Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 03:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I know it's harder to communicate feelings and intentions when posting but she didn't state an opinion... she asked a question (hence the question mark).

Why would they? It's hard enough to get money for a REAL adverse reaction... trying to somehow scam the system would be a waste of energy. IMO

BTW - Why the name change?
Yes, she asked why anyone would falsely report a "loved one's" death to VAERS, as if everyone were as honest as the day is long and no one would do so. I am entitled to my interpretation of the post as such. People have reported all sorts of deaths they had to know weren't due to vaccines, e.g. deaths due to gunshot wounds, (sadly) suicides, falling in a well, deaths due to auto accidents, etc. The hucksters will always be with us.

Why do you care why I changed my name? It wasn't to defraud.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:49 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times
Quote:
There's a difference between quarantine and forced medical procedures. You are talking apples and oranges here. If she wants to die in quarantine and refuses medical intervention then she has the right to.

From Jacobson vs Massachusetts. Can you be forcibly held down and injected, no. Can you be fined and imprisoned as a result of your refusal, absolutely.

Quote:

The fact that the belief is not universal is not controlling, for there is scarcely any kind of belief that is accepted by everyone. The possibility that the belief may be wrong, and that science may yet show it to be wrong, is not conclusive; for the legislature has the right to pass laws which, according to the common belief of the people, are adapted to prevent the spread of contagious diseases. . . . While we do not decide, and cannot decide, that vaccination is a preventive of smallpox, we take judicial notice of the fact that this is the common belief of the people of the State, and with this fact as a foundation, we hold that the statute in question is a health law, enacted in a reasonable and proper exercise of the police power.

Quote:
We are not prepared to hold that a minority, residing or remaining in any city or town where smallpox is prevalent, and enjoying the general protection afforded by an organized local government, may thus defy the will of its constituted authorities, acting in good faith for all, under the legislative sanction of the State. If such be the privilege of a minority, then a like privilege would belong to each individual of the community, and the spectacle would be presented of the welfare and safety of an entire population being subordinated to the notions of a single individual who chooses to remain a part of that population.

Quote:
The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

Quote:
It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine

Old 07-15-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Very odd. Outbreak in Disneyland produced no deaths whatsoever. It's just measles.

yet we want another holocaust where people are forced to accept vaccines and only their doctor can stop it under very narrow guidelines. Fascism is here, and just like the Holocaust, people are screaming for more of it. Then when they realize this big brother thing has gone too far, it will be too late.
What can you do? Not much
Just noticed that word in bold when this post was quoted. Cred over. It's disrespectful to those who went through the real Holocaust to say this. Many people of the Jewish faith have said so. Even the anti-vax guru Bobby Kennedy got in trouble for using that word. Some AVs just think it's so cute to compare IZs to the most horrific episode of depravity ever. Done, Outdoorsy!

Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Just noticed that word in bold when this post was quoted. Cred over. It's disrespectful to those who went through the real Holocaust to say this. Many people of the Jewish faith have said so. Even the anti-vax guru Bobby Kennedy got in trouble for using that word. Some AVs just think it's so cute to compare IZs to the most horrific episode of depravity ever. Done, Outdoorsy!

Its a handy loon detector, anytime I see someone compare something ridiculously to the Holocaust, it becomes immediately clear that they are a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

If someone is really so ignorant as to compare millions of people being herded like cattle into concentration camps and gassed to death to a measure that has saved millions of lives around the world, the only thing left to say is to advise them to wear a helmet when they go out so they don't hurt themselves.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
The thread is closed so all I can post is a link: http://www.city-data.com/forum/37966597-post518.html You should probably read a few posts up, too.
I didn't say what you claim I did then in that post. Clearly not the same.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Yes, she asked why anyone would falsely report a "loved one's" death to VAERS, as if everyone were as honest as the day is long and no one would do so. I am entitled to my interpretation of the post as such. People have reported all sorts of deaths they had to know weren't due to vaccines, e.g. deaths due to gunshot wounds, (sadly) suicides, falling in a well, deaths due to auto accidents, etc. The hucksters will always be with us.

And your interpretation was different from what was said.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
No one said it wasn't a flawed reporting system. It is and is that way for a reason. Why would you think those reports are made by anti-vaxxers? Her theory that it is pro-vaxxers adding it is more plausible but of course it could just be random people who don't know what VAERS is for.

You are welcome to your "interpretation" but when the original poster says that was not the intent... it wasn't the intent and your interpretation is wrong.
Quote:
Just curious because they are so different from each other... when did I bring up fraud? Is this like the kid gets caught by bringing up the crime first? LOL (btw you can interpret that last statement as a joke because that was the intent.)

Old 07-15-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
No one said it wasn't a flawed reporting system. It is and is that way for a reason. Why would you think those reports are made by anti-vaxxers? Her theory that it is pro-vaxxers adding it is more plausible but of course it could just be random people who don't know what VAERS is for.

You are welcome to your "interpretation" but when the original poster says that was not the intent... it wasn't the intent and your interpretation is wrong.

Just curious because they are so different from each other... when did I bring up fraud? Is this like the kid gets caught by bringing up the crime first? LOL (btw you can interpret that last statement as a joke because that was the intent.)
Joke my derriere!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Going back to what started this thread in the first place, in the end, all the jawing from the anti-vaxxer folks is going to be for naught. The law in California, will stand, even if enough signatures are acquired to force a referendum, the law has over 70% approval in the state. It will be upheld.

Going forward, more State Legislatures are now emboldened to simply ignore the anti-vax lobby and proceed to protect the majority of their constituents. You'll see an outcry for laws just like the one in California the next time we see another outbreak of measles or other vaccine-preventable diseases and its not an "if", but a "when" considering that that in some area's, you have less than a 50% overall vaccination rate.

When the world doesn't end in California, when kids are regularly being vaccinated to go to school and they don't start sprouting third and fourth arms, it will make laws like it more palatable in many other places. We've already seen that West Virginia and Mississippi who have had tough vaccination programs in place for a long time, haven't suffered any fallout from it.

In California people will gripe and moan and stomp their feet and over time, the vast majority of them other than the truly hardcore people, will get over it, move on and find a new cause celebre.

Quote:
Abolishing the religion and personal exemption is popular in every region, not just the West. In every region 60% or more of the public support a law like California's.
Much of the opposition to vaccination rests on the conclusively debunked idea that childhood vaccines, most notably the MMR vaccine, can cause autism. 17% of Americans believe that early childhood vaccinations can cause autism while 58% do not. Despite the ongoing controversy and the new laws, people are not less likely to believe that there may be a connection between autism and vaccination. In January of this year 13% of Americans thought that autism may be a result of vaccination.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:16 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Joke my derriere!
Actually it was a joke. I don't know why someone would change their name for fraud on a forum. Seems like it would be easier just to create another account. So it really was just a joke. Lighten up sister!

Most people I have talked to who changed their username had a story to go with it so I was curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events