a woman standing with her hands handcuffed behind her back. She is suddenly hurled to the ground where she goes unconscious instantly.
She wasn't handcuffed yet. She was resisting arrest for quite awhile, as you can see the video has been edited. Also, she was drunk as a skunk, and she falls backward as he tries to jerk her hands together to cuff her. Prior to the arrest, she'd been drunk & disorderly in several different stores, which had been called in by other people. She was seen getting into the car with her child and trying to drive. then at another store she was being belligerent and combative. The cops had been getting phone calls about her for some time before catching up to her & arresting her. You play, you pay.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
No one is saying what she did was right! She, at that very moment, was resisting ever so slightly. She was thrown down to the ground by the officer with unnecessary force. Her prior actions, while despicable, did not warrant this response.
Watch the video very carefully. She was wasted, and was fighting him with her right arm. He jerked that hand hard, and she jerked back to the left, then fell over. She could have braced herself if she hadn't been so drunk. Both of her arms were free.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:07 PM

3,556 posts, read 2,351,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Watch the video very carefully. She was wasted, and was fighting him with her right arm. He jerked that hand hard, and she jerked back to the left, then fell over. She could have braced herself if she hadn't been so drunk. Both of her arms were free.
You're victim blaming, and I've seen the video plenty of times. As I've said before, she was resisting. Does her pulling her arm back (while as you've pointed out being drunk out of her mind) warrant that response?

In my opinion it does not. The officer knew she was drunk and knew she would be a little bit of a hassle to cuff, this does not mean smash her face into the ground.

I don't care what the hell she did in the past, you simply don't throw someone down for pulling their arm back a little.

She didn't wack him, she didn't spit at him, she didn't do anything that warranted it at all.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:12 PM

Okay then. *shrugs*

Old 04-29-2015, 04:05 PM

41,589 posts, read 33,241,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Victim-blaming. It's like some people think cops can do no wrong ever, and if you have a run-in with a cop that ends badly, you had it coming.

If the woman was drunk and driving, that's obviously not okay, but she didn't deserve to have her head smashed on the ground. It didn't look like she was resisting arrest in any way, so why such force?
You seriously can't tell that the video is edited? The part showing her resisting arrest is edited out of the original video. It's an OBVIOUS edit.

Have you watched the dash cam video in it's entirety?

Old 04-29-2015, 04:10 PM

4,794 posts, read 3,034,948 times
I live in Austin, where this occurred. We have a HUGE drunk driving problem here, which frequently ends in the death of innocent people. The ONLY victim in this case was the child dragged around by her disgusting negligent blackout drunk mother.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:19 PM

7,324 posts, read 4,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I don't remember if I have posted in this thread or not, but I have to ask... all this backstory about this woman and how much she had to drink, and the state of her intoxication and what it had to do with her smackdown... what and what she said and did to the officer to anger him... where does this come from? What I see is... a video which shows a woman standing with her hands handcuffed behind her back.
Mebbie you should watch it again; her hands were not cuffed behind her back.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:35 PM

3,585 posts, read 9,048,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Police need to use the minimum force necessary to effect an arrest. So yes they should use less force with females.
Be very happy you are not a police officer. You would quickly have you ass handed to you for desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or