U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:15 AM
 
12,528 posts, read 10,407,434 times
Reputation: 17286

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

No thanks.
Of course not. Because I used a logical comparison that proves you wrong.

Thought so.

 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:16 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,759,687 times
Reputation: 9631
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Of course not. Because I used a logical comparison that proves you wrong.

Thought so.
No. I just don't care to converse with you any longer. Bye!
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 790,655 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No. I just don't care to converse with you any longer. Bye!
How many want to wager that it's not "bye" and that she'll be back (just when the topic doesn't prove a logical inconsistency). I'm taking wagers that it's soon...
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM
 
12,528 posts, read 10,407,434 times
Reputation: 17286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No. I just don't care to converse with you. Bye!
Sure, THAT'S the reason.

Is that also why you ignore everyone else's questions that put you on the spot and prove you wrong by using logic? Because you don't want to converse with ME? Numerous posters now have asked many times what people like you would do if there was somehow an outbreak of smallpox - vaccinate or not? There has not been one answer. But I guess that's my fault.
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:24 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,759,687 times
Reputation: 9631
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
How many want to wager that it's not "bye" and that she'll be back (just when the topic doesn't prove a logical inconsistency). I'm taking wagers that it's soon...
Never said I was leaving the conversation. If I have something to say, I will say it. Just saying "bye" to a specific poster who's bullying got old.
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
 
12,528 posts, read 10,407,434 times
Reputation: 17286
^ Sorry I don't have the experience in bullying to know what it is, please excuse me. Perhaps if I do some outside research I'll know more, give me a few years.
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM
 
169 posts, read 118,846 times
Reputation: 97
Default Vaccine controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I have mixed views about this but all of my children have been vaccinated. For a very long time I've thought about how is it that I have two gay children? One boy and one girl (just recently discovered) both born in the 90's are gay. When my son was 3-4 he did show some female tendencies but my husband and I thought it was nothing and that he'd grow out of it especially since he has 2 older bros. My daughter was not allowed to date until she was 16, she went to prom her junior and senior years with the same guy. She really liked him too but I guess he didn't feel the same. They are still good friends and she had a very close male friend who is like a son to us but nothing there. About two years ago she confessed that she was still a virgin and we talked about getting her a promise ring. When it came time to buy it, she said that she didn't want one. This left me wondering why, she said that just didn't want one. I reassured her that she can talk to me or her dad about anything anytime. Fast forward, she is one conversation from confirming to my husband and I that she is definitely in love with a girl. She may be afraid because of the way I flipped out when I found out about my son. That has been several years ago and I've come to the conclusion that no matter what they are still my children and I love them unconditionally. What they do is between them and God.

I have a niece born in the 90's and is also gay or lesbian whatever...Since children are a product of their environment and none of them have been abused in any way, for the life of me I don't understand what happened. My theory is that something was put into those shots to control the population of this world. It just seems like there was a "boom" of LGBT with this generation. For the life of me it seems like there is a "gay" gene or something in those shots that has caused such "boom".

I have a friend who has a lot of kids and she home schooled them because she was totally against any vaccination. None of them are gay. Call me crazy but it doesn't make sense!
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:47 AM
 
12,528 posts, read 10,407,434 times
Reputation: 17286
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Z16 View Post
I have mixed views about this but all of my children have been vaccinated. For a very long time I've thought about how is it that I have two gay children? One boy and one girl (just recently discovered) both born in the 90's are gay. When my son was 3-4 he did show some female tendencies but my husband and I thought it was nothing and that he'd grow out of it especially since he has 2 older bros. My daughter was not allowed to date until she was 16, she went to prom her junior and senior years with the same guy. She really liked him too but I guess he didn't feel the same. They are still good friends and she had a very close male friend who is like a son to us but nothing there. About two years ago she confessed that she was still a virgin and we talked about getting her a promise ring. When it came time to buy it, she said that she didn't want one. This left me wondering why, she said that just didn't want one. I reassured her that she can talk to me or her dad about anything anytime. Fast forward, she is one conversation from confirming to my husband and I that she is definitely in love with a girl. She may be afraid because of the way I flipped out when I found out about my son. That has been several years ago and I've come to the conclusion that no matter what they are still my children and I love them unconditionally. What they do is between them and God.

I have a niece born in the 90's and is also gay or lesbian whatever...Since children are a product of their environment and none of them have been abused in any way, for the life of me I don't understand what happened. My theory is that something was put into those shots to control the population of this world. It just seems like there was a "boom" of LGBT with this generation. For the life of me it seems like there is a "gay" gene or something in those shots that has caused such "boom".

I have a friend who has a lot of kids and she home schooled them because she was totally against any vaccination. None of them are gay. Call me crazy but it doesn't make sense!
I seriously cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If yes - I like it.

If no - And people like me are the problem (you know who you are)?
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,643,419 times
Reputation: 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Sure, THAT'S the reason.

Is that also why you ignore everyone else's questions that put you on the spot and prove you wrong by using logic? Because you don't want to converse with ME? Numerous posters now have asked many times what people like you would do if there was somehow an outbreak of smallpox - vaccinate or not? There has not been one answer. But I guess that's my fault.
I'll answer. Would not vaccinate. Personally, that would be my choice.

"There are two clinical forms of smallpox. Variola major is the severe and most common form of smallpox, with a more extensive rash and higher fever. There are four types of variola major smallpox: ordinary (the most frequent type, accounting for 90% or more of cases); modified (mild and occurring in previously vaccinated persons); flat; and hemorrhagic (both rare and very severe). Historically, variola major has an overall fatality rate of about 30%; however, flat and hemorrhagic smallpox usually are fatal. Variola minor is a less common presentation of smallpox, and a much less severe disease, with death rates historically of 1% or less" CDC Smallpox | Smallpox Overview

So I have a 10% chance of getting other than ordinary smallpox and a rare chance of getting a fatal infection. 30% chance of death (assuming there is a complication).

So I get a fever and rash then it goes away? I'll take my chances.
 
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM
 
6,282 posts, read 3,542,220 times
Reputation: 7177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You have to love people who can't understand science, impact, or probabilities.


Guess what Chicken pox girl. . .


1) you have no evidence and/or don't know the damage caused by chicken pox. Most likely you will get shingles or something painful when you get older

2) you are an n of 1. your experience is what we call, statistically insignificant. Chicken pox getting the disease versus the vaccine is like picking a lotto ticket that has 1 in 100 of seriously hurting you (Chicken pox) or a lottery ticket that has 1 in 100,000 of seriously hurting you (vaccine). Just because you didn't suffer an immediate impact of your decision, doesn't mean you made the right decision.


3) obviously you don't understand chickenpox. Shingles is caused by the reactivation of a dormant chicken pox virus from your childhood. If you vaccinate and never have chickenpox, you won't get shingles (though as you get older you should get the booster" The Link Between Chickenpox and Shingles

Where do you get your stuff. its like you say things are the opposite. Like. . you come on here saying "hey, water flows up from the lakes when it rains not down". Where do you get this stuff?
The Shingles vaccination is really just a chicken pox "booster". Did you ever consider that an adult being around their own children, grandchildren, etc., who had chicken pox, also acted as a booster for shingles? Adults before were constantly getting boosters every time they came into contact with a child with the pox. Does not happen today because of the vaccination. One vaccine created the need for another.

I believe the rates for Shingles vaccinations is something like 20% for those over 50. Must be a whole lot of anti-vaxer old people. That is probably why Merck has all those commercials on TV pushing the horrors of shingles. They manufacture the vaccine. Advertising their product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top