U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 PM

85,012 posts, read 98,863,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Everything on the mandate list. We are discussing the California mandate here.
Right. No flu, no HPV on the CA list.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 PM

25,422 posts, read 14,514,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He used to bang what's-her-name, Jennie something, who was the ringleader for the anti vac crowd. These people are idiots. Vaccines are the only, let me repeat that, ONLY form of medicine that has eradicated disease, rather than profited from it.
This also comes from a guy who played a both-again Christian in a violent rated r action-comedy with lots of guns and then didn't want to promote the movie because of the events of Sandy Hook. He is a braindead Hollywood liberal (just he is Canadian.)

Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,579,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What your child eats does not affect a child in another family. Vaccinated children will still get colds, whether they catch it from a fat kid or a skinny kid is irrelevant. If your child is fat but otherwise healthy, the government will not intervene. If your child is so fat he is being hospitalized for obesity related conditions, a report may be made to CPS.

Vaccine mandates exist to reduce the risk of things that can be prevented.
Completely false and I'm surprised you're not aware of this/didn't research my point before responding. Overeating/eating the wrong foods creates obesity in kids/human/any animal for that matter which does indeed affect their immune system as this state creates an inflammation response which is bad news in the body for a host of issues. One doesn't have to get to the point of hospitalization to cause immune system issues as it has been proven even a few pounds of extra weight can throw off hormones, creates an inflammatory response in the body, hampering the immune system:

From the scientific literature:

Obesity, inflammation and the immune system. - PubMed - NCBI

"This inflammatory state is reflected in increased circulating levels of pro-inflammatory proteins, and it occurs not only in adults but also in adolescents and children. The chronic inflammatory response has its origin in the links existing between the adipose tissue and the immune system. Obesity, like other states of malnutrition, is known to impair the immune function, altering leucocyte counts as well as cell-mediated immune responses."

Therefore, kids who are obese, from eating a less than ideal diet/too muchfood/the wrong kinds of food/lack of activity, they are more apt to catch more colds, flu's, other viruses for starters and put others at risk around them and are more likely pass things that can be serious to other kids in school like the flu and to other people in society. Since their immune system is impaired, as the science literature states, they will be more susceptible to get complications from things that pass easily through the air that can be serious, like the flu.

Your point of "Vaccine mandates exist to reduce the risk of things that can be prevented." is exactly the point I'm making with a decent diet/obesity in kids and in my effort to make a larger point.

Now back to my original point in my previous post. If a state gov can mandate vaccines as mandatory to "reduce the risk of things that can be prevented" as you state, where does it end?.....are you for the gov getting involved in mandating kids not being obese, holding parents accountable for their weight/diet so they aren't more likely to spread viruses around because it's scientifically proven their immune systems are compromised, putting kids at risk around them and just as important, the risk to obese kids own health because they'd be more susceptible to illness, serious illnesses/complications from things like the flu? And to keep these kids out of school until they get down to a weight, deemed appropriate by the gov, to lessen the risk to the kid who is obese and those around them? I see a very slippery slope with this ruling, far away from any pro/con vaccine issue as my example illustrates.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 PM

^^Slippery slope is a logical fallacy. This bill, now law, is what the thread is all about. It's better to have a vaccinated obese kid than an unvaccinated one. The opposite isn't true. An unvaccinated non-obese kid can spread disease just as easily as an unvaccinated obese child.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:26 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,612,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This also comes from a guy who played a both-again Christian in a violent rated r action-comedy with lots of guns and then didn't want to promote the movie because of the events of Sandy Hook. He is a braindead Hollywood liberal (just he is Canadian.)
Put that "liberal" bs back in your pocket, and I'm right with ya. This here liberal has been in a mosh pit listening to suicidal tendencies and pulled up by her hair by an OI punk.

Don't play the punk card on me, kiddo.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:29 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,579,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
^^Slippery slope is a logical fallacy. This bill, now law, is what the thread is all about. It's better to have a vaccinated obese kid than an unvaccinated one. The opposite isn't true. An unvaccinated non-obese kid can spread disease just as easily as an unvaccinated obese child.
Sure it's a logical fallacy....if you believe every decision/action operates in a vacuum. I call that illogical and naive thinking. Not quite how the real world works.....

I understand what this thread is about and it's logical to ask what outcomes such a decision could spin off as a result. If you think every decision outcome exists in a vacuum which seems to be the case, I think you made your answer very clear to my question.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM

25,422 posts, read 14,514,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Put that "liberal" bs back in your pocket, and I'm right with ya. This here liberal has been in a mosh pit listening to suicidal tendencies and pulled up by her hair by an OI punk.

Don't play the punk card on me, kiddo.
I only use the liberal "bs" because in this case, it fits Carey's mo based on recent political comments. I am called a liberal too but it don't stick on me except that I am not republican enough.

FYI, music wise, I'm right with ya.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Sure it's a logical fallacy....if you believe every decision/action operates in a vacuum. I call that illogical and naive thinking. Not quite how the real world works.....

I understand what this thread is about and it's logical to ask what outcomes such a decision could spin off as a result. If you think every decision outcome exists in a vacuum which seems to be the case, I think you made your answer very clear to my question.
Someone can always find a problem they consider more pressing than the one under discussion. The pro-smoking people do that too.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:46 PM

30,488 posts, read 9,110,523 times
He's living proof that even the blind squirrel occasionally finds the nut.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:03 PM

6,231 posts, read 9,519,304 times
How interesting. The sames ones that decried the studies about the long-term negative consequences of smoking marijuana and simply waved it away as "big pharma" propaganda are now on the pro-vaccine bandwagon. Lol. Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or