U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 04:53 PM

1,918 posts, read 1,090,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Like I said, call it whatever you like.
Like I said, I'm calling it what it is, not what I like.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:00 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,800,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Like I said, I'm calling it what it is, not what I like.

In your opinion, sure, and you are well entitled to it sir. I just happen to completely disagree with it, along with rational people and medical professionals everywhere. But good on you for speaking your mind.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:04 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,621,329 times
Quote:
=a long winded, drawn out justification for violence against innocent children.
Just stop. This is hugely offensive to children who have experienced actual violence.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Just stop. This is hugely offensive to children who have experienced actual violence.

Not to mention the "violence" experienced by an infant that catches measles because someone else's parents were too cool for school. Its also the reason why many pediatricians are now requiring kids to have full vaccinations or they will not be welcome at that particular office.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
So forcing injections with chemical filled needles on innocent children is not real violence? What is it, fake violence?

You really don't believe that forcefully taking a sharp object filled with potentially harmful chemicals and piercing the skin of an innocent child is violence?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:38 PM

29,635 posts, read 31,973,225 times
First of all, I don't actually believe this will become the law. It probably should but you know how that goes. Secondly, if it's really a problem for people, if they really think this is some sort of violence against their kids by the state, there are plenty of other states. Isn't that the usual snappy comeback when a state makes a law some people don't like? We all have plenty of freedom to make choices and do what we want, but nobody ever has or ever will get to do whatever they what whenever they want wherever they want.

As far as vaccines go, I believe in them totally. I also believe that alternative vaccination schedules should be available for people as long as the big-bads are covered by the time they get to school. It may not be AS GOOD but it's good enough IMO.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
So forcing injections with chemical filled needles on innocent children is not real violence? What is it, fake violence?

You really don't believe that forcefully taking a sharp object filled with potentially harmful chemicals and piercing the skin of an innocent child is violence?

I pictured this being written with this song playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LFCG7kOsxE

Old 04-26-2015, 05:46 PM

1,372 posts, read 762,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Children not vaccinated put others at risk. I don't have a problem with this..
But they don't though, because if vaccines truly work, they prevent that person from getting the disease. Therefore, the vaccinated people are safe no matter what the unvaccinated people choose to do.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
First of all, I don't actually believe this will become the law. It probably should but you know how that goes. Secondly, if it's really a problem for people, if they really think this is some sort of violence against their kids by the state, there are plenty of other states. Isn't that the usual snappy comeback when a state makes a law some people don't like? We all have plenty of freedom to make choices and do what we want, but nobody ever has or ever will get to do whatever they what whenever they want wherever they want.

As far as vaccines go, I believe in them totally. I also believe that alternative vaccination schedules should be available for people as long as the big-bads are covered by the time they get to school. It may not be AS GOOD but it's good enough IMO.
=another justification for violence against innocent children.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,010,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
It certainly makes it legal. Your grasping for straws aside, there is no controversy legally when it comes to requiring vaccinations. It is settled law. The most recent attempt to challenge such a law was shot down a few months ago in New York. The Supreme Court has refused to hear similar cases in the past.

If anything, we've seen even more reason to support vaccination since the original S.C. decisions, or when was the last time you met someone who had just gotten over a bout with polio or smallpox? In terms of saving lives and money in medical treatment, vaccines have been an astonishing success.

The precedent that courts have set is that it is in the public interest for people, particularly kids to be vaccinated and that kids shouldnt be martyrs for their parents cause. In custody battles, a refusal to vaccinate by one parent has been shown as cause to give full authority over medical treatment to the other.

The law is what it is, people are free to moan and stomp their feet, but at some point they'll have to just deal with it as I expect more states to follow California and end all exemptions for vaccination other than for medical reasons.
Pointing out the constitution and some of worst decisions known to humanity is " grasping at straws? Right. But you are right about one thing: straws are all that is left of freedom in the world because of these decisions you love so much. Today, you can't even let kids grow up without the government injecting them with things. Luckily, there are still some people out there still fighting to keep freedom alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or