Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times

Advertisements

The media, and the CDC, created this measles panic. Why? Fear, panic, and to push mandatory vaccinations. Think about this. Who are vaccinated for MMR? Little children. They can use fear to push legislation vaccinating all children, as what happened in California. The woman who died in Washington died of pneumonia. Extrapolate this death.

There are far more deaths in this country from pneumonia

as a complication of the FLU. There is a Flu vaccination also. So why isn't there any panic or push to make Flu shots mandatory because people are dying from complications of the Flu?

Flu, unlike Measles, if more personal to the public. People have had the flu themselves, and just shrug. In addition, mandating Flu shots in children, like MRR, will not solve the problem. Every single person over 6 months old, and every single year, has to get a Flu shot. Too high of bar to reach that.

In 2009 the White House declared a Flu PANDEMIC. How many people know that? Were they mandating vaccinations for everyone? Quarantine people? Knocking on doors? Nope. That would have created fury in the minds of the public.

To the people with compromised immune systems, are you terrifed of being around people with the Flu also? A whole lot more people are walking around with that than MEASLES.

By the way, I had measles as a 6 month old baby. Very young and not hospitalized as the majority of kids WEREN'T. Been around a lot kids who had measles growing up. Never got it again. I am sure you have heard of pox parties back in the old days. Well, they also had Measles Parties too. It was considered better that young children get these disease rather than when they were ADULTS, who could have more complications from it.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:15 AM

120 posts, read 116,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabush View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonwells/m...rs#.bm8Za8l6XK

Congrats, anti-vaxxers! Your disinformation program is working!
We all worry about whether or not someone got vaccinated against childhood diseases as we drive down the freeway texting our friends, and talking on our smart-phones as we drive in rush hour traffic.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:19 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The media, and the CDC, created this measles panic. Why? Fear, panic, and to push mandatory vaccinations. Think about this. Who are vaccinated for MMR? Little children. They can use fear to push legislation vaccinating all children, as what happened in California.

You're right, its a government conspiracy. You finally found it out. Measles isn't real, it's like unicorns.

The majority of the mainstream media, elected officials, regardless of their political affiliation, the entirety of the respected medical profession, organizations who only exist to keep people safe - they're all in it.

They're all conspiring to ensure that every child has to get a needle to save their lives.

Thank goodness for Hollywood celebrities clever enough to expose this vast conspiracy.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
When your spouse got an MMR booster, he could have transmitted the live virus to you then. Most vax inserts caution recipients to avoid immunocompromised individuals for at least 21 days.
Three different doctors assured us this was extraordinarily unlikely with MMR, and there are no documented cases of it happening. FluMist is another story, which is why my husband and children have the shot instead. I also have a Flu shot, although I understand that because of the medications I take that I may not develop complete immunity to the strains in the vaccine. I also take great pains to monitor flu outbreaks in my area and take precautions if warranted. BTW, my husband, kids, and I get the flu vaccine every year in September or October, and none of us have ever gotten sick. We've been doing it for at least a couple of decades.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-05-2015 at 09:30 AM..

Old 07-05-2015, 09:25 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
They didn't have a chicken pox vaccine when my son was little.

He got it, and kindly passed it on to me at age 25. It wasn't pretty, and I triggered an outbreak of shingles when I was non-symptomatic at the office.

I looked like someone had deep fried me because of all the blisters. The fever, the body aches.
The blisters on areas we don't talk about.

Yuck. Seriously, vaccinate your kids, and yourself.
Obviously, you never had chicken pox yourself as a child. That vax came out after both my kids had it. My husband and I didn't catch chicken pox from them because we both had it as children.

As I said in another post, back in the old days it was considered better that young children catch these diseases. Then when they were adults they would be immune when they had their own children coming down with them. That is why your case of the pox was worse than that of children.

It is the other way around. You have it backward. Someone with shingles can give chicken pox to someone either not vaccinated or had the disease,but shingles isn't contagious. Shingles comes from inside your own body, not other people.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Obviously, you never had chicken pox yourself as a child. That vax came out after both my kids had it. My husband and I didn't catch chicken pox from them because we both had it as children.

As I said in another post, back in the old days it was considered better that young children catch these diseases. Then when they were adults they would be immune when they had their own children coming down with them. That is why your case of the pox was worse than that of children.

It is the other way around. You have it backward. Someone with shingles can give chicken pox to someone either not vaccinated or had the disease,but shingles isn't contagious. Shingles comes from inside your own body, not other people.
Look, I respect your right to differ, but vaccinations are homeopathic by their very definition. They trigger the body's immune system to protect itself. What is the one disease that has been eradicated? And what homeopathic means did they use to do it?

Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 AM

948 posts, read 920,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Children who are immunocompromised or allergic to vaccines are entitled to an education, too. When their public school has less than a 50% vaccination rate in some areas, that choice is taken away from them.
I was always under the impression that the government made teachers/tutors available to children who could not attend school for medical reasons, who came to the children's homes to teach them privately at taxpayer expense, because all children are entitled to an education.
Is this true or a myth ?

When the government bans children from attending school if they are not vaccinated, would the same service be available to them? If it is, it could get pretty expensive to the taxpayers. If I lived in California, I know I would be tempted to avoid vaccinating my child to get free one-on-one tutoring at home by a licensed teacher! What better education could you hope for? My ethics might stop me, but there are far more people who wouldn't think twice about it. Look at all the wealthy parents who spare no expense to find a doctor that will give their child a diagnosis of some minor learning disability, even a fake one, just so they can get free tutoring and other special benefits. Many of these same people might feel that skipping vaccinations to get free one-on-one tutoring was a good deal. Skipping vaccinations would certainly be easier than getting the kid a diagnosis for some medical condition that prevents them from attending school.

On the other hand, if the government does not send tutors to homes to help children who can't attend school because they aren't vaccinated, then the government would be denying them an education.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
You're right, its a government conspiracy. You finally found it out. Measles isn't real, it's like unicorns.

The majority of the mainstream media, elected officials, regardless of their political affiliation, the entirety of the respected medical profession, organizations who only exist to keep people safe - they're all in it.

They're all conspiring to ensure that every child has to get a needle to save their lives.

Thank goodness for Hollywood celebrities clever enough to expose this vast conspiracy.

Of course measles is real. No one is denying that. My goodness, the poster to whom you are accusing this of has mentioned that she had measles as a child. However, the panic that has been promoted by the media and the CDC over the small outbreak is manufactured and designed to create panic and fear in order to take away our right to choose. Wake up.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:39 AM

920 posts, read 931,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If they aren't vaccinated they can enroll them in private school or home school. If they choose to just keep them out of school they will most likely be summoned to court to explain that- or referred to CPS.
Untrue. Even private schools have this requirement regarding vaccinations. They must attend a "home" school, located in a home somewhere

Here is a more balanced view- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVQJtl4Sk8

Old 07-05-2015, 09:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
They didn't have a chicken pox vaccine when my son was little.

He got it, and kindly passed it on to me at age 25. It wasn't pretty, and I triggered an outbreak of shingles when I was non-symptomatic at the office.

I looked like someone had deep fried me because of all the blisters. The fever, the body aches.
The blisters on areas we don't talk about.

Yuck. Seriously, vaccinate your kids, and yourself.
You did not trigger a shingles outbreak by exposing others to your chickenpox. It's not possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events