U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 1,087,536 times
Reputation: 2042

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hmm, they are two different documents. You need a refresher course in US History.

.
This is rich. If anyone needs a refresher course, it's you! Your insinuation is that because the documents are separate, they contradict each other. That couldn't be further from the truth! The Constitution did not abolish The Declaration by any stretch. In fact, the constitution was based upon the declaration of independence.

Quote:
By the way, the Constitution provides the framework on which our laws are established. It does not in itself make laws.
Semantic argument. The Constitution clearly spells out some of our rights, which are not supposed to be able to be liened. Una-lien-able.


Quote:
You do not have to vaccinate, no one will make you do it unless there is an epidemic in which your not doing so threatens the well being of your child or the community as a whole.
Practically speaking, most people do have to vaccinate. The alternative is often to be homeless, which is no choice at all!
It should also be noted that the taxes to pay for the schools are procured at the point of a loaded gun as well.
Said another way, this is tyranny, not freedom.

 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:02 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 1,087,536 times
Reputation: 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please look up what a republic is before you use the word again.

While you are at it, look up communism. It is not what you think it is, either. Hint: look under economics.
It's exactly what I think it is. Have you read The Communist Manifesto, by Karl Marx?
Have you read Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand?
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,795,787 times
Reputation: 6371
[quote=dysgenic;39379655]
Quote:
This is rich. If anyone needs a refresher course, it's you! Your insinuation is that because the documents are separate, they contradict each other. That couldn't be further from the truth! The Constitution did not abolish The Declaration by any stretch. In fact, the constitution was based upon the declaration of independence.
Look, you've already shown you've got a poor understanding of this topic, why you insist on further compounding that is beyond me. The Declaration of Independence is not a binding legal document of any kind, you keep bringing it up as if its relevant to our legal system, it isn't, so stop peddling that nonsense already. If you had ever taken any basic civics class you would understand that the Declaration, while historical, has no binding impact on our laws today.




Quote:
Semantic argument. The Constitution clearly spells out some of our rights, which are not supposed to be able to be liened. Una-lien-able.
The Constitution says nothing about vaccination, but Article 3 does talk about the courts and the impact of their rulings, of which there has been many affirming the legality of requiring people to be responsible citizens and vaccinate accordingly.




Quote:

Practically speaking, most people do have to vaccinate. The alternative is often to be homeless, which is no choice at all!
It should also be noted that the taxes to pay for the schools are procured at the point of a loaded gun as well.
Said another way, this is tyranny, not freedom.
It's a choice. You don't have to vaccinate, work from home, don't take any jobs in the medical field, home school your kids, plenty of opportunities for the entrepreneurial soul to take advantage of.

Last edited by Juram; 04-26-2015 at 06:10 PM..
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,795,787 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
It's exactly what I think it is. Have you read The Communist Manifesto, by Karl Marx?
Have you read Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand?


I don't think anything is exactly what you think it is. You've made so many empty comments in this thread that I'm convinced that you are merely ranting just to pass the time. Nothing you've posted has had any basis in actual fact, reason or logic.


Its just been one random rant after another, using absurd hyperbole to bring across points that I don't think you even understand very well.


If you're going to try and act like you know what you're talking about on these various subjects, please, seriously, take the time to inform yourself, study up on microbiology, study on the principles of herd immunity and for goodness sakes please take some time to study basic civics and learn why the Declaration of Independence isn't nearly as relevant as you imagine it to be.


If you can actual speak with authority on these subjects instead not silly rants about "violence against children", it would be far more productive and perhaps we would all learn something from each other rather than having to correct you continually.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 PM
 
Location: California
29,613 posts, read 31,923,958 times
Reputation: 24741
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If you support mandatory vaccines without exemptions for school entry then it is a matter of all or nothing with no exceptions. At some point vaccines that you may not agree with may end up on the schedule and you'll have no way to opt out. Many people are very pro vaccine for most vaccines but may not like the flu vaccine or the Gardasil vaccine. At some point these people who are ok with mandating all of the other vaccines will find themselves being forced to comply with getting the flu vaccine and the Gardasil vaccine as well when they get added to the list of vaccines that are required for school entry. That list has changed over time and will continue to change in the future. Maybe someday there will be something on the list that you don't agree with but you'll have to get it anyway. This sets a dangerous precedent.
I rarely support anything 100% without exemption, no exceptions. Only idiots do that. It's like ZERO TOLERANCE.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:14 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 1,087,536 times
Reputation: 2042
[quote=Juram;39379737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post


Look, you've already shown you've got a poor understanding of this topic, why you insist on further compounding that is beyond me.
This is an ad hominem attack.

Quote:
The Declaration of Independence is not a binding legal document of any kind, you keep bringing it up as if its relevant to our legal system, it isn't, so stop peddling that nonsense already. If you had ever taken any basic civics class you would understand that the Declaration, while historical, has no binding impact on our laws today.
The whole country is based upon the Declaration of Independence. Of course it has an impact on our laws.






Quote:
The Constitution says nothing about vaccination, but Article 3 does talk about the courts and the impact of their rulings, of which there has been many affirming the legality of requiring people to be responsible citizens and vaccinate accordingly.
C'mon, now. Read the Constitution and then tell me with a straight faced that the violent coercion of parents to inject their children with chemicals by needle reconciles in anyway with it.
(talk about quoting out of context)







Quote:
It's a choice. You don't have to vaccinate, work from home, don't take any jobs in the medical field, home school your kids, plenty of opportunities for the entrepreneurial conspiracy theorist to take advantage of.

1. No, it's not a choice- at least for most people. Most people can't afford to homeschool their children so your 'choice' is no choice at all.
2. There is no choice whatsoever to pay for the school system via taxes.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,501 posts, read 26,116,900 times
Reputation: 26477
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
This is rich. If anyone needs a refresher course, it's you! Your insinuation is that because the documents are separate, they contradict each other. That couldn't be further from the truth! The Constitution did not abolish The Declaration by any stretch. In fact, the constitution was based upon the declaration of independence.
No, dear heart. The Declaration of Independence severed the colonial relationship with Britain. The Constitution laid the foundation for our government. The Constitution was preceded by the Articles of Confederation.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution#!/introessays/2


Quote:
The Constitution clearly spells out some of our rights, which are not supposed to be able to be liened. Una-lien-able.
The Constitution does indeed spell out our rights.

The word is inalienable:

Inalienable | Define Inalienable at Dictionary.com


Quote:
Practically speaking, most people do have to vaccinate. The alternative is often to be homeless, which is no choice at all!
It should also be noted that the taxes to pay for the schools are procured at the point of a loaded gun as well.
Said another way, this is tyranny, not freedom.
What has vaccination got to do with being homeless?

My school taxes are paid when I send in the check for my property taxes. No guns involved. I pay them as part of my responsibility as a citizen of my community. The amount of the tax is determined by my local school board, which consists of people I have helped to elect.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 1,087,536 times
Reputation: 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I don't think anything is exactly what you think it is. You've made so many empty comments in this thread that I'm convinced that you are merely ranting just to pass the time. Nothing you've posted has had any basis in actual fact, reason or logic.


Its just been one random rant after another, using absurd hyperbole to bring across points that I don't think you even understand very well.


If you're going to try and act like you know what you're talking about on these various subjects, please, seriously, take the time to inform yourself, study up on microbiology, study on the principles of herd immunity and for goodness sakes please take some time to study basic civics and learn why the Declaration of Independence isn't nearly as relevant as you imagine it to be.


If you can actual speak with authority on these subjects instead not silly rants about "violence against children", it would be far more productive and perhaps we would all learn something from each other rather than having to correct you continually.
=one long ad hominem attack.
It's really hard to take anything you say seriously with your continued obfuscation and unfounded allegations.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
 
8,542 posts, read 5,266,553 times
Reputation: 9105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I rarely support anything 100% without exemption, no exceptions. Only idiots do that. It's like ZERO TOLERANCE.

I assume you don't support this type of legislation then.
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:24 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 1,087,536 times
Reputation: 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, dear heart. The Declaration of Independence severed the colonial relationship with Britain. The Constitution laid the foundation for our government. The Constitution was preceded by the Articles of Confederation.

Guide to the Constitution

.
Please show me where The Constitution and Declaration of Independence contradict each other. Your entire claim is a cleverly framed lawyers argument intended to make it look as if things are different than they really are.


Quote:
The word is inalienable:

Inalienable | Define Inalienable at Dictionary.com
And the fact that you don't know the difference is very telling. I'd encourage anyone reading this thread at this time to put in the time to learn the difference.

Quote:
What has vaccination got to do with being homeless?
Nothing. The point is that if violence is used to force parents into injecting their innocent children with chemicals by needle, most do not have the practical option of pulling their kids out of school as a countermeasure. And of course, no one has the option of opting out of paying for the school system in the first place.


Quote:
My school taxes are paid when I send in the check for my property taxes. No guns involved. I pay them as part of my responsibility as a citizen of my community. The amount of the tax is determined by my local school board, which consists of people I have helped to elect
In other words, you support violence of this type as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top