U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:20 PM
bg7
 
7,698 posts, read 7,645,830 times
Reputation: 14991

Advertisements

Fundamental attribution error, the major problem with conspiracy theorists. Along with selective data reading.

Vaccines are one of the most wondrous discoveries in medicine. Along with antiseptic procedures & practices, and anesthetics. Of course now we know more about the immune system, and its memory, vaccines make perfect sense. None of this was known back in the 1700s, in Jenner's day, of course, but the brilliance of priming the body's own immune system to elicit it to do what it is already programmed to do ..... brilliant.

There are no vaccinations against conspiracy theorists and deliberate deniers however. They will be with us till the end of time. Part of the "rich tapestry" I suppose.....

 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 746,981 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I've never been sick from a flu shot. My husband hasn't. My children haven't. My parents haven't. My sister hasn't.

The only time I've been sick with the flu is the year I didn't get a shot. And I ended up in the hospital from it.

So, there you have it. Dueling anecdotal evidence. But there's actual fact to back up my version.

I've never had a flu shot. Only got sick once when I ate food my mother cook after getting sick from getting the flu shot.

Since then, she has stopped taking the flu shot and hasn't been sick like that since.

You didn't take the flu shot once and had to go to the hospital? LOL, nice scare tactic and BS story.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I do not believe in coercion. I do believe in choice. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.
That is correct, just because you say something does not make it true. The mandates use coercion which is not the same as choice. Either get the vaccine or lose your right to access public school. Coercion. That is not the same as choice.

Quote:
I know what autoimmune diseases are. I am very aware. The evidence you cite is not reputable on a scientific plane. When I try to research studies and links, it ends up dissolving in a puff of smoke. There is no THERE there. My logic is fully intact.
I'm also very aware of autoimmune disease. The info is out there. My logic is fully intact as well.

Quote:
Do you believe you have insulted no one? Because you have. Do you believe you have a better right to hurl insult at people? You may as well apply your thought to yourself--hand it out, deal with the results.
At this point I'll say what I want. I'm fed up.

Quote:
What makes you believe that I haven't read on both sides? Because I don't agree with you? I'm sorry, but I have. Most recently, I did exhaustive research on HPV vaccine. I spent hours combing through VAERS data, reading studies and reports, finding health directives from around the world. And it lead me to the conclusion, after taking ALL SIDES into account, that it was safe. That it would keep my children healthier. That it would prevent a virus that could cause cancer. That those who believe (and I do think most sincerely believe) the vaccine harmed a loved one were in error. I am confident in the information i have found. I understand that you are, too. I think you are wrong, that you are relying on emotion more than fact, that you will not accept that you have a choice because you don't like the alternative. Am I right? I think so. You do not. Fine, disagree. But you don't need to hurl insult at me.
I did the same research and came to the conclusion that the HPV vaccine is not worth the risk. Why do you get to decide for my children. The HPV vaccine has proven not to be safe for a number of individuals who have suffered debilitating reactions.

Quote:
And understand this: If you post something that I believe is damaging to the public (not just to an argument--please understand the difference), I will refute it. As will many others. You present your evidence, someone else presents theirs. That's a debate. You don't want people to refute your evidence, stop posting it. I don't expect to change your mind. You are too entrenched. But I find it terribly irresponsible to leave something that is not factual or that has been successfully refuted up for all to see. So if you're waiting for me to shut up, it's not going to happen. No matter how mean-girl you are to me.
I don't care if people vaccinate or not. I just want there to be choice. I find it terribly misguided to take that choice away. It's deeply offensive to me.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,050 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Wrong.


Such a convincing argument, you possess the wisdom of a 6,000 or 7,000 year old man.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:25 PM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I've never been sick from a flu shot. My husband hasn't. My children haven't. My parents haven't. My sister hasn't.

The only time I've been sick with the flu is the year I didn't get a shot. And I ended up in the hospital from it.

So, there you have it. Dueling anecdotal evidence. But there's actual fact to back up my version.
My anecdotal evidence is that I haven't had a flu shot and I also never get the flu.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,538 posts, read 26,155,710 times
Reputation: 26547
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Ok, now go back and look at my post in which I responded to that. That's post #4344. Listen to the lecture by Dr. Schoenfeld. Pay special attention to the parts where he says that bacteria and virus cause far more auto immune disease than vaccines and medicines do. Listen to the part where he calls vaccines, "medicine's single greatest achievement".

What you and the other anti-vaxxers don't seem to get is that the benefits of vaccines far outweigh any risk or harm they cause. When you have a way--besides vaccination--to guarantee me I won't get an auto immune disease from VPD than (and only than) do you have the right to start to start complaining about vaccines.
Schoenfeld is interesting. It still concerns me that he coauthored a book with Tomljenovic, who is a class A crank, and he has strong ties to the anti-vax community in general, it appears.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 746,981 times
Reputation: 1041
You know what works better than Flu shots? Nano silver.... Google it.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,050 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
At this point I'll say what I want. I'm fed up.


You spend the whole thread spouting 99% BS and then get upset when you repeatedly get called out on your nonsense. You post falsehood after falsehood, and expect people to buy ridiculous claims lacking all factual basis. Get over yourself.
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,050 times
Reputation: 6371

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hCLWtEHL8
 
Old 08-21-2015, 01:33 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 746,981 times
Reputation: 1041
Now sure why these PRO vaxers are so hateful towards those of us who don't want to be vaccinated.

I mean, you're vaccinated right? So you're "protected".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top