U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 01:38 PM

8,546 posts, read 5,271,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Just a reminder that the same anti-vaxx "advocate" Jenny McCarthy, who rails on and on about not allowing "toxins" in our bodies to prevent life threatening illness, has no such objection to toxins that prevent wrinkles...
Regular Botox Injections in Moderation for Jenny McCarthy | | About Faces Cosmetic Surgery BlogAbout Faces Cosmetic Surgery Blog | Facial Plastic Surgeon Tucson, AZ

Jenny McCarthy - 10 Years of Botox: Hollywood

I'm not saying she shouldn't get botox, although the risks include paralysis, drooping eyelids, loss of bladder control, chest pains, trouble talking and trouble breathing (for NO medical benefit).

It just seems a little hypocritical... But hey, she's got to look good for the talk shows about the dangers of toxins.
No one cares what Jenny McCarthy has to say about anything. I wish people would quit pretending that those who question vaccines think of her as some kind of guru. You probably have read more about her then I have.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
We've been over this many times. Thimerosal was removed from routine childhood immunizations in 2001. That was 14 years ago now. Thimerosal-free flu vaccine, including shots, is available. About 3/4 of the flu vaccine market is T-free now. My office hasn't used multi-dose vials for years. I like the t-free. It comes in pre-filled syringes, which makes it much easier to give the correct dose to the babies and toddlers. The dose they need is so small, it's tedious to draw it up correctly out of a vial.
Read the whole conversation. I know that thimerosal has been removed from most vaccines. The conversation taken out of context is leading to much misunderstanding. Go back and start where dizzy mentioned the tics that her son got after a vaccination which did contain thimersoal. Vaccines did used to have that and I believe her. The studies also support it.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:49 PM

1,170 posts, read 748,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Oh my god. I am NOT advocating for people to not vaccinate. I am in favor of choice and I am against the elimination of exemptions. The studies that you asked for and that I provided for you showed a link between tics and the vaccines containing thimerosal. The kind of vaccines that dizzy said her child had a reaction of tics from and the reaction that you said that you wanted proof of which I provided. Now you are on a mission to move the goal posts and try to argue things that no one is arguing about.

The studies always say that people should continue to vaccinate no matter what. That is part of the industry bias. Read between the lines. Are you still in denial about the tics just because the study concluded with "people should still vaccinate"?

I can't figure out if it's your reading comprehension that is suffering or if you are intentionally moving the goal posts in an effort to "win" or what. Whatever it is, it's super annoying.
But it's a study YOU recommended?

You imply there's some conspiracy. Yet you're willing to trust them when the possibility of injury (of an ingredient not used in vaccines - very clearly set out by the poster above) is discussed.

So you concede that medical studies ALWAYS advocate vaccination. [Anyone considering NOT vaccinating their child, please re-read that!]

The "bias" you refer to is often described as a lifetime of studying illness and immunology and looking to save lives and prevent catastrophic childhood illness through medicine. The pesky "bias" for science is SO "super annoying".

Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
But it's a study YOU recommended?

You imply there's some conspiracy. Yet you're willing to trust them when the possibility of injury (of an ingredient not used in vaccines - very clearly set out by the poster above) is discussed.

So you concede that medical studies ALWAYS advocate vaccination. [Anyone considering NOT vaccinating their child, please re-read that!]

The "bias" you refer to is often described as a lifetime of studying illness and immunology and looking to save lives and prevent catastrophic childhood illness through medicine. The pesky "bias" for science is SO "super annoying".
Moving the goal posts and missing the point I see.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:59 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,727,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Thimersol has not been present in any childhood vaccines since 2001. Therefore, this can't be used as a justification by parents not to vaccinate their children today.

CDC - Thimerosal - Vaccine Safety

The truth is that before 2001, there was never any proof produced that the trace amount of mercury in vaccines was causing any health issues either.

Yet, we'll still hear ignorant people try to claim there is mercury in vaccines. Go figure.....
How arrogant to say my valid concerns were ignorant when they were based on clearly observable changes that only happened after the vaccine was given. I do not think you would feel the same way if it was your own child that had been adversely affected by a vaccine.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:23 PM

1,170 posts, read 748,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
How arrogant to say my valid concerns were ignorant when they were based on clearly observable changes that only happened after the vaccine was given. I do not think you would feel the same way if it was your own child that had been adversely affected by a vaccine.
Nobody is saying with certainty that vaccines didn't impact your child, however the science shows that it is far more likely that your child both a) had a vaccine and b) got sick and that there is no causal connection between the two.

I'm not intending to be insensitive, when our kids get sick we all look for reasons, but absent medical data it is not reasonable to jump to the conclusion that the vaccine caused your daughter's challenges. The age you refer to is when many developmental challenges become apparent due to the milestones children are measured against, and many developmental delays are also present in those children that are not vaccinated.

All the data supports that you did exactly the right thing for your daughter (preventing much more serious illnesses).

Vaccines are one of the most studies medical interventions, and although there may be some adverse reactions there is overwhelming unequivocal evidence for the fact that they have saved an entire generation from life threatening childhood illnesses.

This legislation makes sure the current generation is entitled to that same protection.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 PM

85,016 posts, read 98,876,691 times
PASSED by the California Senate! On to Gov. Brown!
California Senate passes vaccine bill on second vote; now heads to governor - San Jose Mercury News

Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM

8,313 posts, read 8,593,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Did you even read the reply that I gave you?

I stated what is fact in this country. No childhood vaccine has contained Thimerosol since 2001. That's fourteen years ago.

You didn't state when your child was vaccinated. However, even if was before 2001, the trace amount of mercury in vaccines has since been taken out of them. So, mercury in vaccines could not by any measure still be a problem, could it?

Now, add that to fact that there was any proof produced that the tiny amount of mercury used in vaccines was causing any harm at all and perhaps you can begin to understand why I find these arguments nonsensical.

I'm concluding in these discussions that some people can't even accept the notion that 1+1 = 2.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 PM

8,313 posts, read 8,593,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Excellent news.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,581,069 times
If this passes, how much of an impact will this really have on keeping things like measles, mumps, etc. or whatever they are vaccinating against from spreading/preventing outbreaks? Given the tourism industry in CA and kids in CA coming into contact at public places, theme parks, etc with other kids from other states and countries that don't have such a policy with vaccines, is really that much being accomplished if this goes through?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or