U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-17-2015, 03:59 PM
 
25,910 posts, read 49,958,389 times
Reputation: 19383

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Despite all the evidence to the contrary you feel thimerosal is harmful?
I believe in making the best choice for me from the available options.

If Thimerosal was the best... there would be no market for a more expensive Thimerosal free vaccine.

 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,089 posts, read 99,190,340 times
Reputation: 31569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I believe in making the best choice for me from the available options.

If Thimerosal was the best... there would be no market for a more expensive Thimerosal free vaccine.
The reason thimerosal -free vax is available is because the anti-vaxers made an issue of it. Now they use the same argument as you. I can assure you the flu is far worse; may result in you getting some IVs.
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,618 posts, read 26,307,193 times
Reputation: 26715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I believe in making the best choice for me from the available options.

If Thimerosal was the best... there would be no market for a more expensive Thimerosal free vaccine.
The thimerosal free is available solely because of the anti-vaccine hysteria precipitated by Wakefield. Despite the fact that you can get thimerosal free versions of all children's vaccines, the anti-vax folks still clamor on and on about thimerosal and mercury.

Removing thimerosal did nothing to lower autism rates, by the way.

What is your personal concern about thimerosal?
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:19 PM
 
12,509 posts, read 14,648,792 times
Reputation: 14302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
You are wrong. The studies prove you wrong.

Steve? linked to one in the last two days so you're either too lazy to read them, not capable of understanding them (they were also in pretty graphs to make it easy) or simply lying. Pockets of celebrity worshipping folks in California with a high "education" contributed to the measles outbreak here. However, across the country they're likely to have a high school education max (maybe that's educated to you) and make 25k (not sure that's exact - I'm tired of reposting the same links because of posters too lazy to read.

Childhood vaccines (the purpose of his thread before the anti-vax team of a handful of anti-science folks hijacked it) are unequivocally safe and effective. You have NO reputable data to dispute that.

I'm not debating cholera or any other issue. Perhaps others will take your bait.

Parents aren't vaccinating their kids based on faked and misleading data and California legislation will protect kids at school from the impact of those decisions.

The overwhelming majority of reputable doctors support childhood vaccines and vaccinate their own kids. All the major medical organizations support childhood vaccines.

Any parent that doesn't want to vaccinate their child (in CA) can homeschool. Hopefully other states follow suit.
I could say the same to you
Childhood vaccines are indeed the "purpose of this thread"....So basically what you're saying is... the truth hurts. You can call that by any name you want "hi jack", you can call it "hi jill" if you want. That doesn't change the fact that vaccines are deadly and that parents deserve to be told ALL the facts on vaccines....not just the lies fed to you by...you guessed it...the GREAT cdc.
Parents aren't vaccinating their kids because they've (unlike you)done some serious research
Parents aren't vaccinating their kids because they've seen first hand the damage done.
Parents aren't vaccinating their kids because they have no reason to trust the cdc as they've been PROVEN liars on MANY occasions....did you look that up too???
Did you look at the poster I posted...or were you too lazy, as you accuse others of.
Try telling me all those vaccines with all their contaminants are good for you.

Who says "the overwhelming majority of doctors support vaccines and vaccinate their kids?...you?
Is that another wild guess in the dark?
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:19 PM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 752,585 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
My employer required the flu vaccine and administers it... I requested Thimerosal free and was told it was more expensive and would not be provided...

Said I will go to my doctor if my employer will reimburse and that was a not acceptable...
So did you pay?
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:24 PM
 
25,910 posts, read 49,958,389 times
Reputation: 19383
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The thimerosal free is available solely because of the anti-vaccine hysteria precipitated by Wakefield. Despite the fact that you can get thimerosal free versions of all children's vaccines, the anti-vax folks still clamor on and on about thimerosal and mercury.

Removing thimerosal did nothing to lower autism rates, by the way.

What is your personal concern about thimerosal?
Anything with mercury is a huge issue for engineering... a few years back, I had to purge the entire hospital of any device with mercury... it was a policy decision from the top... form perfectly good medical devices to things such as mercury thermostats and process controls had to be replaced... even though the mercury ones are far superior to the replacements... at least for my Steam Boilers... and other pressure switch applications.

The official line from the Hospital is any level of mercury exposure poses a risk...

So... being the thinking person I am... as an engineer... if ANY level of Mercury Exposure poses a risk... then how can I be expected to blindly accept injecting it into my body when alternatives are readily available at a higher cost?
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:27 PM
 
25,910 posts, read 49,958,389 times
Reputation: 19383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
So did you pay?
No... it went back and forth for until flue season was over...

I never refused and they did not provide.
 
Old 07-17-2015, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
19,081 posts, read 8,996,404 times
Reputation: 18490
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I find it amazing that you feel someone who refuses vaccination considers science irrelevant...open your eyes. Try reading some of the many, many, many peer reviewed and published medical papers other than the ones who're making all the profit...cdc, who.
I find it interesting (and very sad) that someone with your (apparent) intelligence has such a blind and foolish trust in authority.
Do you know who Dr Shiva Chopra is???
He was good (and smart) enough to be Canada's top senior scientist for 35 years..(he was the one who kept bovine growth hormones (rBGH) from being used in Canada) have you seen what he has to say about vaccines?
Do you consider him to be an uneducated "anti-vaxer" as well?
Rather than pick one scientist that you like, what do the preponderance of scientists and doctors say about vaccinations?
 
Old 07-17-2015, 05:10 PM
 
12,509 posts, read 14,648,792 times
Reputation: 14302
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The thimerosal free is available solely because of the anti-vaccine hysteria precipitated by Wakefield. Despite the fact that you can get thimerosal free versions of all children's vaccines, the anti-vax folks still clamor on and on about thimerosal and mercury.

Removing thimerosal did nothing to lower autism rates, by the way.

What is your personal concern about thimerosal?
It's not just the thimerosal, though you DO love to go on about it.
The aluminum keeps the thimerosal from leaving the body.....never mind the formaldehyde.
Autism is not just from mercury, why do you keep on about that?
Autism is a result of ischemic strokes resulting from vaccines deadly components.
Lets take one of many...aluminum

According to the FDA, the following are examples of weight with their corresponding MAX levels of aluminum per day.
8 lb healthy baby : 18.16 mcg aluminum/day
15lb healthy baby :34.05 mcg aluminum/day
30 lb toddler :68.1 mcg
50lb child :113 mcg
150lb adult :340.5 mcg
350lb adult :794.5 mcg
This is the amount of aluminum in vaccines routinely given to infants and children
hib: 225 mcg/shot
Hep B: 250 mcg/shot...given to many infants at birth
Dtap 170-625 (depending on manufacturer
Hep A: 250 mcg
Pentacel (DTaP, Hib, and polio combo) 330 mcg aluminum/shot
Pediarix (DTaP, Hep B and polio combo) 850 mcg aluminum/shot

At birth the Hep B vaccine has 14X the safe amount approved by the FDA.
At "well baby" visits (so sad) babies and toddlers can recieve up to 1000 mcg of aluminum, several times a year. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, Aluminum builds up in bones and brain and can prove toxic...it causes neurological harm and can be fatal to premy babies and any child with weak kidneys...no one would no if their kids kidneys were weak, would they???
 
Old 07-17-2015, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,412,771 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The thimerosal free is available solely because of the anti-vaccine hysteria precipitated by Wakefield. Despite the fact that you can get thimerosal free versions of all children's vaccines, the anti-vax folks still clamor on and on about thimerosal and mercury.

Removing thimerosal did nothing to lower autism rates, by the way.

What is your personal concern about thimerosal?
So the FDA is an anti-vaxxer now?
"...FDA risk assessment revealed that vaccines could expose some children to cumulative levels of ethylmercury that exceeded one of the three federal guidelines on methylmercury exposure..."

The AAP, AARP, and PHS are anti-vaxxers too?

"...AAP, AAFP and PHS had clearly acted with the best interest of children in mind both in issuing the guidelines to suspend the hepatitis B birth dose, and reversing them shortly thereafter once a thimerosal-free alternative was approved"

All this from an independent committee without bias...

"The committee has found inadequate evidence to accept or reject a causal relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and neurodevelopmental disorders. Although the available evidence is indirect and incomplete, and the relationship is not established, it is biologically plausible. Because thimerosal was used in millions of vaccine doses over several decades, it is important that additional research be done to understand the nature of the risk, if any, from this exposure to thimerosal."

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/7/7/pdfs/01-7735.pdf

Err on the side of caution was the conclusion. Eliminating additional sources of mercury was the goal in removing thimerosal. Also, when the AAP, AAFP, and PHS wanted to get rid of Hep B at birth... a thimerosal free version came very quickly.

Sorry but it wasn't the anti-vaxxers that made that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top