U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 07:56 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,938,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
*I wanted to add, the reason I warned him was because my brother passed away from complications due to NSAIDS he was on for a chronic back injury. So yes, I had a family member that died because of it. It was very sad, but later it became a useful experience none the less.
I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Your example is another reason why I think the choice to use any med/drug/vaccine that's injected into our body should be the sole choice of the individual, with no strings attached like the CA law does, ie can't attend public schools with no vaccines. Human makeup is just too complex/unique in certain cases for one size fits all.

Now back to that mystical word that gets thrown around a lot here by some, "SCIENCE!!"

Can Drug Clinical Trials Be Trusted?

"Another article in The Journal of the American Medical Association suggests that clinical-trial and review articles about Vioxx often were written by company-hired ghostwriters and later signed by researchers who had little to do with the actual study or review.

Don't scapegoat Merck -- other pharmaceutical companies do the same thing, suggest Catherine D. DeAngelis, MD, MPH, and Phil B. Fontanarosa, MD, MBA. DeAngelis is editor-in-chief of The Journal of the American Medical Association; Fontanarosa is the executive deputy editor.

"Make no mistake -- the manipulation of study results, authors, editors, and reviewers is not the sole purview of one company," they write in a scathing editorial."

But it's all about science! some posters proclaim, over and over again on everything/anything medical. If it's published as science in written word, it must be right. Hint.....read the above bold statement again, published in the JAMA. A respected medical journal I would say, yes?

Perhaps the question should become......exactly who's science?

And back to the basic belief some of us have.....if you think the science is perfect about a vaccine/drug/procedure, go for it! Some of us aren't that accepting on taking certain things in life labeled as "Science!" at face value, for reasons mentioned by respected groups like JAMA, as bolded above.

But again, a wink is as good as a nod.....

Well, back to my rose colored glasses and to the cry of the non-thinking herd......science!....and as long as it's published in a science like way with scientific wording and pretty graphs, it must be right...it just has to be!!!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:16 PM

1,170 posts, read 796,948 times
Millions of vaccines, exponential drop in preventable diseases, less than one in a million severe adverse reactions to those vaccines. How about vaccines work because, in real life, real people they work?

Oh, and over a thousand peer reviewed studies.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:30 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,955,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
It just got my attention because I am currently reading Laurie Garrett's "I Heard the Sirens Scream", a book about what happened in New York during and after 9/11 and what happened during the anthrax scare. By sheer coincidence, I am just at the part where the media is reporting the cases of anthrax and people are making a run on Cipro. Know what was really interesting about that anthrax scare and Cipro? It turns out the anthrax could have been treated with generic penicillin or doxycycline, which were cheaper and had fewer side effects.

Cipro is pretty standard as a treatment, when I deployed to Iraq, along with a NAAK kit,I was given a Costco-sized bag of Cipro.....it came in beautifully when we all came down with cholera.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,684,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Cipro is pretty standard as a treatment, when I deployed to Iraq, along with a NAAK kit,I was given a Costco-sized bag of Cipro.....it came in beautifully when we all came down with cholera.
Cholera can be treated with fluids and nutrition. There is also a vaccine for it... did you not get the vaccine?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:51 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,900,404 times
The cholera vaccine is not routinely administered to military personnel. It is administered only to those being deployed or traveling to countries that require it as a condition for entry or upon direction of the Surgeon General. Cipro is a somewhat effective treatment for cholera, although azithromycin is more effective.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 PM

1,214 posts, read 469,161 times
Wait. I missed something. Now, exactly who is trying to find ways to slip toxins into my brain? And to what purpose?

Last edited by leebeemi; 07-16-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 PM

26,591 posts, read 52,403,400 times
Love the simpler times and the antique car image...

My first car and one I still own today is a Model A Ford... bought it at age 13 with money I earned... some of us are just throwbacks... doesn't make our voices any less important.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:18 PM

1,214 posts, read 469,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Cholera can be treated with fluids and nutrition. There is also a vaccine for it... did you not get the vaccine?
Are you seriously suggesting deployed troops should treat cholera solely with hydration and nutrition? Really? You don't see any sort of issue there?

Sort of like the speculation of the Battle of Agincourt...

Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,955,849 times
Quote:

Yeah, fluids and nutrition, living in a tent in the middle of the desert when its 110+ degrees, receiving 3 1.5 L bottles of hot drinking water per day and eating MRE's.......gee why didn't we think of that.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM

23,465 posts, read 28,357,523 times
Quote:
You obviously missed the point of the post. Vaccines ingredients cross from blood to brain. The brain is protected by the body for a reason. Garlic cures strep because allicin (a chemical in garlic) kills strep.

Strep cannot enter the brain but it can inflame the lining of the brain.

Think about the ingredients of a vaccine surrounded by polysorbate entering the brain. This happens. They are using polysorbate to mask things and sneak them into the brain.
Quote:
I cited a non-vaccine related source where polysorbate 80 is used as a vector to "sneak" other things into the brain.

I think you are trying to refute the UN-refutable.
The study you quoted was about using polysorbate coated nanoparticles. The goal is to get medication inside the nanoparticles into the brain. Why would anyone use polysorbate in that fashion if it were dangerous?

Strept can indeed enter the brain:

Brain Abscess Caused by Streptococcus pyogenes in a Previously Healthy Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Yeah, fluids and nutrition, living in a tent in the middle of the desert when its 110+ degrees, receiving 3 1.5 L bottles of hot drinking water per day and eating MRE's.......gee why didn't we think of that.
Thanks for your service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or