Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 06:06 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I don't agree with anything about your "screw everyone else if I get them sick" attitude, but what I really don't understand is why you seem to find children (or adults) getting sick so funny?

I actually care about others, so I really don't want those new grandbabies of your to suffer from your stupidity (passed on to your daughter) but I expect we won't see you on here admitting you're wrong if it happens.
Mine, and all the kids I knew then, never got whooping cough, although there was NO Pertussis booster in 1979 or 1984. Let me see when they were born my DPT vax was at least 30 years old. My Mom's, Dad's about 60 years down the line. As I SAID to you, until 2005, just about all of the adult population were walking around with waning inmunity to Pertussis. Are you SURE that in the past ten years every adult out there has gotten that NEW Tdap with the Perussis booster? Does that scare you?

Yet TODAY, people are terrified if pregnant women don't get that Tdap with every pregnancy, OR anyone else who comes into contact with babies, or little children.

Go live YOUR life in FEAR. I have never have and am not about to start now in my old age. Humanity will survive despite your fear mongering.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:10 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Mine, and all the kids I knew then, never got whooping cough, although there was NO Pertussis booster in 1979 or 1984. Let me see when they were born my DPT vax was at least 30 years old. My Mom's, Dad's about 60 years down the line. As I SAID to you, until 2005, just about all of the adult population were walking around with waning inmunity to Pertussis. Are you SURE that in the past ten years every adult out there has gotten that NEW Tdap with the Perussis booster? Does that scare you?

Yet TODAY, people are terrified if pregnant women don't get that Tdap with every pregnancy, OR anyone else who comes into contact with babies, or little children.

Go live YOUR life in FEAR. I have never have and am not about to start now in my old age. Humanity will survive despite your fear mongering.
Obviously not every adult has had the Tdap. That is why there is now an increase in educational efforts aimed at adults.

Your implication that adults who have not had the Tdap are all susceptible to pertussis is still wrong. The protection of the pertussis vaccine wanes. That does not mean it disappears.

Not protecting infants against pertussis by refusing to vaccinate those who have contact with them is irresponsible and not good parenting.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:11 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Default Nigeria reaches one year with no new polio cases

Nigeria's fight to wipe out polio - CNN.com

Old 08-20-2015, 04:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Opponents to mandatory HPV vaccine say they're gaining ground

Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Well if the "opponents say" they're gaining ground it must be true

Old 08-20-2015, 08:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Well if the "opponents say" they're gaining ground it must be true
Did you read the article?

Quote:
Despite the mandate, HEALTH is “not interested in excluding children from school due to a lack of vaccination” but will work throughout the year with parents and schools.
Similarly, the department is offering the option of an “immunization exemption” for parents with a “deep conviction” against the vaccine.
“The Department of Health is starting to make concessions,” Stenhouse said, “so why not just do away with the mandate altogether?”
What does that sound like to you?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:29 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Can't we talk about something serious, like chemtrails or something?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:47 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did you read the article?

What does that sound like to you?

Sounds like some anti-vaxxer loons trying to represent themselves as something more than a tiny minority of really vocal, scientifically illiterate and confused people wanting to throw their weight around.

Yet around this country, more and more vaccine requirements are being introduced in state after state, the arrow is pointed clearly in one direction and its not favoring the way the flat-Earth society wishes to go. Give it another couple of vaccine preventable outbreaks and more states will take up similar mandates to what California has enacted.

States which allow personal exemptions from vaccination are tightening restrictions, making parents attend classes or consult with healthcare providers before an exemption can be granted, religious exemptions are being heavily restricted in some states, only someone that is completely lost in the sauce can't see that the anti-vaxxers are receiving the first major pushback that they've seen in almost two decades. Now that the chickens have come home to roost and we are seeing the true consequences of tolerating absurd paranoia, there is a growing movement to stop putting up with it. People have lost patience for the BS conspiracy theories and nonsensical fear-mongering about mercury and other things that have absolutely no basis in reality.

New vaccine requirements take effect as school begins - Daily Southtown

Rauner toughens requirements for religious exemption on vaccines - Chicago Tribune

Back-to-school immunizations have new state requirements | The Herald Journal | news.hjnews.com

Care Van aims to help families meet new vaccine requirements

DHHS Reminds Middle School Parents of New Vaccination Requirements

Area Schools Announce Vaccine Changes

New vaccinations required this school year; lack of immunizations could result in suspension | WNCT

Parents will need to attend class before getting vaccination waiver for kids heading back to school - WXYZ.com

Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Juram, has quoting science for months and months changed anyone's mind on here? Do you really think it is going to change these parents minds being lectured at by their children's school?

If someone believes in the freedom of CHOICE, do you really think quoting science will change anyone's mind? That view has nothing to do with science. It is a belief in the right of an individual, or parents of children, to decide their own medical treatment.

Your body, and for parents of young children, is your OWN. No one has any right to tell another person what medications, vaccines, procedures, must be performed on it. Informed consent. Greater of good society ENDS when it comes to being medicated with ANY foreign substance an individual says NO to. Their reasons are irrelevant to the basic concept.

Greater good of society is a very dangerous slippery slope to go down, especially when it comes to medical treatment.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:52 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Juram, has quoting science for months and months changed anyone's mind on here? Do you really think it is going to change these parents minds being lectured at by their children's school?

If someone believes in the freedom of CHOICE, do you really think quoting science will change anyone's mind? That view has nothing to do with science. It is a belief in the right of an individual, or parents of children, to decide their own medical treatment.

Your body, and for parents of young children, is your OWN. No one has any right to tell another person what medications, vaccines, procedures, must be performed on it. Informed consent. Greater of good society ENDS when it comes to being medicated with ANY foreign substance an individual says NO to. Their reasons are irrelevant to the basic concept.

Greater good of society is a very dangerous slippery slope to go down, especially when it comes to medical treatment.
And willful ignorance over fact is the death knell of a society when it becomes entrenched and institutionalized.

You continue to waltz around the fact that there IS a choice. You just don't like the choice. Which I get. It's a hard choice. But still a choice. If you want to X, then you must Y. Choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events