U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 01:34 PM

8,546 posts, read 5,271,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Not accurate about my "agenda". This is the only thread on any site I've ever weighed in on about vaccines (until today - I did post on the Jim Carrey one this morning).

In terms of the highlighted portion above - I DO feel like keeping the facts and science front and centre IS a "community service". There are NO (I repeat) NO reputable scientific studies to refute what I've posted.

Parents are faced with enough fear mongering and I find random unsubstantiated fears tossed around by anti-vaxxers to be dangerous and irresponsible. Tabloids like manufactured controversy, it doesn't make it "real".

You are "anti-vaccine" and "anti-science" every single one of your posts supports this, wrapping it in a "choice" argument doesn't change that fact.

Parents SHOULD vaccinate their children - every single piece of reputable evidence supports this, to try to convince people otherwise under the cloak of "choice" is misleading, dangerous and irresponsible.
If you keep telling yourself lies often enough about other people, then I suppose it's no surprise that you believe them. I am not anti-science or anti-vaccine. I am pro choice. Learn the difference and quit abusing the term science. I'm not even sure if you know what it means at this point in time. You are pro- scientific studies that support your agenda and are often not without bias. I am pro-science.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Who wouldn't be sad about people who are victims of medical errors? That, however, is not the topic of this thread.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/us...ions.html?_r=0
"Mr. Pan said he has received repeated threats, so worrisome that he had additional security for several events."

Is The New York Times a reliable enough source?

How about CBS?
Security Stepped Up At State Capitol After Vaccine Bill Author Receives Death Threats CBS San Francisco

Anyone can play this "tit for tat" game.
Oh please. That "anti-vaccine fringe group" crap is total BS. I wouldn't be surprised if Merck itself was behind it to make people who are for choice look crazy. And no I don't consider mainstream media to be unbiased or to be actually practicing real journalism. Wake up people.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Coincidence?
3 Alternative Health Doctors Found Dead In the Last 2 Weeks After Run-Ins With The Feds | The Free Thought Project

Old 07-02-2015, 01:42 PM

5,654 posts, read 3,202,909 times
Quote:
You have the CHOICE not to vaccinate and to homeschool in California, and then maybe you don't need to teach that pesky science that keeps getting in the way here.
The science is irrlevant. Do I EVER quote Alternative Medicine? I could not even tell you what they say. Sorry, to my friends who believe that. I do believe in YOUR choice. Science is NOT my issue. Choice and freedom is.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
You have the CHOICE not to vaccinate and to homeschool in California, and then maybe you don't need to teach that pesky science that keeps getting in the way here.
My grandkids do not live in California. I am retired from public school in Florida. Try again.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM

85,016 posts, read 98,876,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Oh please. That "anti-vaccine fringe group" crap is total BS. I wouldn't be surprised if Merck itself was behind it to make people who are for choice look crazy. And no I don't consider mainstream media to be unbiased or to be actually practicing real journalism. Wake up people.
Then your CBS link about Merck's "hit team" for Vioxx is invalid as well.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Choice and freedom is.
That truly is the crux of the issue.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Then your CBS link about Merck's "hit team" for Vioxx is invalid as well.
Is it? The evidence was included in class action lawsuit. I guess the judge would be the judge of that.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
"MissTerri" - We get it, you don't like or trust doctors, drug executives etc. - you seem to spend hours on the internet scouring for examples of where medicine didn't work. This anti-vax rhetoric all starts to sound very tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist...

As with any profession there's good and bad, however vaccines are extensively researched and childhood vaccines save lives.

I've seen doctors for myself and my family many many times, are doctors perfect? Nope. Would I go to anyone other than a doctor for medical advice? Of course not! If I'm making a decision for our family's health I will consult reputable hospitals, peer reviewed studies etc.

Ask your family doctor - every SINGLE doctor I know vaccinates their own kids and supports mandates in situations where voluntary compliance is not high enough because they WORK.
She isn't the one who dislikes and distrusts doctors. I suppose that would be me. "My doctor" hasn't existed since 1984. Again, my choice.

We are not clones of one another.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

We are not clones of one another.
I think that is what is making some of the vaccine pushers angry. We are supposed to all believe the same thing and when some of us have our own opinions (some even backed by science. Gasp!). They get upset and angry and try to control us with mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or