U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-16-2015, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,797,474 times
Reputation: 6371

Advertisements

[quote=cremebrulee;40433747]well I'm sorry but when you say California, to me your talking about a whole lot of illegals who just don't care....plus those kids are coming into this country with disease, so America has put this on herself.


Those "illegals that don't care" are typically better vaccinated than your average American. Vaccination rates across Central America are overwhelmingly high. People in Mexico tend to trust their doctors a whole lot more and you don't have a major anti-vaccination movement outside of some of the wealthier metropolitan areas.


Quote:
you can't depend on anyone else to take care of you,the only person you can depend on is yourself....
and that is bottom line...if the government refuses to enforce our immigration laws, how the hell do they expect people to adhere to vaccine laws.
They don't have to adhere to the law, they can just keep their kids out of school and home-school them.


Quote:
Absolutely, no one is disputing that...but don't penalize people for what is happening with illegals....sorry but they are bringing in most of these problems, as was the so called outbreak in Florida, they said, it was people from other countries...however, I thought if they came in from other countries, they had to legally be vaccinated? Or were they illegals to? Plus, Florida is a huge hub for illegals.
You keep making this claim and as far as vaccine-preventable diseases go,there is nothing to support it. When people are caught crossing, often they've got their immunization records with them. The rate of vaccination in Mexico is roughly about 96%, in some parts of the U.S. it is well below 50%.



In recent outbreaks of measles and other diseases, it wasn't "illegals" bringing these diseases in but unvaccinated Americans who went on vacation to a place like the Philippines where measles is endemic and then came back home and spread it to other unvaccinated(by choice or medical necessity) in their respective in communities.



Quote:
The 2014 outbreak was traced to the Philippines, specifically from members of the Amish community in Ohio who had traveled there as missionaries; the community had halted routine vaccinations many years ago after a baby was suspected of getting ill from a shot. In 2014, the Philippines had a measles outbreak, with some 50,000 cases. After the church group came back from the trip, the disease “spread like wildfire” through the community.


http://www.vox.com/2015/1/29/7929791...-outbreak-2014

 
Old 07-16-2015, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,797,474 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
now tell me, how many of those kids are illegals?

Vaccination Rates Nationwide


United States: 92 percent

Mexico: 95

El Salvador: 92

Guatemala: 93

Honduras: 98








I know you're really worked up about the immigration issue but you're beating a dead horse, there's no evidence that kids who are often better vaccinated than American kids are responsible for the rise in measles, whooping cough and other vaccine-preventable diseases that we are seeing.
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM
 
Location: The analog world
15,688 posts, read 8,775,979 times
Reputation: 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well I'm sorry but when you say California, to me your talking about a whole lot of illegals who just don't care....plus those kids are coming into this country with disease, so America has put this on herself.
Wrong. She's talking about my former neighbors in Sonoma and Marin county. Lots of money and education but not a whole lot of common sense. Made my kids' pediatrician and the administration at their private school absolutely nuts!
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
 
25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Vaccination Rates Nationwide


United States: 92 percent

Mexico: 95

El Salvador: 92

Guatemala: 93

Honduras: 98








I know you're really worked up about the immigration issue but you're beating a dead horse, there's no evidence that kids who are often better vaccinated than American kids are responsible for the rise in measles, whooping cough and other vaccine-preventable diseases that we are seeing.

sorry but your wrong...those kids are all coming from other countries and do not have any vaccinations...
that is why they set up camps for them...however, we hear nothing more about them and they are now in our schools....
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:05 AM
 
25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wrong. She's talking about my former neighbors in Sonoma and Marin county. Lots of money and education but not a whole lot of common sense. Made my kids' pediatrician and the administration at their private school absolutely nuts!
RIGHT!!! Sorry but the amount of illegal children in this country is just insane....and they don't have their shots....
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,797,474 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wrong. She's talking about my former neighbors in Sonoma and Marin county. Lots of money and education but not a whole lot of common sense. Made my kids' pediatrician and the administration at their private school absolutely nuts!


Yep, I lived in Marin and Napa county, I'm very familiar with the type.
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 AM
 
Location: The analog world
15,688 posts, read 8,775,979 times
Reputation: 21068
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
RIGHT!!! Sorry but the amount of illegal children in this country is just insane....and they don't have their shots....
I'm not kidding! You should look up the absolutely abysmal vaccination rates in the wealthy enclaves of Sonoma & Marin counties. It's mind-boggling. I used to hang out with these women, and they're anti-vax to the nth degree. It's crazy-making for school administrators and local pediatricians.
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,401 posts, read 9,555,754 times
Reputation: 7421
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Yea I try to avoid vaccine debates because it's always the same arguments on both sides and opinions rarely change.

However, comparing the Holocaust to this I couldn't just scroll past.
An Atheist believes the president looses credibility because he blesses the United States in name of a God in the sky or heavens that blesses and protects us all from an evil angel named Satan who is responsible for bad events.
It's ironic that you believe you have the skills and ethics to judge what opinions you find valid or not. I think it's relative, and quite frankly a belief you're simple not accustomed to. It's validity doesn't depend on how many times you've heard it, or how strange it sounds to you that someone would believe this. Everyone has the right to their belief, or opinions and what they hold as truth for themselves regardless.

There are people in very respected positions that believe far more invalidated ideals than this one. They hold most high office positions in this country. I doubt you can provide any proof to confirm their beliefs.

They still expect respect and I find it rude to disrespect ones opinion just because you don't think the argument fits your understanding when you most certainly apply that understanding and respect to similar invalid beliefs.
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:16 AM
 
25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm not kidding! You should look up the absolutely abysmal vaccination rates in the wealthy enclaves of Sonoma & Marin counties. It's mind-boggling. I used to hang out with these women, and they're anti-vax to the nth degree. It's crazy-making for school administrators and local pediatricians.
Honestly, I'm not doubting you, and I believe your telling the truth, but what I'm saying is, the number of illegals way outnumber U.S. Citizens you know....that are not vaccinated....there are way more illegals that are not....

actually, what are the chances a kid that is vaccinated for chicken pox gets chicken pox, whopping cough, and measels?
Sorry I can't spell worth a darn....
 
Old 07-16-2015, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,797,474 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
sorry but your wrong...those kids are all coming from other countries and do not have any vaccinations...
that is why they set up camps for them...however, we hear nothing more about them and they are now in our schools....

Insisting that someone is wrong without providing the slightest shred of proof is the equivalent of stomping your feet.

I know you'd like to point the finger at illegals but is just isn't the case. In the vast majority of recent measles outbreaks, they were linked to unvaccinated Americans that went overseas and brought the disease back with them.


Quote:

However, Mexico had zero cases of measles in 2013 and only 2 confirmed cases in 2014. They also have a vaccine rate for measles that is as good or better than ours in no small part because their vaccine policy is universal, free, and mandatory. In fact more than 100 countries worldwide do a much better job at vaccinating their children than we do, including many in Central and South America. The probability that the disease originated there from either a legal or illegal immigrant and was imported here is low.Instead, to understand the resurgence of vaccine preventable diseases in the U.S., we need to look closer to home. Unlike Mexico, the U.S. does not have a federal mandate for vaccines. Although all 50 states require up-to-date vaccines for all children entering school, all but Mississippi and West Virginia permit nonmedical exemptions.

Stop Blaming Illegal Immigrants For the Measles Outbreak*|*Cynthia Leifer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top