Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 12:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Any parent in RI can choose not to vaccinate against HPV. Their choice is preserved. Their unvaccinated kids just do not get to go to public school.
Total BS. That's not a free choice. it's extremely coercive. And there is absolutely no valid reason to ban children from the classroom for not having a vaccine for an STD.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Where it became a true choice!

Old 08-04-2015, 12:40 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
I consider people who view single incident as evidence of a conspiracy ill informed at best. The use of multiple explanation points does not make your view more valid
SINGLE incident? Hardly! There are MANY!

I figured you would/couldn't admit it...either way you're toast. If you admit the Government has then you admit they may be stifling information on vaccines and if you don't admit it then you're drinking the Kool-Ade because they THEMSELVES now admit they've done it many times.

It's not science that I don't trust it's scientists! Besides ALL science is theory! Sure they have "laws" right up until they discover something that breaks those laws...

SCIENTIST said back in the seventies that by 2000 we would be in an ice age because of pollution..no wait, ACID rain is pollution that rain cleanses from the atmosphere and kills all plant life...but wait, plant life isn't dying...Oh I know, CFCs destroy the Ozone layer that so far cannot actually be measured as it's in flux.

Oh yeah and the oceans were going to be fished out! They thought we could possibly EAT EVERYTHING in an ocean so big they haven't even explored 90% of it? Then There's PLUTO is it a planet or not...they can't make up their minds.

My mother has encyclopedias from the 50's that document dinosaurs that never lived...oops! Some scientist put different bones together wrong! But we were taught those dinosaurs existed! But now they don't really...

Care to continue? Science is THEORY and FAITH!

Old 08-04-2015, 12:45 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is hilarious, Suzy. Are you really calling the health authorities in Japan who suspended the vaccine, "quacks"?

Yes. If anything Japan has proven to be overly reactionary, the banned the MMR vaccine for a long time, in which about 100 people died of measles.

Cases of autism also only increased during that time, hand in hand with measles infections.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-ban-in-japan/

Quote:
Parents need have no more fears about the triple vaccine against measles, mumps and rubella. A study of more than 30,000 children in Japan should put the final nail in the coffin of the claim that the MMR vaccine is responsible for the apparent rise in autism in recent years.
The study shows that in the city of Yokohama the number of children with autism continued to rise after the MMR vaccine was replaced with single vaccines. “The findings are resoundingly negative,” says Hideo Honda of the Yokohama Rehabilitation Center.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Yes. If anything Japan has proven to be overly reactionary, the banned the MMR vaccine for a long time, in which about 100 people died of measles.

Cases of autism also only increased during that time, hand in hand with measles infections.

I like their cautious approach. That is how it should be when questions about safety arise.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I like their cautious approach. That is how it should be when questions about safety arise.

That cautious approach didn't go so well for all those who died of a completely preventable disease huh

Old 08-04-2015, 12:56 PM

Teenage girl in Canada with anti-vaxxer parents goes off and gets herself vaccinated, mom loses her mind, looking to sue someone, anyone.

Quote:

None of my children are vaccinated. Totally by accident I came to find out that my oldest daughter has been fully vaccinated (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hep a and b, menengitis a and b and hpv) without mine or my husband’s knowledge or consent. In Ontario we have socialized medicine and publicly funded vaccines. She admitted she went to clinics run for school aged children run by our local health public health unit to get her shots and also got a few at a local walk in clinic that are not yet publicly funded paid for with her babysitting money. When I called public health and the clinic to complain they both said that because she is age 16 they cannot release any information to me – and I’m her mother! My husband and are livid that she was vaccinated without our consent. What kind of action can we take against public health and the clinic for vaccinating a child without parental consent? Do we have a case for a lawsuit?

Read more: Anti-Vax Parents Look To Sue After Daughter Gets Shots

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3ck3y4/my_daughter_was_vaccinated_without_my_consent/

Old 08-04-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Teenage girl in Canada with anti-vaxxer parents goes off and gets herself vaccinated, mom loses her mind, looking to sue someone, anyone.

Read more: Anti-Vax Parents Look To Sue After Daughter Gets Shots

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3ck3y4/my_daughter_was_vaccinated_without_my_consent/

I have no problem with a teenager making the decision for herself.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:57 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
What about the people damaged or killed BY vaccines? What about malpractice itself?

We can trust the "scientists" at big pharma about as much as we can trust the "scientists" at big tobacco...what about them? They're SCIENTISTS...do you believe them also or do you pick and choose which scientists are honest based on YOUR preferences

Old 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:

I didn't see anything in your link regarding your claim of 100 deaths from measles. Do you have a source for that?

Your link also does not say that the Japanese went without measles mumps and rubella vaccination, they just used separate vaccines for each disease rather then the mmr vaccine. Any source for your claim that they stopped vaccination for these illnesses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events