U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,011 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Reputation: 33075

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Perhaps the majority of adults are in favor of vaccinating all children, but I think it is another matter when you come after they themselves. Childhood vaccination will not give the required "Herd Immunity" to eradicate disease, or other agendas. Deadly Whooping Cough is just one example which has been discussed. Forced childhood vaccination, and those statistics, show that. How many adults will comply with this? Cradle to Grave vaccinations?

.http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/national_adu...plan_draft.pdf

This is very is long, but every American Adult needs to see what they have planned for YOU, and not just for your children.

Suzy, Katrina, for one thing, I seriously doubt that adults are going to like the idea of their medical records (vaccinations) being put into a government database to track them.
Your knowledge about EHR (Electronic Health Records) is severely lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I posted these videos in reply to the posters telling me the anti vax crowd doesn't take their convictions seriously. They obviously do.
I also stated that this kind of propaganda would increase, not decreased when mandates occur. They have.
As well as stating I can see how convincing some of these can be to parents who already question vaccine safety. And, how confusing it can be for parents looking for answers. It now is.

If you want to read more into it there's nothing I can do about that. You came in on cue. But, by your reaction I can see I hit the nail on the head. This is what a war on disease does. It complicates everything. It also fuels videos, books, and statements from doctors in the anti vax movement.

Our previous war on drugs has lead us to states that now allow Marajuana use legally. More will probably follow. Thats what happens when the government pushes people into a corner. They lose.

This is why I think mandates by state governments are a bad idea. There are better avenues that don't fuel resistance.
Marijuana? Can we stick to vaccines?

 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:24 AM
 
9,595 posts, read 5,806,602 times
Reputation: 9693
The only thing that I find sleazy about William Thompson was that he waited so long to blow the whistle on the study that covered up a connection between autism and vaccines in young African American boys. I've been paying attention to this story since it first broke and it's interesting to watch the spin machine unfold. That spin machine plays a huge rule in the distrust of the vaccine industry.
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,424 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Reputation: 29007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Never had to went I went back to college in the 90's in my 40's, because I had all those diseases you have to be vaccinated for.

Look up natural immunity. Health care professionals push vaccinations and never talk about natural immunity. I suppose that they will be very happy when we old people with our natural immunity die off and they will have 100% vaccinated "immunity".
"Natural immunity"? You mean "natural immunity" to chickenpox, which has a greater risk of causing shingles and post-herpetic pain than immunity from chickenpox vaccine? Or maybe you mean "natural immunity" to measles, which damages the immune system for two to three years after recovery from the initial illness. Or the "natural immunity" to measles which causes fatal nervous system disease a few years later? Or is it "natural immunity" to rubella, acquired during pregnancy, that produces a child with congenital rubella syndrome? Or maybe "natural immunity" to mumps, which leaves some men sterile? Or "natural immunity" to polio, which leaves some paralyzed for life? Uh-huh, "natural immunity" is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I have admit, these are scary. I'm glad I didn't see them when my kids were young or I might not have vaccinated.
Since I do have a child with nuro disorders it sort of freaks me out.

How on earth does the average parent make sense of all this? This is what we get for attacking parental choices and they don't look easily swayed by mandates to me. They look pretty darn serious. They don't look like giving in to your threat is on their agendas, idk maybe Katrina is right but somehow I don't think so.

This is the day of organic and clean lifestyles, back in my day we loved chemicals and medicine but its not that way anymore. Toxins are a big no no now.
Toxins are a big no-no. The problem is that the anti-vaccinationists call things that are not toxic, toxins.They continue to claim there is mercury in childhood vaccines, when there is not. They ignore the physiology of aluminum and formaldehyde.

And vaccinating your children before you yourself discovered anti-vax woo does not make you pro-vaccine. You can stop pretending now. If you truly understood vaccines, you would not keep posting anti-vax videos.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Perhaps the majority of adults are in favor of vaccinating all children, but I think it is another matter when you come after they themselves. Childhood vaccination will not give the required "Herd Immunity" to eradicate disease, or other agendas. Deadly Whooping Cough is just one example which has been discussed. Forced childhood vaccination, and those statistics, show that. How many adults will comply with this? Cradle to Grave vaccinations?

This is very is long, but every American Adult needs to see what they have planned for YOU, and not just for your children.

Suzy, Katrina, for one thing, I seriously doubt that adults are going to like the idea of their medical records (vaccinations) being put into a government database to track them.
Ooh! The government wants to provide a way to track adult immunizations! Oooh! Evil, evil gubmint!

You know, they do that already with kids. It's for the benefit of children who change doctors. If you think your health records are safe from being hacked in an electronic medical record, think again.

Oh, I forgot! you never see a doctor, so you do not have a medical record. I guess you are safe from the gubmint then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Interesting study about autoimmune disease and vaccines.
Any links to peer-reviewed studies showing vaccines actually cause any autoimmune disease would be helpful. Hint: the only one identified is GBS.

Addressing Parents
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:38 AM
 
9,595 posts, read 5,806,602 times
Reputation: 9693
There are some concerns regarding the Hep B vaccine and MS as well as concerns about vaccination and rheumatism. Some studies show a link, others do not. It's not conclusive either way. Yet it is concerning for those of us who have autoimmune disease in our families.
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,011 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Reputation: 33075
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Ooh! The government wants to provide a way to track adult immunizations! Oooh! Evil, evil gubmint!

You know, they do that already with kids. It's for the benefit of children who change doctors. If you think your health records are safe from being hacked in an electronic medical record, think again.
Yes. Here in CO, the registry is for every age patient. It is voluntary, for the practices, and there is an opt-out for people who do not wish to be included. I know the Denver VNA tracks flu shots in the registry, for very old people. You'll be searching for a name, say, "John Smith" and you'll find someone born in 1920! The registry is great for kids who change doctors.
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,424 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Reputation: 29007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because it's not lifelong immunity. The CDC recommends a booster every 10 years for the rest of your life.


Pertussis | Whooping Cough | Prevention | CDC
No, adults need only one pertussis booster, given in combination with the diphtheria & tetanus boosters as the Tdap. After that, just the tetanus and diphtheria booster every ten years. Women should get the Tdap with each pregnancy to boost antibodies to protect the newborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The only thing that I find sleazy about William Thompson was that he waited so long to blow the whistle on the study that covered up a connection between autism and vaccines in young African American boys. I've been paying attention to this story since it first broke and it's interesting to watch the spin machine unfold. That spin machine plays a huge rule in the distrust of the vaccine industry.
Spin? The anti-vaccinationists are the ones spinning that story!

You have never answered my question. Do you think that the study that showed a "connection between autism and vaccines in young African American boys" provides evidence that vaccines are not connected to autism in white boys and girls and black girls? Because that was the conclusion of that study.

Of course, the study did not show the connection you believe it did, and Thompson is the one who is wrong. The black boys were vaccinated early in order to participate in educational programs for children with autism. Never mind that it is not biologically plausible that vaccines would cause a problem only in black boys.

The reason we are not hearing much from Thompson is that he has gone into hiding. I suspect he's embarrassed about being played for a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There are some concerns regarding the Hep B vaccine and MS as well as concerns about vaccination and rheumatism. Some studies show a link, others do not. It's not conclusive either way. Yet it is concerning for those of us who have autoimmune disease in our families.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...111/3/653.long
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,892,998 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You know, that Thompson is the biggest horse's patoot out there. He was involved in a scientific dispute with his co-workers. (Yes, it happens. It's not all about black and white numbers.) For some strange reason, either he sought out a known anti-vaxer, Brian Hooker, or Hooker found a sucker and sought him out. Now Thompson could have Googled this guy's name, just like you or I could, and gotten some background on him. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If not, he was even more of a fool. That sleaze Hooker recorded their conversations, which occurred over a ten month period. Thompson claims it never occurred to him that might happen. Yeah, right. Men don't usually get into hour long chats with other men, but oh, well. Then Hooker turned the tapes over to that ultimate sleaze Andrew Wakefield, who made a video, with the usual comparisons to Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. Then when this all hits the fan, Thompson lawyers up and puts out this statement: http://www.morganverkamp.com/august-...ne-and-autism/

If Thompson was looking for a confessor, he should have gone to a priest, who would at least have the sense to respect his confidentiality, not use Thompson's concerns to push his own agenda.

The CDC whistleblower William W. Thompson: Final (for now) roundup and epilogue – Respectful Insolence
Great CDC Coverup
The fictional CDC coverup of vaccines and autism

If you're only going to read one article, read the last one. At the time, there was a lot more about this easily accessible on the web. Not so much, now. Thompson hasn't been heard from in public since August 27 of last year, when he wisely lawyered up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Your knowledge about EHR (Electronic Health Records) is severely lacking.



Marijuana? Can we stick to vaccines?
Read my reply to Mark, it should answer your post as well.

I think pro vaxers are a big part of the problem. I think you're one of the main reason for the recent decline in vaccination. The more you push them the more you raise suspicion. You treat people like ignorant fools, so they run from you. I hope you don't keep up your good work because it causes large groupings of unvaccinated people.

You can stick to what you'd like. When I stated I wanted to stay on the topic of California mandates it seems to have confused you as you keep following me around here reusing the same line for various things. Don't let what I said cause a hangup. This isn't a competition for me. What I said is related to why I think mandates in my state are a bad idea, and won't work but backfire. You're way off base. At least, if you feel the need to repay me with this bad habit of regurgitation, do it in the right context. My comments are still related to why I feel these mandates in my state won't work. I'm not having a battle with you about vaccine safety. I can't, I think they are safe enough, that's why I vaccinated my kids. Or believe me, the likes of you wouldn't stop me.

Last edited by PoppySead; 06-09-2015 at 09:16 AM..
 
Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,892,998 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Yes. Here in CO, the registry is for every age patient. It is voluntary, for the practices, and there is an opt-out for people who do not wish to be included. I know the Denver VNA tracks flu shots in the registry, for very old people. You'll be searching for a name, say, "John Smith" and you'll find someone born in 1920! The registry is great for kids who change doctors.
I actually agree. The tracking has been very useful for me as I travel and move often due to work. I don't see a problem with it unless we use it to find and force vaccines on others. Then, I won't dig it as much.
 
Old 06-09-2015, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,525,560 times
Reputation: 27566
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, adults need only one pertussis booster, given in combination with the diphtheria & tetanus boosters as the Tdap. After that, just the tetanus and diphtheria booster every ten years. Women should get the Tdap with each pregnancy to boost antibodies to protect the newborn.
I posted the CDC link. From there link:

Before 2005, the only booster available contained protection against tetanus and diphtheria (called Td), and was recommended for teens and adults every 10 years. Today there is a booster for preteens, teens and adults that contains protection against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap).

The easiest thing for adults to do is to get Tdap instead of their next regular tetanus booster-that Td shot that they were supposed to get every 10 years. The dose of Tdap can be given earlier than the 10-year mark, so it is a good idea for adults to talk to a healthcare provider about what is best for their specific situation.
 
Old 06-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,011 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Reputation: 33075
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Read my reply to Mark, it should answer your post as well.

I think pro vaxers are a big part of the problem. I think you're one of the main reason for the recent decline in vaccination. The more you push them the more you raise suspicion. You treat people like ignorant fools, so they run from you. I hope you don't keep up your good work because it causes large groupings of unvaccinated people.

You can stick to what you'd like. When I stated I wanted to stay on the topic of California mandates it seems to have confused you as you keep following me around here reusing the same line for various things. Don't let what I said cause a hangup. This isn't a competition for me. What I said is related to why I think mandates in my state are a bad idea, and won't work but backfire. You're way off base. At least, if you feel the need to repay me with this bad habit of regurgitation, do it in the right context. My comments are still related to why I feel these mandates in my state won't work. I'm not having a battle with you about vaccine safety. I can't, I think they are safe enough, that's why I vaccinated ky kids. Or believe me, the likes of you wouldn't stop me.
What do you mean "push"? It's my job to discuss immunizations with patients! In the job I have now, the doctor has primary responsibility, but I still have to be knowledgeable and able to answer questions. Studies have shown that the biggest factor in a patient getting HPV vaccine (which is not required in Colorado) is a health care provider's recommendation. One of the first questions patients have coming in to a well visit is "are there any immunizations today?" If the answer is yes, we discuss what imms are recommended for that visit. We give them the VISs. When I worked at the health dept. I was the one making the recommendations.

I object to the idea that I "treat people like ignorant fools". This is a discussion board. There are plenty of people, mainly anti-vaxers, on here who think they know way more than me about vaccines; this despite them being my life's work for 40 years or so. There are a few on here, none AVs, who do know more than me. I haven't noticed anyone running from me lately, either in the office or on the street.

As far as "regurgitation", in response to a post suggesting leaving the religious exemption in CA law, I stated that in FL, which has that type of imm law, there are websites showing people how to get a "religious" (wink-wink) exemption. Your snarky response was that I didn't understand what was going on, and that we were talking about California. If you're going to dump on people for bringing up other states, don't do it yourself! And really, what does gun control in AZ or legalized marijuana in any state have to do with immunizations? I do think it's important to stay on-topic, which is why I think gun control in any state, including California, and legalized marijuana (ditto) are not appropriate topics of discussion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top