Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 09:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What's yours?
My problem is with you continually to berate me for honestly answering a question.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:49 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I remember having chicken pox and it was not a big deal at all. In childhood it usually isn't. It's dangerous as people get older. Chicken pox vaccination is not routine everywhere.
I agree. Chicken pox is not seen as dangerous in children, some parents even want their kids to get it. I have heard of "pox parties" but never heard of anyone actually having one.

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Before vaccines approximately 100 people per year died of chicken pox. That's more deaths from chicken pox alone in one year than the most strident anti-vaxer could attribute to ALL vaccines (including measles, mumps and polio) in 10 years [and likely the figure is far far lower related to vaccines].

How does it possibly make sense to minimize chicken pox which KILLED 100 people per year and then, with a straight face, indicate we should be "terrified" of vaccines?
So since chicken pox is more deadly (in one year) than those vaccinations combined (in TEN years), how do you rationalize not getting the vaccine?

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
My problem is with you continually to berate me for honestly answering a question.
Just lie next time. Apparently they are used to it and want to be lied to.

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri;40391996[B
]I remember having chicken pox and it was not a big deal at all[/b]. In childhood it usually isn't. It's dangerous as people get older. Adults who have had chicken pox benefit from being exposed to children with chicken pox due to the immune boost that they gain which in turn help to suppress shingles outbreaks. Chicken pox vaccination is not routine everywhere.
Except when people die.

Why is the fact that chicken pox risk is okay, but the fact that vaccines are not only "not a big deal at all" but a very very "small deal" to prevent 15 illnesses that can kill or maim.

In fact the serious adverse reactions to vaccines are 1 in a million. But 100 deaths a year because of chicken pox parties are okay.

HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? (I guess there's cake at parties, so maybe that tips the scales )

Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
My problem with you is that you avoided answering a simple question that only has one answer by saying you need "experience." It's bull and you know it. The argument extends into the vaccine thing too. With many posters.

Here is the facts right in front of you but it's never enough and you/they continue being obtuse. Let's see how you answer my latest question in my last post here.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Says the person who thinks vaccines cause diabetes. Guess what? You've been lied to.

Says the person who also thinks type 1 diabetes in children can be treated with exercise and diet and nothing more. Guess what? You've been lied to.

Oh the irony is sweet.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:53 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,879 times
I am trying to figure out why this thread was renamed "Vaccine Controversy".

Old 07-13-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It seems so. Lie and/or "just google it". The response I've gotten for simply saying, "I don't know" has been absurd and out of proportion. I don't make big decisions with limited information and that makes some people angry apparently. It's certainly strange.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I am trying to figure out why this thread was renamed "Vaccine Controversy".
I think they just decided to lump all active vaccine related threads together into one.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:54 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
I remember having chicken pox and it was not a big deal at all. In childhood it usually isn't. It's dangerous as people get older. Adults who have had chicken pox benefit from being exposed to children with chicken pox due to the immune boost that they gain which in turn help to suppress shingles outbreaks. Chicken pox vaccination is not routine everywhere.

You have to love people who can't understand science, impact, or probabilities.

Guess what Chicken pox girl. . .

1) you have no evidence and/or don't know the damage caused by chicken pox. Most likely you will get shingles or something painful when you get older

2) you are an n of 1. your experience is what we call, statistically insignificant. Chicken pox getting the disease versus the vaccine is like picking a lotto ticket that has 1 in 100 of seriously hurting you (Chicken pox) or a lottery ticket that has 1 in 100,000 of seriously hurting you (vaccine). Just because you didn't suffer an immediate impact of your decision, doesn't mean you made the right decision.

3) obviously you don't understand chickenpox. Shingles is caused by the reactivation of a dormant chicken pox virus from your childhood. If you vaccinate and never have chickenpox, you won't get shingles (though as you get older you should get the booster" The Link Between Chickenpox and Shingles

Where do you get your stuff. its like you say things are the opposite. Like. . you come on here saying "hey, water flows up from the lakes when it rains not down". Where do you get this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events