U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 11:16 AM

8,547 posts, read 5,312,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Threats and coercion? In what way? Every decision we make has consequences. Every one. Some decisions we make provide consequences we do not like. And this is not a fad. This is reckless behavior that actually puts others at risk. It is not a matter of ignoring it until it goes away! Look, vaccines themselves will not provide 100% protection. So when the percentage of children getting vaccines goes down, the higher the likelihood a preventable disease will spread. Schools are a very likely place for that to happen. Then, it is more likely to spread to vulnerable populations--the very young and old, those with compromised immunity. It is an irresponsible decision to expose the population to disease needlessly. In the interest of public health, a decision will have to be made--if I choose not to vaccinate my child and have no legitimate reason (as defined by the law), I cannot send that child to a public school physically. Alternatives are available. I may not like it, but that is my choice.

Soft campaigns are not working.
"If you clean your room you will not get a spanking". Is that an example of a parent giving their children choices and allowing them to make decisions? I don't think so. It's a false choice and it's very coercive. It's very much like the false choice of, "if you get all of the vaccines that we say you must get, you can go to public school". It's not a real choice.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Wow. It's like kinder on here. Whens snake time?
I was thinking the same. Some people get off on making fun of others who have who have legitimate concerns. They think just because they are in the majority they can be bullies.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 3,236,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

Old 07-11-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
MMR vaccine complication ITP: Vaccines save lives despite rare side effects.
There are real injuries from vaccines, and despite them people still willingly vaccinate. You give such little credit to others and are so angry it's difficult to communicate with you. It's like conversing with a robot reading the CDC website armed and ready for the anti vaxed. I already am aware what they say, and quite frankly they are more honest than you are about vaccine injuries.
I think some of the extreme vaccine pushers who are arguing for no exemptions are doing just that.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 AM

85,105 posts, read 99,260,084 times
This is a very simplistic mention of ITP as a complication of measles DISEASE.
Measles Complications - Mayo Clinic

Here's an article about ITP:
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)

It's hard to find articles about ITP following measles because there are so few measles cases today since most people are vaccinated.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:31 AM

1,170 posts, read 753,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
She could sign a waiver refusing the mammogram and holding him not responsible if she got cancer. The same as she could do for refusal to be vaccinated. Again, why she would continue seeing that doctor? Find another one, which this woman said she did.
All this talk about liability - individuals and corporations should be held fully liable for the costs and impacts of their decisions.

If only there was a waiver saving taxpayers from the costs of infectious diseases caught by anti-Vaxers. Seems only fair in the context of the completely contrived overstatement of risks of vaccine.

I would also like to see anti-vaxers that choose not to vaccinate (without a medical exemption) be required to set up a compensation fund:

Set it up so that anyone who catches a completely preventable disease after exposure to an unvaccinated person within the same perid of time as VAERS sets. The infected person doesn't have to prove the "adverse event" (in this case infection) was caused by the unvaccinated person, only that it occurred within the specified time frame. Compensation would then be paid out of the contributions those that chose not to vaccinate made.

Or, alternatively anyone who is unvaccinated and passes along a preventable disease could be sued for all the personal and health care costs of that negligent decision. Pass it along to 100 people? Bye bye house.

How does your "choice" look now?

On a side note, I would be terrified to send my kid to school with the kids of these anti-vaxers. "Too bad about your kids peanut allergy, my kid has a RIGHT to peanut butter even if that choice puts your kid's life at risk".

Last edited by tlvancouver; 07-11-2015 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Edit typo

Old 07-11-2015, 11:34 AM

1,026 posts, read 392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
"If you clean your room you will not get a spanking". Is that an example of a parent giving their children choices and allowing them to make decisions? I don't think so. It's a false choice and it's very coercive. It's very much like the false choice of, "if you get all of the vaccines that we say you must get, you can go to public school". It's not a real choice.
Your example is flawed. "If you clean you room you can go to the movies with your friends."

How about this: if you get a passport, you can vacation abroad. If you get a license, you can drive a car. If you pay your bill, you get water & electricity. We give things for services and privileges all the time. This one is a biggie--I understand that. But it isn't coercion. This isn't a tactic to make reluctant people vaccinate, really. It's a tactic to offer the best possible protections for public school children. If one chooses not to comply there are alternatives, including access to public school--just not physical access. That is the choice.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 AM

5,696 posts, read 3,236,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
This is a very simplistic mention of ITP as a complication of measles DISEASE.
Measles Complications - Mayo Clinic

Here's an article about ITP:
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)

It's hard to find articles about ITP following measles because there are so few measles cases today since most people are vaccinated.
Try the WHO. They list number of cases of specific diseases reported by every country. BTW, the numbers for US measles cases reported by the WHO is a lot higher than what CDC is telling public.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:42 AM

1,170 posts, read 753,448 times
Quote:
There are real injuries from vaccines, and despite them people still willingly vaccinate. You give such little credit to others and are so angry it's difficult to communicate with you. It's like conversing with a robot reading the CDC website armed and ready for the anti vaxed. I already am aware what they say, and quite frankly they are more honest than you are about vaccine injuries.

Many of the anti-vaxers on this thread:

"Ya, like totally... It's like SO annoying when people try to talk about medicine and science when discussing medicine and science. Quoting the CDC is SO "last year".

It's SO boring when people go to the Centre for Disease Control for information on disease control. It's way cooler to get our vaccination information from Entertainment Tonight and "buymybookonwhysciencesucks.com"."

Yawn. There are very remote and manageable risks related to vaccines. The diseases they prevent kill people including society's most vulnerable if healthy people don't vaccinate.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:55 AM

85,105 posts, read 99,260,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Many of the anti-vaxers on this thread:

"Ya, like totally... It's like SO annoying when people try to talk about medicine and science when discussing medicine and science. Quoting the CDC is SO "last year".

It's SO boring when people go to the Centre for Disease Control for information on disease control. It's way cooler to get our vaccination information from Entertainment Tonight and "buymybookonwhysciencesucks.com"."

Yawn. There are very remote and manageable risks related to vaccines. The diseases they prevent kill people including society's most vulnerable if healthy people don't vaccinate.
On the other hand, "let's go to VAERS (another government agency) and totally misinterpret their reports. My God, half the people in the US who get vaccinated have been killed by vaccines!" Go US govt. for keeping us informed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or