U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:52 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,026 posts, read 6,456,644 times
Reputation: 10671

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
=a long winded, drawn out justification for violence against innocent children.
You're supposed to "just deal with" the tyranny.

 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:55 PM
 
1,996 posts, read 1,182,341 times
Reputation: 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You're supposed to "just deal with" the tyranny.
Right....or 'just move if you don't like it' (as if that somehow makes it ok).
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,274 posts, read 28,085,400 times
Reputation: 28732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm not asking you to or anyone else to get vaccinated. I'm not depending on you vaccinating to keep me "safe". If every single person on the planet stopped vaccinating tomorrow it would not bother me because I'm not depending on the "herd" for safety or for health.
Being in the herd is not something you get to choose. That is the whole point. If you live in proximity to people who choose to vaccinate, their decision to vaccinate protects you. It does not matter whether you "depend" on it or not.

Meanwhile, your refusal to vaccinate impairs herd immunity, which the rest of us do care about. You do not want to be called a "free rider", say you do not want to "depend" on the "herd", but demand to send your unvaccinated child into a school, where the kids who are spending most of their time do depend on the herd.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
 
1,996 posts, read 1,182,341 times
Reputation: 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Being in the herd is not something you get to choose. That is the whole point. If you live in proximity to people who choose to vaccinate, their decision to vaccinate protects you. It does not matter whether you "depend" on it or not.

Meanwhile, your refusal to vaccinate impairs herd immunity, which the rest of us do care about. You do not want to be called a "free rider", say you do not want to "depend" on the "herd", but demand to send your unvaccinated child into a school, where the kids who are spending most of their time do depend on the herd.
All of this is only true if vaccines aren't effective in the first place. Otherwise those that get vaccinated should have no problem whatsoever with those that don't.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
 
Location: California
30,513 posts, read 33,335,622 times
Reputation: 25987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
=another justification for violence against innocent children.
Are you here for a reason?

Vaccines are not violence against innocent children. The minute a child gets a preventable disease that can be spread to others they are no longer innocent.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:17 PM
 
1,996 posts, read 1,182,341 times
Reputation: 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Are you here for a reason?

Vaccines are not violence against innocent children. The minute a child gets a preventable disease that can be spread to others they are no longer innocent.
Vaccines themselves are not violent.

However, when you point a loaded gun at a parent and force them to take sharp needles filled with chemicals and inject innocent children with those chemicals (some of which cause autism), that is the very definition of violence.

Are you in favor of using violence against children?
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 PM
 
9,568 posts, read 5,766,215 times
Reputation: 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Being in the herd is not something you get to choose. That is the whole point. If you live in proximity to people who choose to vaccinate, their decision to vaccinate protects you. It does not matter whether you "depend" on it or not.
You are talking in circles at this point and missing the point.

Quote:
Meanwhile, your refusal to vaccinate impairs herd immunity, which the rest of us do care about. You do not want to be called a "free rider", say you do not want to "depend" on the "herd", but demand to send your unvaccinated child into a school, where the kids who are spending most of their time do depend on the herd.
I hate the term, "free rider" (a term that I have never heard of until today) because is a disingenuous and is being used to paint people with a broad and false brush. Public schools are meant to be open to all. We all pay taxes for them. I would think that those who are so afraid could choose to homeschool or choose to attend private school instead of kicking people out of school.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:23 PM
 
1,313 posts, read 1,692,057 times
Reputation: 1972
Arguing with kooks, loons and trolls will only drive you mad. I suggest everyone stop engaging them and just let this thread die.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:24 PM
 
Location: California
30,513 posts, read 33,335,622 times
Reputation: 25987
Quote:
However, when you point a loaded gun at a parent and force them to take
sharp needles filled with chemicals and inject innocent children with those
chemicals (some of which cause autism), that is the very definition of
violence.

Are you in favor of using violence against children?
People are always free to go live elsewhere, educate their kids elsewhere, and generally live their lives the way they want. Their rights do not always trump societies though. It's a fine line, some people don't get what they want when the bigger picture is more important than their individual preferences, but it's not VIOLENCE nor is a GUN TO A HEAD involved. It's more "I can't do whatever I want here".

So yes, I completely favor this sort of "violence against children". Most reasonable people do.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,937,060 times
Reputation: 6379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You are talking in circles at this point and missing the point.


I hate the term, "free rider" (a term that I have never heard of until today) because is a disingenuous and is being used to paint people with a broad and false brush. Public schools are meant to be open to all. We all pay taxes for them. I would think that those who are so afraid could choose to homeschool or choose to attend private school instead of kicking people out of school.

You say "pay taxes for them" as if doing so allows you unlimited rights to have your kid be in school. If your kid is disruptive, he'll get kicked out, regardless of your "taxes."

It has been recognized that these rights are not unlimited, not open ended and certainly can come with conditions. Requiring vaccination to attend a public school is not asking anything unusual or excessive of someone, its a very basic, straightforward standard that is accepted by the vast majority of people, has been found to be proper and legal by the courts and is simply a basic part of being a responsible citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top