U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:33 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,726,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I did a police ride along a few years ago to get a glimpse into their point of view. It made my opinions that you see here stronger. Anyway, I asked the cop about all the FF cops out there and what the deal is. He said that (locally anyway) the department tried to institute mandatory fitness requirements but the union raised hell and prevented that from happening. So as a result we have a less effective force where a large percentage of the officers couldn't chase down my grandmother. Go union!
Oh, please do not get me started. There use to be minimum height and weight standards for cops/firemen until liberals decided women were being discriminated against as a result. There also use to be stringent physical fitness requirements until again, liberals decided women couldn't pass the tests, so it must be discrimination.
Needless to say for a chefs job you don't need to be physically fit. However for police/fire/rescue you do. So affirmative action caused the physical requirements to be decimated, and now anyone, fat slobs and even weakling men can be hired. Then of course as you correctly point out the unions are involved to protect the people who have no business working if they cannot do the job. Yet when has that ever stopped unions from blindly supporting their members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,721,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Yeah, I don't think so. At all of 5'0" 105 lbs I tossed plenty of 200+ lb guys (of course, I also benched a little over 300 at the time and eventually ended up on a development squad for greco).
Now, I'm a middle aged 170lb tub of lard now, but still only 5'0" (actually shorter now), but I am still very confident that very few people could pin me to the ground in seconds.
I'm sure you killed bears with your bare hands too in your prime.

Do you even know what bench pressing actually is?

Keep apologizing...

Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 AM

13,266 posts, read 9,991,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Normally I'm against cops overdoing it, but I must agree with your assessment here. Maybe this will get her attention to her alcohol problem. Her child deserves better from her mother.
Maybe somebody should slam the cop to get his attention.

That's your reasoning not mine.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I'm a bit skeptical as well at that number. Granted I'm not the strongest, but 300lbs seems pretty high!
I'll put it this way. There were college football players twice her size who couldn't break 250.

I've never seen a woman that size bench over 250, let alone 300. That's 3 times her body weight and would make her the strongest woman in the world.

130-lb nurse smashes world bench press record | KOIN.com

Good ole city-data

Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 AM

698 posts, read 431,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not being there, it is hard to judge why she was being arrested and also what she did to resist. The video did say she resisted, and we always say that if you simply comply with the police orders you will probably not have any problems. It is when people get in the cop's face that the ass whooping begins.

We are only getting one side of the story here, and that "news source" sounds like they have an axe to grind and an agenda of their own.

Don
The fact that both cops and the general public just willingly accept that doing anything that angers a cop is going to result in a beating or getting killed should show everyone how bad the cops have gotten and how much the system does to cover for them. The police should not have the right to beat people up to retaliate for non compliance.

Until large numbers of cops end up in prison or the public gets fed up and declares open season on cops and their families this stuff will continue.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Every Monday morning quarterback can do amazing things. Performing a task, not sitting on a comfy chair in front of a computer is not the same as real life. Heads up, defy, reject requests, become belligerent, learn to expect bad results.
I have no issues handling a 100 pound woman or man. Did it all my life. Bigger than that.

I'm a FB/RB/WR. Not a QB. Get it straight.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The cops and all of the cop apologist boot lickers may just tell you those actions were justified because you're a dope addict. If you don't like it don't smoke dope- right?
Yep. Some did. Like they're my nanny or something.

Meanwhile they're killing themselves by the thousands with their drugs that aren't drugs

Stupid people.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:45 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,721,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'll put it this way. There were college football players twice her size who couldn't break 250.

I've never seen a woman that size bench over 250, let alone 300. That's 3 times her body weight and would make her the strongest woman in the world.

130-lb nurse smashes world bench press record | KOIN.com

Good ole city-data
Gtownoe you're on a roll hahaha!

I'm 5'11/6'0 and the most I could deadlift is around 250, 275 max. Deadlifting is wayyy easier than
benchpressing.

5'0 105lbs is essentially a small child/pre-teen.

Just leaves my head scratching the crap some people say on this website.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:45 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Fing PIG!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:46 AM

The reaction to the woman after she was thrown down will tell you all you need to know about his intent.

If he bends down and helps her up, acts concerned, he didn't mean to do it.

If he simply gave no reaction and acted like it was supposed to happen then he likely meant to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or