Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 02:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The risk of an adverse reaction to a vaccine is microscopic. The risk of getting a vaccine preventable disease, especially HPV, is many times higher.
It's not as small as you and the vaccine companies have led people to believe.

Quote:
Vaccine requirements for travel will help with measles but other diseases not so much, especially whooping cough.
Just measles? How about polio? The risk is brought in from other countries, is it not? What about chicken pox? They just had a "big emergency" quarantine at a hospital for a man with chicken pox who had just returned home to the US.

Quote:
No one is forced to vaccinate. If you do not want to, don't. Your choice will have consequences. It is up to you to choose how to deal with them.
Maybe rodentraiser can help you understand that there is no real choice involved in this coercive legislation. Some will be forced despite your misguided claims to the contrary.

Quote:
When you claim to base vaccination decisions on science you lose credibility by including chiropractors and naturopaths as sources.
It is your opinion that naturopaths and chiropractors are quacks. I'm sure some are absolutely terrible as are some doctors but to dismiss a profession because it falls outside your realm of understanding is ignorant and close minded.

Quote:
Yep, Japan has quacks, too. Quackery has no respect for international boundaries. Japanese quacks are even called out by Japanese infectious disease experts.
So pretty much anyone who does not agree with you and your beloved CDC, no matter what their credentials are, is a quack? Got it.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:07 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I haven't seen you posting studies or sources either, just memes and lots of posts that consists strictly of mocking people who do not share your point of views.
There are literally HUNDREDS of links that have been posted in this thread.

I absolutely mock shallow thought that is unsupported by any form of valid evidence when there is clear, objective, unequivocal evidence on the other side. I post memes because I hope they're not too confusing

You either can't comprehend what has been posted OVER AND OVER, the thousands of studies, the research, the evidence refuting the conspiracy theories, the data about the deaths prevented by vaccines, the studies showing the miniscule risk of severe adverse reactions.

Every. Single. Time. someone posts a study that PROVES you're wrong, you skate around and find another shallow argument. SuzyQ has been accused by you and others as having too much data. Which is it?

So lets be clear - this answer is NOT for those that have been given answers hundreds of time and plugged their ears while chanting "nananannana" for fear of hearing data that might force them to realize they're wrong.

For those LEGITIMATELY interested in science, who understandably find the drivel in this thread by the anti-science crew too painful to review, here is an aggregation of studies from a blog that supports science, and therefore vaccination (see how easy that is?).

Do not accept this or any other website's "opinion" unless the credentials are clear - go to the actual links and read the actual medical articles, studies and medical opinions. As the website itself states:
Vaccines are an important point of discussion on this blog. Once again, all decisions about vaccines should be done after a discussion with a licensed healthcare practioner who utilizes evidence-based medicine. Be aware that homeopaths, naturopaths, chiropractors, and other pseudoscience based woo-meisters are simply not knowledgeable about real diagnostic and treatment options, and should always be ignored.

Feel free to ask your chiropractor about your back or neck, but immunology? I'd check out the actual research links.

Vaccine Search Engine

Old 08-06-2015, 03:10 PM

A few more - World Health Organization - Myths about vaccines

WHO | What are some of the myths ? and facts ? about vaccination?

Or simply google myths and facts about vaccines and look for actual doctors.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:24 PM

California Department of Public Health

COMMON MYTHS ABOUT VACCINES DEBUNKED

This one deals with 95% of the repeated myths in this thread (saves some time for those researching!)

Myths That Keep People From Vaccinating Their Kids

Centre for Disease Control

CDC - Addressing Common Concerns - Vaccine Safety

Mayo Clinic

Childhood vaccines: Tough questions, straight answers - Mayo Clinic

Autism Speaks Strongly Encourages Vaccination

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...nes-and-autism

Government of Ontario

Vaccines - Immunization - Health Care Professionals - MOHLTC

Texas Childrens Hospital

Vaccine Facts and Myths | Texas Children' s Hospital

Government of Canada

Get the facts about immunization

Just to be crystal clear, prior to the "Big Pharma" Boogie Man being dragged out, in Canada we have public health, with tax pressures we certainly WOULD not see every single political party strongly endorsing vaccinations if they weren't a cost effective way to prevent disease.

Can other Pro Science folks add their resources, lets put this fiction to bed.

MissTerri says she wants data? I don't believe her, I expect that we'll see single lines of these detailed resources taken out of context to mislead folks that they prove an unprovable point.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
There are literally HUNDREDS of links that have been posted in this thread.
Not by you.

Quote:
I absolutely mock shallow thought that is unsupported by any form of valid evidence when there is clear, objective, unequivocal evidence on the other side. I post memes because I hope they're not too confusing
Yes, you do mock thoughts. Not shallow ones, just ones that you don't agree with. Memes are childish.

Quote:
You either can't comprehend what has been posted OVER AND OVER, the thousands of studies, the research, the evidence refuting the conspiracy theories, the data about the deaths prevented by vaccines, the studies showing the miniscule risk of severe adverse reactions.

Quote:
Every. Single. Time. someone posts a study that PROVES you're wrong, you skate around and find another shallow argument. SuzyQ has been accused by you and others as having too much data. Which is it?
Like I said, there is evidence on both sides.
I've read a lot of studies and there is evidence on both sides. I'm sorry you have not done your homework. I'm not going to do it for you either. All I want is the freedom for people to choose. That's it. The basic human right to decide to forgo injections into my body and the bodies of my children and future grandchildren. I haven't accused Suzy of having "too much data". Where do you come up with these things?

Quote:
So lets be clear - this answer is NOT for those that have been given answers hundreds of time and plugged their ears while chanting "nananannana" for fear of hearing data that might force them to realize they're wrong.
You're not listening to our side at all.

Quote:
For those LEGITIMATELY interested in science, who understandably find the drivel in this thread by the anti-science crew too painful to review, here is an aggregation of studies from a blog that supports science, and therefore vaccination (see how easy that is?).

Do not accept this or any other website's "opinion" unless the credentials are clear - go to the actual links and read the actual medical articles, studies and medical opinions. As the website itself states:
Vaccines are an important point of discussion on this blog. Once again, all decisions about vaccines should be done after a discussion with a licensed healthcare practioner who utilizes evidence-based medicine. Be aware that homeopaths, naturopaths, chiropractors, and other pseudoscience based woo-meisters are simply not knowledgeable about real diagnostic and treatment options, and should always be ignored.

Feel free to ask your chiropractor about your back or neck, but immunology? I'd check out the actual research links.

Vaccine Search Engine
Do you really believe that you are performing some kind of public service on this thread? Like I said, I read a ton of studies, most from sources that you would consider to be legit. Just because I also talked to alternative health practitioners does not negate that. It just means that my information was more well rounded. If you limit yourself to only one side of the information then I wouldn't exactly consider your research to be complete. Suit yourself but your right to be ignorant stops when you push your injections on those who don't want them. Keep your laws off of my body, tlvancouver.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post

MissTerri says she wants data? I don't believe her, I expect that we'll see single lines of these detailed resources taken out of context to mislead folks that they prove an unprovable point.
Never have I said that I wanted data. I just reminded you that you haven't shared any. I did my research. I don't need for you to google specific studies that support your view for me. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:31 PM

To simplify thing regarding the flu vaccine (again, look for the actual science in these articles)
(From http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/vaccinate-debunking-flu-vaccine-myths-25-easy-steps/

Old 08-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Oops duplicate

Old 08-06-2015, 03:37 PM

Oh, the Skeptical Raptor blog. That's not biased at all.

By the way, it's against the TOS to copy and paste long walls of text from other sites and paste them into your posts. It's a copyright thing. We're only allowed to post snippets. It's also against the TOS to call people "trolls".

Old 08-06-2015, 03:37 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Never have I said that I wanted data. I just reminded you that you haven't shared any. I did my research. I don't need for you to google specific studies that support your view for me. Thanks, but no thanks.

You don't have to convince anyone of that, this whole thread you have consistently shown that you thrive upon ridiculous conspiracy theory nonsense and endless assumptions.

Its not that you want to consider other viewpoints, you want people to legitimize your wacky, tinfoil arguments and sources and try to put them on par with those that involved actual research and not just data taken out of context or ignorant people using a bunch of "sciency" words to try and convince even more ignorant people that someone is out to get them.

Last edited by Juram; 08-06-2015 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: http://www.city-data.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=40722390
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events