U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 AM

1,170 posts, read 751,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its been said several times here that the flu vaccine is not a childhood vaccine.

Thimerosal is present in the multi-dose flu vaccine. but nowhere else.

How many times does this have to be repeated?
The logic seems to be that since the facts don't support the anti-vaxx opinion, keep posting long posts with refuted facts in the hopes those that pay attention to science are worn down and quit.

Random forum posters are dispensing "medical advice" with impunity. If any parent actual paid attention to this made up "science" and fear-mongering and decided not to immunize, and if their child got sick then each and every one of these anti-vaxx (anti-science posters) should be ashamed of themselves. If there was a legal way to hold posters on anonymous forums accountable for the medical impact of their "opinions", a lot fewer of these myths would be spread.

Everyone looking at vaccinations - ask your doctor whether they vaccinate their own kids. The answer will be yes. Please please get your medical advice from a trusted physician, not from those with an anti-vaxx agenda on a web forum.

Parents have enough to feel guilty about in 2015. Protecting their child from horrible diseases through vaccination should NOT be a source of worry.

Posting about ingredients that are NOT in current childhood vaccines, have NEVER been in others, are PROVEN to be safe in ways intended to encourage parents not to protect their kids from life threatening illnesses is irresponsible and uncaring.

Last edited by tlvancouver; 06-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: bad quoting :)

Old 06-30-2015, 02:20 PM

820 posts, read 1,039,824 times
Governor Brown signed the bill this morning. It's now law.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM

5,681 posts, read 3,225,691 times
Quote:
Its been said several times here that the flu vaccine is not a childhood vaccine.

Thimerosal is present in the multi-dose flu vaccine. but nowhere else.

How many times does this have to be repeated?
Ok, let's put aside Flu Shots. Let's talk about deadly Whooping Cough. If you mandate 100% of childhood Pertussis vaccination, will that eradicate Whooping Cough? There weren't 100 cases of that but in the tens of thousands. Oh my, all these SELFISH Parents refusing Pertussis vaccinations are causing whooping cough epidemics. Let's pass vaccinations laws to vaccinate all children for this and there will be HERD IMMUNITY, and Whooping Cough will be eradicated.

Come on, tell me, is this what you think? No "health care professionals" giving SCIENCE on this one. I want to hear this poster's opinion on Whooping Cough.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 PM

8,359 posts, read 8,634,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Ok, let's put aside Flu Shots. Let's talk about deadly Whooping Cough. If you mandate 100% of childhood Pertussis vaccination, will that eradicate Whooping Cough? There weren't 100 cases of that but in the tens of thousands. Oh my, all these SELFISH Parents refusing Pertussis vaccinations are causing whooping cough epidemics. Let's pass vaccinations laws to vaccinate all children for this and there will be HERD IMMUNITY, and Whooping Cough will be eradicated.

Come on, tell me, is this what you think? No "health care professionals" giving SCIENCE on this one. I want to hear this poster's opinion on Whooping Cough.
We've covered this ground before too, Jo. The major problems with totally eradicating whooping cough are (1) Its an extremely common and very contagious virus; (2) the vaccine is less effective than other vaccines for other diseases are in preventing whooping cough. Even so, the number of cases of whooping cough and deaths from the disease are dramatically down. In the case of whooping cough, herd immunity is the reason why we aren't seeing thousands of deaths per year from the disease as it was in the 1940's before the pertussis vaccine was introduced. In the 1940's there were 8,000 deaths per year from whooping cough and today there are about 40 per year. That's one half of one percent of the number of deaths in a country that in the 1940's had less than half the population it does today.

What you are doing is trying to assert because something isn't perfect that it isn't any good at all. Its a false premise and you should know that by now.

CDC - Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Fact Sheet for Parents - Vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
Governor Brown signed the bill this morning. It's now law.
Great news. I hope other states will follow suit. I predicted Jerry Brown would sign this and it looks like I was right.

With the passage and signature of this legislation, I do now believe this thread has run its course. I'd encourage the moderator to let everyone who wants make a last comment, but it is time to shut it down. Kat, Suzy, and Tlvancouver, I want to thank each of you for fighting the good fight here. I hope through our persistence, use of good medical literature, and persuasive arguments we've convinced a few people sitting on the fence of the importance of vaccination. I will pray for all others (and particularly their children) that they won't get sick or make others sick.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM

8,547 posts, read 5,298,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Random forum posters are dispensing "medical advice" with impunity.
You most certainly are. Are you a doctor?

Old 06-30-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
We've covered this ground before too, Jo. The major problems with totally eradicating whooping cough are (1) Its an extremely common and very contagious virus; (2) the vaccine is less effective than other vaccines for other diseases are in preventing whooping cough. Even so, the number of cases of whooping cough and deaths from the disease are dramatically down. In the case of whooping cough, herd immunity is the reason why we aren't seeing thousands of deaths per year from the disease as it was in the 1940's before the pertussis vaccine was introduced. In the 1940's there were 8,000 deaths per year from whooping cough and today there are about 40 per year. That's one half of one percent of the number of deaths in a country that in the 1940's had less than half the population it does today.

What you are doing is trying to assert because something isn't perfect that it isn't any good at all. Its a false premise and you should know that by now.

CDC - Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Fact Sheet for Parents - Vaccines

Great news. I hope other states will follow suit. I predicted Jerry Brown would sign this and it looks like I was right.

With the passage and signature of this legislation, I do now believe this thread has run its course. I'd encourage the moderator to let everyone who wants make a last comment, but it is time to shut it down. Kat, Suzy, and Tlvancouver, I want to thank each of you for fighting the good fight here. I hope through our persistence, use of good medical literature, and persuasive arguments we've convinced a few people sitting on the fence of the importance of vaccination. I will pray for all others (and particularly their children) that they won't get sick or make others sick.
You still do not get my point with this. You force vaccinations on 100% of children, that will not stop this because it requires vaccinations every 10 years. Do you understand this? It means that along with vaccinating little children you will need ADULT cooperation to get boosters. Not just Pertussis, but their TD, and Tdap vaccinations. You cannot achieve your precious Herd Immunity with vaccinations that require vaccinations in adulthood. Vaccinated children will not prevent outbreaks of ANYTHING. Hiding in the 25% HERD? ROFL

Ask yourself? Are these anti-vaxxer parents of young children getting THEIR vaccinations while not doing so for their children? You are CLUELESS if you think vaccinating 25% of the population (children) will give your precious Herd Immunity. HINT. You must be very YOUNG if you think this is just a 2015 concept.

Be AFRAID, VERY AFRAID.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:55 PM

1,170 posts, read 751,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You most certainly are. Are you a doctor?
Cute distraction

Every single post I have made is backed up by CONCLUSIVE medical evidence (see ALL the links above from all the pro-science posters above), not opinions of celebrities, home economists or mommy bloggers.

As I've stated many times, and a message that I hope ends this forum:

If you're making a medical decision about the life saving benefits of vaccines ask your family physician (not your neighbor, podiatrist, chiropractor or the person who sells you vitamins).

Not one of the fears listed in a 35 plus page thread is supported by current accurate data related to the childhood vaccines used in 2015.

I really hope other states and countries follow the lead of California.

Last edited by tlvancouver; 06-30-2015 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-30-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Cute distraction

Every single post I have made is backed up by CONCLUSIVE medical evidence (see ALL the links above from all the pro-science posters above), not opinions of celebrities, home economists or mommy bloggers.

As I've stated many times, and a message that I hope ends this forum:

If you're making a medical decision about the life saving benefits of vaccines ask your family physician (not your neighbor, podiatrist, chiropractor or the person who sells you vitamins).

Not one of the fears listed in a 35 plus page thread is supported by current accurate data related to the childhood vaccines used in 2015.

I really hope other states and countries follow the lead of California.

Some of us Adults, even with insurance, do not have a family physician, and this is one reason why. You will not have to argue with a non-existent "personal care provider" over anything, including vaccinations, you do not want.

I will agree though, this is far more difficult for parents of little children, until they get older.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM

30,758 posts, read 9,201,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yay! More government telling people what to do with their bodies. If you're a scared of chickenpox, then have your own kid get vaccinated.

And I wonder just how long the list is of "medical reasons" that allow those parents to opt out and rely on the "herd effect" because others (but not their children) are required to be vaccinated.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 PM

85,074 posts, read 99,122,332 times
Posters' credentials are irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or