U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 AM

1,170 posts, read 747,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe this needs to be taken up in FEDERAL Court, instead of losing in the STATE Legislature.

https://www.aclu.org/your-right-equality-education

Where does it say Right to Equality in Education EXCEPT IF? Except if you are an illegal child? Except if you are an unvaccinated child?

As a Civil Rights issue, this could be sued in Federal Court. Individual or Class Action suit against the State of California, which would be heard in Federal Court. Unequal treatment under the law.

Best people to sue would be parents of children in Head Start since that is a Federal Program, and Federal monies are given to the states for that program, which pay part of the wages for staff in HS.

Suzy, don't quote me Jacobson. There is no PANDEMIC of any disease in the US, for them to impose Martial Law. Even when a Flu Pandemic was declared in 2009, the Feds did not use that law. THINK ABOUT THAT, Suzy. It would have been political suicide to force a flu shot on all citizens, not to mention a whole of, perhaps, armed resistance if the health police came knocking on people's doors.

Be a Good Sport? Hell, no, when it comes to your own body, and your children's, that is THE most important thing YOU own. Since my children are adults, and I am retired from Education, this doesn't apply to my particular situation, YET. However, I on the basis of ANY mandatory medical treatment, I will try to do my part. I most definitely will not be a "good sport" as an adult WHEN, not if, they come after me. Take your Tdap, Hep. B. Flu, Shingles, etc, and stick it where your sun doesn't shine.

You underestimate public on this.
You think the politicians didn't consider "the public"? Their job is to represent the interests of the vast majority of people who believe in science, who want their children safe and healthy and who are willing to do their part (vaccination) for both their children and the public good.

If parents don't choose to vaccinate, they can choose to homeschool.

This has nothing to do with adults, you know that. You can save the angst for another day instead of trying to confuse the issue of childhood vaccines.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-01-2015 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 AM

9,285 posts, read 16,120,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He is correct to the extent that the government should not coerce things into people's bodies. Vaccinations should be between parents and doctors, not the government.
Nobody is coercing anything into anybody.... If parents choose not to follow scientific evidence and vaccinate their children, they are free to homeschool.... they are NOT free to allow their special little snowflakes to run around spreading PREVENTABLE communicable diseases to the public at large.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Topic: Vaccinations

Mission: To twist the topic instead towards immigration and ObamaCare

Why would you take him seriously if he didn't seem "out there"? Because he's a high profile actor?

See, the reason to dismiss Carey's ravings on a medical issue is not that he seems "out there" to you but that he's just an actor with no medical qualifications whatsoever.

what CCT fails to realize is that vaccination rates in Latin American countries are higher than they are here in 'Murica....

Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 AM

4,297 posts, read 2,247,433 times
Quote:
Nobody is coercing anything into anybody.... If parents choose not to follow scientific evidence and vaccinate their children, they are free to homeschool.... they are NOT free to allow their special little snowflakes to run around spreading PREVENTABLE communicable diseases to the public at large.....
Please, no more calls. We have a winner.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:23 AM

9,285 posts, read 16,120,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
OK, ignore the fact that they have been shown to cause tics and just focus on the push for vaccines. They wouldn't even publish a study that told people to be wary of vaccines. It's a profitable industry, not an altruistic one. Of course they are going to continue pushing for vaccination despite clear problems. And you are one of their cheerleaders.

Please explain to me how producing one small vaccination is more profitable than producing the antibiotics, anti-virals, pain relievers, fever reducers, etc. needed when someone comes down with one of these easily preventable communicable diseases??

Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 AM

1,268 posts, read 758,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The most convincing white paper I've read on the subject of autism links it to the overstimulation in the brain caused by being flopped down in front of the tv.

Remember when we used to build forts, climb trees, ring and run?

Now we have 24/7 cartoons. It ain't like the old days when you went out to play when Soul Train came on. Vaccinations, my pink ass.
Can you post a link to that white paper? Or send me a PM with it?

Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
He's an idiot.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM

2,620 posts, read 2,346,429 times
Then I suppose it's a good thing I don't take medical advice from comedians.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,272,723 times
Is Jim Carrey a Scientologist?

Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Status: "Busy being triggered by pumpkins" (set 5 days ago)

17,345 posts, read 8,536,890 times
He got his expert advice while he was dating the other expert, Jenny McCarthy.

As for those in another thread saying it's meaningless because adults would have to get their shots updated in order to remain effective - you're missing the point. Kids get sick easily and don't have strong immune systems. Same as the elderly, except they aren't running around putting their hands in their mouths and licking playground equipment.

As a side note - what I never understood about certain parents is the need to be right and to force their opinions upon others. Oh, mom is having an epidural? That's terrible for baby!!! You're having a regular birth in a hospital setting? There are more peaceful ways to usher baby into the world. Do it at home, or in a hospital where they dim the lights and play soft music, or even in a birthing tank filled with water, but whatever you do - don't have it in a regular hospital room. Who is your midwife? You don't have a midwife? What is wrong with you??? You've opted to circumcise him? That's a traumatic experience! Why would you put your baby through that?? You aren't breast feeding? Or you're breast feeding and stopping instead of letting him ween himself at four or five? You don't have a family bed????? OMG, your child will be scarred!

Guess what. You cannot tell my adult kids from the adult kids of those parents described above. They all grew up healthy and well adjusted and we didn't feel the need to tell anyone why their choices were wrong.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:45 AM

10,410 posts, read 5,975,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

what CCT fails to realize is that vaccination rates in Latin American countries are higher than they are here in 'Murica....
Children have a constitutional right to public education in CA. You don't think threatening people with removing their constituional rights is coercion? Maybe you should review the word's definition. The school is free to prevent someone who actually has a communicable disease from attending while contagious and every parent still has the right to vaccinate their own child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or