Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Exposing healthy people to weakened disease organisms to confer some kind of 'herd immunity' is akin to using leeches in the 12th Century.

lol.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,861 times
Have you got a better idea angelenogirl? Don't tell me a few hundred thousand unvaccinated people threaten to undermine the almighty Ameircan Herd of Immunized Humans. Millions of people are vaccinated. Unvaccinated people do not go crazy when they get ill. Vaccinated people do. I would too. But I wouldn't blame unvaccinated people for my illness. If you get a flu shot and get the flu does it make sense to blame your unvaccinated co-workers or the lousy clinic that sold you junk? Blaming the unvaccinated for disease outbreaks is kind of like blaming injuries from a faulty airbag on a gas station attendant who improperly inflated your tires.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Get sick on purpose like God intended? Seriously?

OK, polio party at my house this weekend! Pot luck style (botulism welcome).

You don't know about that Billy Graham Philosophy of Healthcare.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Have you got a better idea?

I just find your comments very amusing.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dont Suzy but all the research i have done tells me it is!!!!!! (Did you read the link I offered you??)
Yes, I read the link, and most of the articles listed have been superseded by more recent research. The body of evidence to this point is that vaccines do not cause auto immune disease, with perhaps two exceptions: Guillain Barre syndrome and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, both of which can be triggered by actual infections. Vaccines do not cause MS or diabetes.

http://image.thelancet.com/extras/02art9340web.pdf

CDC - Hepatitis B and Multiple Sclerosis ( MS) - Vaccine Safety

Childhood Vaccinations, Vaccination Timing, and Risk of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus

Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,053,703 times
Quote:
Have you got a better idea angelenogirl? Don't tell me a few hundred thousand unvaccinated people threaten to undermine the almighty Ameircan Herd of Immunized Humans. Millions of people are vaccinated. Unvaccinated people do not go crazy when they get ill. Vaccinated people do. I would too. But I wouldn't blame unvaccinated people for my illness. If you get a flu shot and get the flu does it make sense to blame your unvaccinated co-workers or the lousy clinic that sold you junk? Blaming the unvaccinated for disease outbreaks is kind of like blaming injuries from a faulty airbag on a gas station attendant who improperly inflated your tires.
I just don't even know where to begin with this.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:41 AM

The incredible power of the measles vaccine, in 3 graphics - The Washington Post

Quote:
You can see that the incidence of measles fell sharply after the vaccine was introduced in 1963, only 50 years ago. As the vaccine did its work, the incidence of measles dropped to zero by the end of the century. (The left-hand axis is graphed as a base 10 log, a common technique that statisticians use to bring in spread-out values and illuminate a trend.)

Quote:

Without vaccinations, each measles case will infect 12 to 18 other people on average every 10 to 14 days. You can see how quickly the disease spreads from the first generation (Patient Zero) to 12 to 18 people in the second generation, 144-324 people in the third generation, and 1728-5832 people in the fourth generation. That adds up to more than 6,000 infections, all within 40 days. In a country with substandard healthcare and malnutrition, up to 28 percent of those infected will die.
Now contrast that with a country with full vaccination: In that scenario the disease would spread to 0.8 people every 10 to 14 days, and less than .3 percent will die. In a country like the United States, where most people have been vaccinated but pockets have not, the disease would spread to 1.1 to 2 people every 10-14 days and less than .3 percent would die.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:44 AM

Another extensive recent study that has found no link between MMR vaccination and autism.

New study finds no link between measles vaccination, autism | www.ajc.com

Quote:
A new study of close to 100,000 children shows no link between the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine and an increased risk of autism.
Researchers analyzed health insurance claims covering 95,727 children who had received either zero, one or the recommended two doses of MMR vaccine over an 11-year period since 2001.
The study found no harmful association between the receipt of the MMR vaccine and the development of an autism spectrum disorder.

“This was true even among those children who were at an increased risk of having autism spectrum disorders by virtue of having an older sibling with ASD,” said Dr. Anjali Jain. (Video via
The Journal of the American Medical Association)
Quote:

“Of those 80 or so children that they could determine what the status was, they found that 70 percent of those kids had not been vaccinated at all,” said The Wall Street Journal’s Jeanne Whalen.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:44 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,996 times
Nice graph. It clearly shows that once the measles vaccine was introduced the number of measles cases decreased.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
Nice graph. It clearly shows that once the measles vaccine was introduced the number of measles cases decreased.

Who needs a vaccine anyways, we should have just let these kids get infected, with 1-2 out of every 1,000 dying, and many others winding up with deafness, vision problems and other lifelong side-effects, its the far preferable alternative to trusting the Illuminati to violently inject our kids with their evil death serums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events