U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:58 AM

8,387 posts, read 5,064,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Okay so are we supposed to treat the female and male population as equals or are we supposed to treat the female population as the weaker sex?

Pick one and stick with it, people.
It would have been the same if this were a 100 lb. man (See Madison Alabama).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 AM

8,933 posts, read 4,871,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Except this is obviously NOT a street fight. Stop making excuses - this was use of force beyond what was necessary at the moment.
What would you call it, then. It is certainly not the dojo.

For me, off the mat, with someone who isn't playing by the rules, where I'm open to using full capability from whatever attack to out turning someone to potential force multipliers to cover/concealment to end the fight as quickly as possible....................

.....................that's a street fight!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:17 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,015,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Not that it has anything to do with the discussions in this forum.....but, nope.
It has everything to do with the discussion and I think even feminist would agree.

If some guy were to come and manhandle you you'd be the 1st one screaming about an injustice.

If some woman the same size as you came and manhandled you your response would likely be different.

As a guy who's been around physically big, aggressive guys all my life there's certain things you just don't do as a man. Especially as a man that could harm someone else.

You learn to check yourself and you definitely don't bully people smaller than you.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:19 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,015,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Now that we've officially entered into an anti-police state we are afforded the luxury of questioning absolutely everything done by law enforcement professionals, yeah for us.

The officer was trained to do exactly what he did. He wan't being violent, he was attempting to subdue someone who was resisting arrest. Should he have instead repeatedly asked her to "Pretty please, let me handcuff you"? She was breaking the law and endangering not only her own child by driving drunk, but also the lives of the people around her. He was doing his job.

Y'know what people video taping these things should do? Go find homeless people or underprivileged children going hungry all day, film that and post it online. If you're going to attempt to change the world for the better focus on bigger, more pervasive issues.
If only that were true

Old 04-24-2015, 09:22 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,874,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
What happened before has no bearing. It does not matter if this woman called the cop or his mother any number of names. It is the cop's duty to arrest without excessive force and having been sworn at does not make this any more or less excessive. The cop is required to control himself.
You beat me to the punch with this reply. The response from that poster confirms what I said earlier. Cops are just like childish bullies on the playground. Citing "maybe she was rude" as an excuse for that level of force confirms it to a T.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:25 AM

3,081 posts, read 1,587,035 times
Next time use a taser. Of course all the people with victim mentality will cry as well. Lesson 101 when be confronted by a police officer. Fight back, reject any request, absolutely no conformity. That is the new age of idiots be spawned off by social rejects.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:27 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,346,691 times
Use a taser and the person still falls fast and hard and may still strike their head as shown. In some videos in the past the person tased struck the pavement with sufficient force to induce a coma.
See Tampa, Fl sourced video of female teen outrunning FHP trooper being tased and striking head on pavement. Eventually died. Danielle Maudsley was her name.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:29 AM

7,992 posts, read 3,759,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The whole thing was witnessed by her six year old. What will this kid think of cops going forward? Then as usual the other coppers cover for the scum bag. The chief says the officer did what he was supposed to do it that situation. Yeah....he's supposed to smash a woman's head into the pavement in that situation. It's really amazing to listen to cops as they wonder in bewilderment why people hate them.
First of all people don't hate them as you put it. Granted there are a limited number of cop haters who wish to challenge authority and criticize every little thing cops do. However the vast majority of people like and respect cops. People know it is a job they must do to keep the peace and they deal with REAL scum on a daily basis. That scum that they protect us from are predators, and if allowed to run free, regular citizens wouldn't be safe to go buy groceries or gas.

That said, this video indicates poor judgment on the part of the LEO in my view. While belligerent and probably combative (we don't know how much resistance occurred prior to the video) he should have handled it in a manner that his suspect did not get injured. Sometimes that cannot be avoided because people are actively fighting/resisting. However in this case with her being drunk, it is likely the cop did not compensate for her condition, and when he used his training to take her to the ground, she was like a rag doll.
Hence the reason her body/head flew in the manner it did. I doubt a professional officer would intentionally slam her head into the ground, yet that was the result of this takedown.
So aside from my usual feeling of suspects should comply and not flee from the LEO's thereby avoiding potential injury, LEO's need to use better judgment in cases like this. I suspect many would have found a way to put her into custody without injury.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 AM

8,933 posts, read 4,871,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
........LEO's need to use better judgment in cases like this. I suspect many would have found a way to put her into custody without injury.
What is your suggestion, then, for "that way"? What would you have actually done differently?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 AM

3,556 posts, read 2,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What is your suggestion, then, for "that way"? What would you have actually done differently?
I'm not sure why you keep asking this question. The answer is always going to be either "irrelevant" or "not that".

It really doesn't matter what anyone says to you because you obviously believe that slamming this woman to the ground and letting her head bounce off of the pavement was appropriate.

Whatever dude. If you think the slightest bit of resistance should be met with promptly bouncing someone's head off of the pavement like a freaken basketball, then you have got some different views on things than I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or