Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 03:39 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,013,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So you don't think she should make any money? ok. But again, she started this due to her son being injured by a vaccine. I'm sure she'd trade his health problems that he got from the vaccine injury for the career any day. I often think that people focus too much on autism and vaccines. That is not the only reason why people avoid vaccines.

You think that anyone and everyone can homeschool. That's absurd.
The anti-vax movement used to focus on autism, until the entirety of their rationale was completely debunked, mothers with sick kids want someone to blame for their kid being sick, even when the overwhelming evidence supports genetics.

It's clear you're "tired of science" - it's so pesky when hundreds of peer reviewed studies by immunologists contradict an anti-vaxxers "spidey sense" on health issues.

Personally, I HOPE nobody homeschools to avoid vaccines because it means everyone gets vaccinated and is likely to not fall ill. That's just me. I also think that a good dose of science class would benefit those kids being raised with parents who don't believe in it.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:43 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,582,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
The anti-vax movement used to focus on autism, until the entirety of their rationale was completely debunked, mothers with sick kids want someone to blame for their kid being sick, even when the overwhelming evidence supports genetics.

It's clear you're "tired of science" - it's so pesky when hundreds of peer reviewed studies by immunologists contradict an anti-vaxxers "spidey sense" on health issues.

Personally, I HOPE nobody homeschools to avoid vaccines because it means everyone gets vaccinated and is likely to not fall ill. That's just me. I also think that a good dose of science class would benefit those kids being raised with parents who don't believe in it.
Another one who does not know what science is and who uses and abuses the term to fit an agenda.

Personally, I hope more and more people homeschool and the state loses school funding due to dwindling numbers. I hope that people are able to do what they wish their bodies and not be forced into vaccinating if they do not want to.

Last edited by MissTerri; 07-03-2015 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-03-2015, 03:47 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,059,994 times
Quote:

If we are still in CA when we have school aged kids (hopefully not), we'll have to home school. We aren't anti-vaccine but are anti-certain vaccines and anti-government mandating things they have no business mandating. This legislation is going to force people who are opposed to only certain vaccines to home school, even if they don't want to. It will force a parent to not work, even if that money (especially in such an expensive state) is vitally important for the family. It will force families who really shouldn't be home schooling to home school. It is not good legislation, no matter what the rabid pro-vaccination at all cost crowd wants to say.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
If we are still in CA when we have school aged kids (hopefully not), we'll have to home school. We aren't anti-vaccine but are anti-certain vaccines and anti-government mandating things they have no business mandating. This legislation is going to force people who are opposed to only certain vaccines to home school, even if they don't want to. It will force a parent to not work, even if that money (especially in such an expensive state) is vitally important for the family. It will force families who really shouldn't be home schooling to home school. It is not good legislation, no matter what the rabid pro-vaccination at all cost crowd wants to say.
So true. It's terrible legislation and there will be backlash.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:05 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,013,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I have no sympathy for this. None.

Vaccinate your kid, save them from life threatening illnesses, do your part to protect society's most vulnerable and send your kid to school to connect with their peers. My hope is that other jurisdictions do the same.

Every piece of evidence points to the benefits being exponentially greater than any risk, and if you're not willing to do it, your child is lucky the government has mandates.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:37 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,133,746 times
Quote:

For someone that wanted the thread closed, you have a way of saying things that make debate rehashing upspring again.

Katrina so far win is winning on the how to talk to and educate people score - by a long shot. Maybe some folks should be quiet, and just ler Katrina talk?

Maybe they could learn something from her.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,465,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm just gonna bounce in here w/ my take....
I bet that only a few of you even read what he said

Here's a few excerpts......

I am not anti-vaccine. I am anti-thimerosal, anti-mercury. They have taken some of the mercury laden thimerosal out of vaccines. NOT ALL!

The CDC can't solve a problem they helped start. It's too risky to admit they have been wrong about mercury/thimerasol. They are corrupt

I am PRO-VACCINE/ANTI-NEUROTOXIN, Get that straight

Now onto the masses attacking the voice of reason-
And yes, surprisingly this time it is Jim Carrey

Btw, on the actual link it says California is forcing this vaccination program on people,
& if they object they can homeschool........

Score for homeschoolers!
Speaking of homeschooling... What if all the unvaccinated kids were taken out of public school. Considering the huge reaction in Cali, I suppose it's a possibility. Could the school districts take that kind of financial hit?

Could this actually backfire on the public school system?

Old 07-03-2015, 05:21 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,261,140 times
Scary. As someone who also takes powerful immunosuppressants, I was very anxious during this most recent outbreak. It appears I had good reason to be.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Speaking of homeschooling... What if all the unvaccinated kids were taken out of public school. Considering the huge reaction in Cali, I suppose it's a possibility. Could the school districts take that kind of financial hit?

Could this actually backfire on the public school system?
I sure hope so.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:26 PM

They don't provide any details to confirm that this person was infected by an unvaccinated individual. The vaccine is not 100% effective. How many other people in this area had measles? What clinic did the patient contract measles at? Why no details?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events