U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 05:42 AM

32,525 posts, read 17,636,768 times

Advertisements

Be a good parent.

Vaccinate your kids.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:29 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Exclamation  

Be a good parent......

DO NOT COMPROMISE YOUR FAMILIES NATURAL IMMUNITY WITH GARBAGE!!

Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 AM

4,077 posts, read 4,046,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The point being immune for how long? Year after the first test? Don't know what they do today. They only tested me for Rubella ONCE for my first pregnancy and not the second one 5 years later. Maybe having having the actual disease gives far more antibodies than the vaccine? Don't know. I will ask my daughter if she has any "package deal" for her pregnancy. lol Is that part of Obamacare too?
The "package deal" to which Suzy was probably referring is a panel of lab tests that routinely are all done as part of prenatal care. This "prenatal panel" includes rubella titer, as well as complete blood count, urinalysis, testing for HIV, STDs, & HepB, ABO/Rh typing & alloantibody screening, and possibly others.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:57 AM

18,884 posts, read 8,860,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Be a good parent......

Did you get vaccination "grabage" for polio?

Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 AM

1,170 posts, read 747,336 times
Quote:
Be a good parent......

If I lived in California, I would be glad that parents that don't believe in science and don't vaccinate have to home school. It means that science class can focus on science instead of conspiracy theories

Nothing like a good dose of an entirely preventable illness to change parents' minds, but at least the most vulnerable will be somewhat protected (at least at school) from parental stupidity.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:15 AM

32,525 posts, read 17,636,768 times
Quote:
Be a good parent......

You're shouting.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:19 PM

4,680 posts, read 2,296,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So there can be no immunity without infection yet vaccination is not infection....
I guess vaccination does not equal immunity.
We've only told you about five thousand times. The problem is, if you're going to be so obstinate and close-minded about just this, getting a real biologist or an epidemiologist to explain it to you in detail is going to go right over the top of your head because you know nothing whatsoever about science and you aren't going to understand or believe that either.

If you ask a question and get the same answer over and over from different people, the same answer you can check from legitimate sources and doctors online and from your own doctor, and you still ask the same question because you don't believe the answer, well, what can anyone do to help you? Besides nothing?

How you function in real life is beyond me. And you're trying to raise kids? That's scary.

Quote:
Be a good parent......

Until your kid dies from a preventable disease.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:25 PM

4,680 posts, read 2,296,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The point being immune for how long? Year after the first test?
That's a simple answer. Ask your doctor. Most doctors, if they have your records, will review them and let you know when you're due for a booster. If not, just ask. I used to do that for my dog.

I know they recommend a tetanus shot every 10 years and oftener if you work with animals of any kind.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:40 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,192,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
If I lived in California, I would be glad that parents that don't believe in science and don't vaccinate have to home school. It means that science class can focus on science instead of conspiracy theories

Nothing like a good dose of an entirely preventable illness to change parents' minds, but at least the most vulnerable will be somewhat protected (at least at school) from parental stupidity.
Ah, but you will never know if you will meet these unvaccinated homeschooled children out in society. Is DISNEY banning unvaccinated children or adults from their park?

You are living in a dream world. Well, if it makes you sleep better at night thinking you are now SAFE.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:47 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,192,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
That's a simple answer. Ask your doctor. Most doctors, if they have your records, will review them and let you know when you're due for a booster. If not, just ask. I used to do that for my dog.

I know they recommend a tetanus shot every 10 years and oftener if you work with animals of any kind.
My last doctor was my GYN/OB in 1984 for the birth of my younger daughter. My non-existent doctor won't be telling me anything.

My Indoor Only Cats are not vaccinated. Maybe I will bite THEM and give them Rabies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or