U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 08:35 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,939,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You read way too many pro vaccine propaganda blogs.

There are "pro vaccine blogs?" You mean like the CDC, WHO and American Academy of Pediatrics websites?

What you call being "pro vaccine" is just common sense to rational people who believe in the scientific process and medical science more than they believe the insight of random celebrities.

There isn't some grand conspiracy to trick people into harming themselves or their kids. The sides are simply trusting what mountains of scientic studies and decades of data have shown or believing in crackpot conspiracy theories grounded in emotionally driven rhetoric.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,308,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
If you read the entire thread before posting you would know the answer to this. There are babies too young to be vaccinated and others who have medical contraindications. No vaccine is 100% effective, so a small number of vaccinated people are still susceptible.
Thank you suzy

I am suffering with an auto-immune disease which I think was brought on by all the poision in these things I have had when I was younger and didnt realise what I was doing to myself!!!!!

VACCINES ARE ONLY GOOD FOR SHORT TERM GAIN!!!!

Please read this suzy: www.smartvax.com?option=com_content&id=102

Old 04-26-2015, 08:56 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,442,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I can't say that i'd be in favor of forcing parents to inject their children with something the government wants them to inject into their children. Sounds Third Reich-ish.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 PM

9,580 posts, read 5,776,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
There are "pro vaccine blogs?" You mean like the CDC, WHO and American Academy of Pediatrics websites?

What you call being "pro vaccine" is just common sense to rational people who believe in the scientific process and medical science more than they believe the insight of random celebrities.

There isn't some grand conspiracy to trick people into harming themselves or their kids. The sides are simply trusting what mountains of scientic studies and decades of data have shown or believing in crackpot conspiracy theories grounded in emotionally driven rhetoric.
No, I don't mean the CDC or WHO or the AAP. Pro vaccine propaganda blogs are ones that Suzy frequently references in these conversations. A couple of common ones are Respectful Insolence and Skeptical Raptor. They rely on emotion, inflammatory language, lies, ad homien attacks, etc. to make their points.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:27 PM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
You read way too many pro vaccine propaganda blogs.
Yeah, I read blogs. Like this one, which is the best summary rebuttal of every anti-vax woo argument I have seen anywhere. The author is a physician:

Myths That Keep People From Vaccinating Their Kids

Of course, I read actual primary sources, too, like journal articles. I read the CDC and state health department info and talk to doctors about the subject.

Quote:
No, I don't mean the CDC or WHO or the AAP. Pro vaccine propaganda blogs are ones that Suzy frequently references in these conversations. A couple of common ones are Respectful Insolence and Skeptical Raptor. They rely on emotion, inflammatory language, lies, ad homien attacks, etc. to make their points.
Sure those guys get emotional. They are scientists who are just fed up with all the anti-vax pseudoscience nonsense. Please note that I have not cited either of those in this thread. However, perhaps now would be a good time to do so. This author is an attorney:

California SB 277 vaccine bill protects children

From a surgeon/scientist:

A highly misguided concern about California SB 277 and cracking down on nonmedical vaccine exemptions Respectful Insolence

The blogs I cite are suspect, I guess, but all the "my child took a vaccine and this happened" blogs are OK.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-26-2015 at 10:03 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 09:51 PM

9,580 posts, read 5,776,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yeah, I read blogs. Like this one, which is the best summary rebuttal of anti-vax woo I have seen anywhere. The author is a physician:

Myths That Keep People From Vaccinating Their Kids

Of course, I read actual primary sources, too, like journal articles.
Yes thank you for providing an example. The article tries to put everyone who does not vaccinate into a tiny little box, stereotype them and pretend to know what their reasons for choosing not to vaccinate are. It's very disingenuous. It serves to divide and make pro-vaxxers feel superior.

I don't post links to "anti-vax woo" sites. I mostly read primary sources.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:14 PM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I am suffering with an auto-immune disease which I think was brought on by all the poision in these things I have had when I was younger and didnt realise what I was doing to myself!!!!!
"I think"? What scientific evidence do you have that your condition was caused by a vaccine?

Quote:
Yes thank you for providing an example. The article tries to put everyone who does not vaccinate into a tiny little box, stereotype them and pretend to know what their reasons for choosing not to vaccinate are. It's very disingenuous. It serves to divide and make pro-vaxxers feel superior.

I don't post links to "anti-vax woo" sites. I mostly read primary sources.
The article addresses every anti-vaccine meme, many of which we have seen in this very thread, with multiple links to the evidence rebutting them. Do you have any evidence that contradicts anything the author says?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:26 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,939,712 times
Quote:
Yes thank you for providing an example. The article tries to put everyone who does not vaccinate into a tiny little box, stereotype them and pretend to know what their reasons for choosing not to vaccinate are. .

It lists every single objection that someone could have to vaccination and addresses them individually. If you can find reasons for not vaccinating that arent addressed there, I'd love to hear them.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,308,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
"I think"? What scientific evidence do you have that your condition was caused by a vaccine?
I dont Suzy but all the research i have done tells me it is!!!!!! (Did you read the link I offered you??)

Old 04-27-2015, 02:33 AM

10,506 posts, read 8,716,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
So the Constitution is valid, but not the Declaration of Independence that the Constitution is based on?
The Constitution of the US is not based on the Declaration of Independence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or