Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 12:59 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You can search the thread for poppy's post if you are truly interested. I don't recall what number the post was. It is possible that her post was in a different thread related to vaccines.
Here are some studies related to thimerosal and tics which is what dizzy posted about.
Thimerosal exposure in infants and neurodevelopmental disorders: an assessment of computerized medical records in the Vaccine Safety Datalink. - PubMed - NCBI
Thimerosal exposure in infants and neurodevelopmental disorders: an assessment of computerized medical records in the Vaccine Safety Datalink. - PubMed - NCBI
Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association. - PubMed - NCBI

There are also many accounts from parents reporting facial tics after getting the chicken pox vaccine and the flu vaccine specifically. Feel free to discount them if you'd like, I won't. I take ALL concerns seriously. I'm not biased in that way.
Also, each of those studies recommends vaccination...

Old 06-29-2015, 01:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Thimerosal is not in vaccines.
There used to be and there still is in the flu vaccine at least. You said this in response to dizzy sharing her story about her child's thimersoal containing vaccines and tics.

Quote:

It's unfortunate when children get sick, and I'm sorry about your son's ticks, but other than a coincidence of the timing I'm willing to be there is no scientific evidence to correlate the vaccine with his condition. If there is, please post that as it would be of interest to me.
So what I'm showing you the evidence that supports dizzy's story. I'm not interested in playing games with you. You also didn't even read any of the studies that you asked for. You'd rather "win" then learn. Sad.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Also, each of those studies recommends vaccination...
OK, ignore the fact that they have been shown to cause tics and just focus on the push for vaccines. They wouldn't even publish a study that told people to be wary of vaccines. It's a profitable industry, not an altruistic one. Of course they are going to continue pushing for vaccination despite clear problems. And you are one of their cheerleaders.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
OK, ignore the fact that they have been shown to cause tics and just focus on the push for vaccines. They wouldn't even publish a study that told people to be wary of vaccines. It's not a profitable industry, not an altruistic one.
Wait, so you link to a study as scientific proof of your view, but discount the SAME STUDY's ultimate conclusion (that vaccines should be continued even WITH the ingredients being studied)? How does that make ANY sense?

DO YOU BELIEVE THE STUDIES YOU LINKED TO OR NOT?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Wait, so you link to a study as scientific proof of your view, but discount the SAME STUDY's ultimate conclusion (that vaccines should be continued even WITH the ingredients being studied)? How does that make ANY sense?

DO YOU BELIEVE THE STUDIES YOU LINKED TO OR NOT?
I was very clear. Goodbye.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I was very clear. Goodbye.
This is a serious issue, you're advocating for people not to vaccinate their children.

I read your studies, the ones you indicated supporting NOT vaccinating children.

Those studies specifically advocate vaccination (even with concerns about thimerosal, which has now been removed out of an abundance of caution).

It is dangerous and misleading to link to studies implying that they support your view, when the opposite is true. And then, when called on doing so, you dismiss the very same studies that you just posted.

You were NOT clear. Not at all. I really hope this lack of clarity is an oversight and not an attempt to mislead people on an issue this significant to children's health.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
There used to be and there still is in the flu vaccine at least. You said this in response to dizzy sharing her story about her child's thimersoal containing vaccines and tics.

So what I'm showing you the evidence that supports dizzy's story. I'm not interested in playing games with you. You also didn't even read any of the studies that you asked for. You'd rather "win" then learn. Sad.
We've been over this many times. Thimerosal was removed from routine childhood immunizations in 2001. That was 14 years ago now. Thimerosal-free flu vaccine, including shots, is available. About 3/4 of the flu vaccine market is T-free now. My office hasn't used multi-dose vials for years. I like the t-free. It comes in pre-filled syringes, which makes it much easier to give the correct dose to the babies and toddlers. The dose they need is so small, it's tedious to draw it up correctly out of a vial.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM

Just a reminder that the same anti-vaxx "advocate" Jenny McCarthy, who rails on and on about not allowing "toxins" in our bodies to prevent life threatening illness, has no such objection to toxins that prevent wrinkles...
Regular Botox Injections in Moderation for Jenny McCarthy | | About Faces Cosmetic Surgery BlogAbout Faces Cosmetic Surgery Blog | Facial Plastic Surgeon Tucson, AZ

Jenny McCarthy - 10 Years of Botox: Hollywood

I'm not saying she shouldn't get botox, although the risks include paralysis, drooping eyelids, loss of bladder control, chest pains, trouble talking and trouble breathing (for NO medical benefit).

It just seems a little hypocritical... But hey, she's got to look good for the talk shows about the dangers of toxins.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
This is a serious issue, you're advocating for people not to vaccinate their children.

I read your studies, the ones you indicated supporting NOT vaccinating children.

Those studies specifically advocate vaccination (even with concerns about thimerosal, which has now been removed out of an abundance of caution).

It is dangerous and misleading to link to studies implying that they support your view, when the opposite is true. And then, when called on doing so, you dismiss the very same studies that you just posted.

You were NOT clear. Not at all. I really hope this lack of clarity is an oversight and not an attempt to mislead people on an issue this significant to children's health.
Oh my god. I am NOT advocating for people to not vaccinate. I am in favor of choice and I am against the elimination of exemptions. The studies that you asked for and that I provided for you showed a link between tics and the vaccines containing thimerosal. The kind of vaccines that dizzy said her child had a reaction of tics from and the reaction that you said that you wanted proof of which I provided. Now you are on a mission to move the goal posts and try to argue things that no one is arguing about.

The studies always say that people should continue to vaccinate no matter what. That is part of the industry bias. Read between the lines. Are you still in denial about the tics just because the study concluded with "people should still vaccinate"?

I can't figure out if it's your reading comprehension that is suffering or if you are intentionally moving the goal posts in an effort to "win" or what. Whatever it is, it's super annoying.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Just a reminder that the same anti-vaxx "advocate" Jenny McCarthy, who rails on and on about not allowing "toxins" in our bodies to prevent life threatening illness, has no such objection to toxins that prevent wrinkles...
Regular Botox Injections in Moderation for Jenny McCarthy | | About Faces Cosmetic Surgery BlogAbout Faces Cosmetic Surgery Blog | Facial Plastic Surgeon Tucson, AZ

Jenny McCarthy - 10 Years of Botox: Hollywood

I'm not saying she shouldn't get botox, although the risks include paralysis, drooping eyelids, loss of bladder control, chest pains, trouble talking and trouble breathing (for NO medical benefit).

It just seems a little hypocritical... But hey, she's got to look good for the talk shows about the dangers of toxins.
No one cares what Jenny McCarthy has to say about anything. I wish people would quit pretending that those who question vaccines think of her as some kind of guru. You probably have read more about her then I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events