U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 05:14 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,866,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I want to ban the ones that could prevent spreading illness and don't. (That would include the kids with the flu and lice since they're highly contagious and treatable).
It's similar to banning parents from driving their kids to school because my kids walk to school. Parents have hit kids who walk to school. The kids who walk are trying to do the healthy and responsible thing, why should those parents have the right to drive their kids who should be walking when they could potentially kill mine?

Old 06-09-2015, 05:24 PM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
CDC: Mercury in Vaccines Damaged Your Child. Or Not.*|*David Kirby
You aren't the only one confused. It's only going to get worse I think. I hope they start addressing more questions and stop hitting their ignore button.

Kirby? Talk about conflict of interest:

David Kirby’s calling you and me out. Yawn. – Respectful Insolence

Kirby is the one who is confused. Well, he's not really. He just has a financial stake in selling books that say vaccines cause autism. If he admits they do not, his books are worthless. Well, actually they are worthless whether he admits vaccines do not cause autism or not.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:29 PM

86,904 posts, read 102,377,003 times
Quote:
CDC: Mercury in Vaccines Damaged Your Child. Or Not.*|*David Kirby
You aren't the only one confused. It's only going to get worse I think. I hope they start addressing more questions and stop hitting their ignore button.
David Kirby has excactly ZERO health care credentials. He writes for Age of Autism, an anti-vax rag. He's very late to the party with this mercury stuff. Mercury was removed from routine childhood immunizations 14 years ago!

Old 06-09-2015, 05:34 PM

9,580 posts, read 5,776,317 times
This is how it always goes.

"Mercola has no credibility because he sells vitamins and supplement. Tennpenny is not an epidemiologist, she's discredited. Kirby sells books and that means he cannot be trusted. Offit profited from vaccines and dictated national vaccination policy at the same time but he is clearly the most credible person in the world when it comes to vaccines. Snopes is a wonderful source of info. You know nothing. We know everything. SCIENCE!"

Old 06-09-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is how it always goes.

"Mercola has no credibility because he sells vitamins and supplement. Tennpenny is not an epidemiologist, she's discredited. Kirby sells books and that means he cannot be trusted. Offit profited from vaccines and dictated national vaccination policy at the same time but he is clearly the most credible person in the world when it comes to vaccines. Snopes is a wonderful source of info. You know nothing. We know everything. SCIENCE!"
I don't care if Kirby sells books! Offit sells books. I've read a few of them. Kirby just happens to not know what he's talking about.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:56 PM

6,308 posts, read 3,556,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Homeschoolers go to grocery stores, playgrounds, public swimming pools, churches, theaters, etc. Even when homeschooled, your vaccinated kids will still encounter the unvaccinated ones.
Miss Terri, how many times do we have to say this? Do they think these kids will be home schooled on MARS???? I suppose it just gives them a false sense of security to think they are not in PUBLIC SCHOOL with their "snowflakes". Their kids will never play with unvaccinaed kids in a public playground, on the beach, dance lessons, sports teams, Scouts, DISNEY, etc. Home schooled kids will spend the rest of their lives in their HOMES.

If they cannot understand this very simple concept, how can they possibly understand others?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
David Kirby has excactly ZERO health care credentials. He writes for Age of Autism, an anti-vax rag. He's very late to the party with this mercury stuff. Mercury was removed from routine childhood immunizations 14 years ago!
Well why not? Why don't we use Mercury in immunizations. Was it not safe?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Well why not? Why don't we use Mercury in immunizations. Was it not safe?
It has been studied and found to be safe. However, it was removed because the woos convinced parents it wasn't safe!

https://www2.aap.org/immunization/fa...inestudies.pdf
You have to scroll down a ways.

From the World Health Organization:
WHO | Statement on thiomersal

Old 06-09-2015, 06:23 PM

Yes, Bayer Promoted Heroin for Children -- Here Are The Ads That Prove It - Business Insider

Things we thought were safe, and then later didn't agree. After ties to these drugs and ill effects were reported.

Syphilis – Its early history and Treatment until Penicillin and the Debate on its Origins

Syphilis was treated with Mercury

And of course we used LSD and Labotomies for mental illness, smoking to cure headaches, cocaine for a bunch of things. Why, because the science was there. lol

I told you, science isn't God. It's allows and welcomes challenges, it changes, there is no exact science.

When I hear people refer to some piece of scientific evidence like it's a bible scripture that cannot be challenged I know they don't understand it. They may believe it, but you can't believe IN it because it will disappoint. Just when you thought something was safe and effective, you learn through new evidence it's not as safe and effective than first thought.

We should appreciate what science is trying to do for us, always trying to find new ways to help us but, science is allowed to change, it's suppose to be challenged.

This is why people need to make personal choices to vaccinate or not. Science doesn't ask to be accountable for injury or death involving mandates. People place it there but scientists have never claimed to be God.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:26 PM

1,170 posts, read 792,195 times
Quote:
Yes, Bayer Promoted Heroin for Children -- Here Are The Ads That Prove It - Business Insider

Things we thought were safe, and then later didn't agree. After ties to these drugs and ill effects were reported.

Syphilis Its early history and Treatment until Penicillin and the Debate on its Origins

Syphilis was treated with Mercury

And of course we used LSD and Labotomies for mental illness, smoking to cure headaches, cocaine for a bunch of things. Why, because the science was there. lol

I told you, science isn't God. It's allows and welcomes challenges, it changes, there is no exact science.

When I hear people refer to some piece of scientific evidence like it's a bible scripture that cannot be challenged I know they don't understand it. They may believe it, but you can't believe IN it because it will disappoint. Just when you thought something was safe and effective, you learn through new evidence it's not as safe and effective than first thought.

We should appreciate what science is trying to do for us, always trying to find new ways to help us but, science is allowed to change, it's suppose to be challenged.

This is why people need to make personal choices to vaccinate or not. Science doesn't ask to be accountable for injury or death involving mandates. People place it there but scientists have never claimed to be God.
Do you believe that measles is harmful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or