U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 07:19 PM

8,542 posts, read 5,268,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
We know you really really like your fellow posters ("anti-public health?") but with respect she may be critical but there is nothing deep about a medical view based entirely on non-medical feelings. How much you respect her is (as you state) very far from the point.

If you only believe in choice, why are you so determined to attempt to sway people away from thousands of studies proving vaccine safety and efficacy in favour of granola theories and celebrity endorsements that have no basis in science (I'm not sure but I think that might be what "woo" means.)
Tiny boxes. Tiny minds.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:25 PM

1,170 posts, read 748,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The thing is, anyone who speaks out against vaccines or mandates is quickly and immediately labelled a quack or a fraud or disreputable. It doesn't matter what they accomplished prior. That's all it takes for their reputation to be ruined. That is how the industry can be sure to keep people from even listening to what they have to say. It's corrupt and pathetic.
Wakefield was fraudulent in his anti-vax research. You can't possibly say that's irrelevant? HE was corrupt and lost his license to practice medicine.

Catarina has dealt with any possible credibility that Kennedy had before or after.

Who else are you referring to who is highly accomplished and is anti-vax? I truly am interested.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Wakefield was fraudulent in his anti-vax research. You can't possibly say that's irrelevant? HE was corrupt and lost his license to practice medicine.

Catarina has dealt with any possible credibility that Kennedy had before or after.

Who else are you referring to who is highly accomplished and is anti-vax? I truly am interested.
You're the only one bringing up Wakefield.

It's, Katarina, not Catarina.

Sure you are.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You're the only one bringing up Wakefield.

It's, Katarina, not Catarina.

Sure you are.
Sorry Katarina - damn autocorrect!!

You've alleged that reputable people oppose vaccination and there is a conspiracy by people (I assume including me) to discredit them. I've asked you specifically to provide any support for that statement or information on who you are referring to.

At this point I'm not saying you are deliberately lying or attempting to mislead people, but if you won't provide support for very significant allegations then that would be a logical conclusion.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:

What is up with the Wakefield information? The study was about MMR and bowel issues in children. The study was conducted properly. Wakefield concluded that it would be better/safer to vaccinate with each one individually rather than in the MMR package. He never was anti-vaccination. He was never tried in a court of law for falsifying information. It was a study of bowel disease. It just so happened that some of the participants also had ASD symptoms.

The conclusion was to do more studies on vaccine safety and improvement. How is that fraud? Yet he lost his license because he was a scapegoat. How else were they going to get the study revoked?

Maybe you should do more of your own research rather than just believe what you hear from other uninformed people.

Dr Andrew Wakefield, The Lancet Study and My Two Boys – Isabella Thomas | Miss Eco Glam

Co-Author of Lancet MMR-Autism Study Exonerated on All Charges of Professional Misconduct - Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law & Advocacy

Old 07-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry Katarina - damn autocorrect!!

You've alleged that reputable people oppose vaccination and there is a conspiracy by people (I assume including me) to discredit them. I've asked you specifically to provide any support for that statement or information on who you are referring to.

At this point I'm not saying you are deliberately lying or attempting to mislead people, but if you won't provide support for very significant allegations then that would be a logical conclusion.
The catch 22 is that if you oppose vaccinations for whatever reason (logic or illogical) then you are automatically "discredited."

You have shown this in this thread many times.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The catch 22 is that if you oppose vaccinations for whatever reason (logic or illogical) then you are automatically "discredited."
Exactly.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:40 PM

The better question is... Would any physician prove that vaccines are safe and effective by signing this:
A Statement by the Physician I, (Physician's name).............................., do hereby state I have advised the parent(s) of (child's name) ...................... that in my professional opinion the child should be given (vaccine drug or other) ................................................ (Manufacturer's name) ................................................. (Serial number)..................(Batch number)...................
I have this day (Day) ........... (Month) .......... (Year) ........... administered this medication after advising the parents that the child is at little or no risk from the treatment. I hereby do agree that should the child at any time suffer or develop any permanent condition deleterious or injurious to their health as a result of this treatment then I will pay any and all costs relating to the care and treatment of this child for the rest of its natural life.
I further agree that if my earnings are insufficient to meet those costs I will sell my home, my business and all my material possessions to put the proceeds towards meeting those costs.
.......................... Signature of Physician
.......................... Occupational Position

.......................... Signature of Witness: Parent or Other
.......................... Name position of witness

Old 07-14-2015, 09:10 PM

84,989 posts, read 98,847,978 times
Quote:
What is up with the Wakefield information? The study was about MMR and bowel issues in children. The study was conducted properly. Wakefield concluded that it would be better/safer to vaccinate with each one individually rather than in the MMR package. He never was anti-vaccination. He was never tried in a court of law for falsifying information. It was a study of bowel disease. It just so happened that some of the participants also had ASD symptoms.

The conclusion was to do more studies on vaccine safety and improvement. How is that fraud? Yet he lost his license because he was a scapegoat. How else were they going to get the study revoked?

Maybe you should do more of your own research rather than just believe what you hear from other uninformed people.

Dr Andrew Wakefield, The Lancet Study and My Two Boys Isabella Thomas | Miss Eco Glam

Co-Author of Lancet MMR-Autism Study Exonerated on All Charges of Professional Misconduct - Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law & Advocacy
Are you serious? He got his medical license revoked. That is not done lightly. He's a fraud.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:

You have shown this in this thread many times.
I didn't discredit him (to be honest I truly can't believe any antivaxers are still defending him. But I guess you've got to stick with all you've got).

His research was a complete fraud. It was fixed, the data was made up, there was no basis for wide reaching statements and conclusions and he did it all for cash. His fraud led to the loss of his medical license.

When he's your best (well there is Jenny McCarthy and Ace Ventura) then you've got all the mixed nuts.

Yes they're discredited. They don't need any help from people who support the benefits of childhood vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or