U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-03-2015, 08:10 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 794,785 times
Reputation: 2377

Advertisements



It's too bad "it takes all kinds"


When words don't work... I like the graphic at the bottom, I wish "choice" worked, but in California it hasn't so they need mandates. Other jurisdictions are likely to follow and I certainly hope so.


 
Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 AM
 
9,012 posts, read 8,314,677 times
Reputation: 14429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am old also. When you were a child, were people terrified of MEASLES? Ok, maybe polio, but certainly not things like measles, mumps, or chicken pox.

I do not remember any signs on doors: Warning! Quarantine. MEASLES! CHICKEN POX! We had Pox Parties and Measles Parties so other kids could catch these disease while still young.

Today those parents would be arrested for doing that. Younger generation seems to think people thought of measles as the same way as SMALL POX. Geesch.

I also believe in choice.
This is such a wonderful post......
Honestly at 18 years old I was a brand new mom &
didn't question vaccines.......
When my oldest son at 4 actually got measles-
seriously enough to be hospitalized for a week
EVEN THO HE HAD THE VACCINATIONS,
I started researching the entire scam .......
From that point on I picked & chose exactly which vaccines my kids got.......
And my pediatrician totally agreed with me
 
Old 07-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,003 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Reputation: 33059
^^I wish I had your computer skills! Love it! You'll have to click on the link for this one:
https://www.facebook.com/RtAVM/photo...type=1&theater
 
Old 07-03-2015, 09:36 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 794,785 times
Reputation: 2377
From KatarinaWitt on another thread


 
Old 07-03-2015, 09:44 AM
 
Location: MID ATLANTIC
7,731 posts, read 18,615,543 times
Reputation: 8394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Once again, you cannot see the forest for the trees. Unvaccinated homeschooled children will be banned from Disney around your little snowflakes?

Out of public school isn't out of SOCIETY.
In public school, kids hang all over each other, share drinks, hairbrushes and Barbie's.....all less likely even when out in society.
 
Old 07-03-2015, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
15,265 posts, read 12,579,343 times
Reputation: 22096
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
If so, it was more economical to leave it out. You don't really believe 1 in 68 births are born with profound autism?
yes and its gone up .
Autism Facts and Statistics
April 28, 2014 | Kim James Ph.D., BCBA-D | Print
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate that approximately 1 in 68 American children are on the autism spectrum. More specifically, it’s estimated that 1 in 42 boys, and 1 in 189 girls are diagnosed with autism in the US.

This new estimate is roughly 30 percent higher than previous estimates reported in 2012 of 1 in 88 children http://www.ddiny.org/autism-informat...0kMRoC9jPw_wcB
 
Old 07-03-2015, 11:04 AM
 
3,913 posts, read 2,748,478 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
yes and its gone up .
Autism Facts and Statistics
April 28, 2014 | Kim James Ph.D., BCBA-D | Print
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate that approximately 1 in 68 American children are on the autism spectrum. More specifically, itís estimated that 1 in 42 boys, and 1 in 189 girls are diagnosed with autism in the US.

This new estimate is roughly 30 percent higher than previous estimates reported in 2012 of 1 in 88 children Autism Facts
Why is it so high and climbing so fast?????

What was it in the 60's/70's when I was in school? Or in the 90's when my kids started school?
 
Old 07-03-2015, 11:32 AM
 
6,369 posts, read 3,580,666 times
Reputation: 7286
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
In public school, kids hang all over each other, share drinks, hairbrushes and Barbie's.....all less likely even when out in society.
Does Little League, Girl Scouts, Dance Lessons, Gymboree for little kids, birthday parties by the neighbors down the street require vaccination records? Kids involved in these outside of public school activities will still do exactly the things you think they only do in public school.

Edit: My kids played high level Travel Sports. The kids on the teams were not all from the same public high high school, or the same town. They played other teams from all over the COUNTRY in Tournaments. WHO knew WHO these kids were or if the were vaccinated. One of my daughters played for a team in a neighboring state from where we lived. At one national tournament, which was in Ct., she played teams from Florida and California. Do all public schools in the entire country mandate vaccinations? Did all these players go to public schools? Who knew. Only a general physical was required to play; not to show a complete vaccination record.

No physical contact in sports? A LOT. Plus, these kids dressed, undressed, and showered together. Better not let your California kids play travel sports.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-03-2015 at 11:56 AM..
 
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 794,785 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Does Little League, Girl Scouts, Dance Lessons, Gymboree for little kids, birthday parties by the neighbors down the street require vaccination records? Kids involved in these outside of public school activities will still do exactly the things you think they only do in public school.

Edit: My kids played high level Travel Sports. The kids on the teams were not all from the same public high high school, or the same town. They played other teams from all over the COUNTRY in Tournaments. WHO knew WHO these kids were or if the were vaccinated. One of my daughters played for a team in a neighboring state from where we lived. At one national tournament, which was in Ct., she played teams from Florida and California. Do all public schools in the entire country mandate vaccinations? Did all these players go to public schools? Who knew. Only a general physical was required to play; not to show a complete vaccination record.

No physical contact in sports? A LOT. Plus, these kids dressed, undressed, and showered together. Better not let your California kids play travel sports.
The mandates will get immunization rates back up into the range where the risk significantly decreases, but I for one would support requiring these for athletes putting others at risk.

Your argument seems to be because it won't catch everyone, mandates are bad. No law or rule catches EVERYONE, but we have lots of laws. Why? Because something is better than nothing.

"Abandon road safety rules because we don't have enough police". Doesn't that sound silly, even to you?

Also, the sad reality is kids with the most compromised immune systems who can't themselves be vaccinated (who are at great risk with reducing vaccination rates) are not as likely to be playing those sports.
 
Old 07-03-2015, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,688 posts, read 10,038,875 times
Reputation: 20201
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Why is it so high and climbing so fast?????

What was it in the 60's/70's when I was in school? Or in the 90's when my kids started school?
You must have missed the posts addressing this, but more than one study links autism with women who give birth at an older age. As women put off childbirth for careers or because they married later in life, the numbers started to go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top