U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-02-2015, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,249 posts, read 28,060,420 times
Reputation: 28688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I dare you to say that to the thousands of girls and their families who have had serious injuries from the vaccine. They are not all imagining the connection.
Without any evidence to support a connection between the symptoms those girls have and the vaccine, the parents are mistaken that the vaccine has caused any injury. I am sorry those girls are ill, but their problems are not due to Gardasil. There is too much evidence otherwise.

Quote:
Show us the proof that the vaccine lasts 10 years.
It was in post #4553, which you apparently found too difficult to read:

HPV Vaccine Information For Young Women

"How long does vaccine protection last?
Research suggests that vaccine protection is long-lasting. Current studies have followed vaccinated individuals for ten years, and show that there is no evidence of weakened protection over time." That's ten years and still going strong, not ten years and waning.

Dr. Jen Gunter discusses what would happen if the vaccine suddenly just did not work after ten years (which is not happening):

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...-for-10-years/

If the HPV vaccine's effectiveness is at some point found to be waning, the simple solution is a booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I get my information from a very wide variety of sources. The info I shared is relevant. You are the one claiming to only trust info from a very small handful of sources of which has already been shown that they are not nearly as credible or trustworthy as people are led to believe. Who is closed minded? Who is biased? Its not me.
I shared the stories of numerous girls who have been injured from the HPV vaccine in this thread like this video for instance. Don't blame me for your unwillingness to look into info shared.
Perhaps you would be more credible if you shared those sources with us. So far you have refused to do so. We can only conclude they are nonexistent. The sources I and others have used are far more credible than your "wide variety of [unnamed] sources". Internet stories are not credible sources. That seems to be all you have.

Internet anecdotes are not data. Properly performed studies of participants who have received HPV vaccines are not demonstrating any serious adverse effects at all.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 09-02-2015 at 09:17 PM..

 
Old 09-02-2015, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,249 posts, read 28,060,420 times
Reputation: 28688
More on the duration of protection from HPV vaccines:

Long-term efficacy and safety of human papillomavirus vaccination

"In addition, the predicted duration of anti-HPV 16 and -HPV 18 antibody responses following vaccination were explored by mathematical modeling. Factors that can influence long-term immunity include the peak level of antibody response 1 month after the last vaccine dose, rates of B-cell decay and proliferation, B-cell immunologic memory, cell-mediated immunity, and individual variability. Based on data from the initial and follow-up studies, the results of the modeling predict that anti-HPV 16 and anti-HPV 18 antibody levels will decrease, but will remain several fold higher than those associated with natural infection for at least 20 years post vaccination. These results provide circumstantial evidence that should a booster be needed, this need will not occur before a substantial amount of time has elapsed after vaccination, which is consistent with previous modeling results."

In other words, based on the physiology of the immune response to the HPV vaccine, if a booster is needed it will be later rather than sooner.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 06:46 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,761,222 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Without any evidence to support a connection between the symptoms those girls have and the vaccine, the parents are mistaken that the vaccine has caused any injury. I am sorry those girls are ill, but their problems are not due to Gardasil. There is too much evidence otherwise.
What evidence is there otherwise? We see report after report from girls all coming down with the same symptoms shortly after vaccination with the HPV vaccine. Doctors tell them that they don't know what it is. Their symptoms don't match any other illnesses that we have seen in the past yet the connection to Gardasil is dismissed. That's illogical.



Quote:
It was in post #4553, which you apparently found too difficult to read:

HPV Vaccine Information For Young Women

"How long does vaccine protection last?
Research suggests that vaccine protection is long-lasting. Current studies have followed vaccinated individuals for ten years, and show that there is no evidence of weakened protection over time." That's ten years and still going strong, not ten years and waning.

Dr. Jen Gunter discusses what would happen if the vaccine suddenly just did not work after ten years (which is not happening):

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...-for-10-years/

If the HPV vaccine's effectiveness is at some point found to be waning, the simple solution is a booster.
"research suggests" How would they even know if the vaccine had worn off?


Quote:
Perhaps you would be more credible if you shared those sources with us. So far you have refused to do so. We can only conclude they are nonexistent. The sources I and others have used are far more credible than your "wide variety of [unnamed] sources". Internet stories are not credible sources. That seems to be all you have.

Internet anecdotes are not data. Properly performed studies of participants who have received HPV vaccines are not demonstrating any serious adverse effects at all.
BS. I have shared things here and they are either dismissed, ignored or the source attacked. That's the pattern. Like the links I shared regarding the bias and manipulation complicit in your precious scientific journals which was largely ignored.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-03-2015 at 08:04 AM..
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,890 posts, read 5,194,739 times
Reputation: 14579
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Without any evidence to support a connection between the symptoms those girls have and the vaccine, the parents are mistaken that the vaccine has caused any injury. I am sorry those girls are ill, but their problems are not due to Gardasil. There is too much evidence otherwise.
What interests me is: why are we not hearing about all of these injuries happening to boys? The vaccine has been recommended for males for a few years now, so if it is indeed the vaccine that causes severe side effects, wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be reports for them as well?

(Unless of course someone wants to invent a hypothesis about y chromosomes having a protective mechanism against the vaccine)
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:31 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,761,222 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
What interests me is: why are we not hearing about all of these injuries happening to boys? The vaccine has been recommended for males for a few years now, so if it is indeed the vaccine that causes severe side effects, wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be reports for them as well?

(Unless of course someone wants to invent a hypothesis about y chromosomes having a protective mechanism against the vaccine)
Are many boys getting the HPV vaccine? I know that it's now recommended for both girls and boys but I wonder how many parents of boys are really getting the vaccine for their sons. I doubt the number is high.

The Danish documentary about HPV vaccine injuries showed a common theme among the girls who have been injured. The vast majority of those injured were very much involved in sports at the time of their vaccination and subsequent illness which includes chronic headaches, fever, partial paralysis that comes and goes, daily fainting, extreme fatigue, etc.

Info on HPV vaccine rates:
Quote:
HPV Vaccine
  • For girls ages 13-17, coverage with at least one dose of HPV vaccine increased by 3.3 percentage points from 2013 to 2014 (56.7% in 2013 vs. 60.0% in 2014).
    • Receipt of the recommended three doses increased from 2013 to 2014, but still remained low (36.8% in 2013 vs. 39.7% in 2014).
    • Coverage with each HPV vaccine dose was higher among Hispanic girls than among white girls; coverage with one and two doses of HPV vaccine was higher among black girls than among white girls.
    • Coverage with each HPV vaccine dose was higher among girls living below the poverty level compared with those living at or above the poverty level.
  • For boys ages 13-17, coverage with at least one dose of HPV vaccine increased by 8.1 percentage points from 2013 to 2014 (33.6% in 2013 vs 41.7% in 2014).
    • Receipt of the recommended three doses increased from 2013 to 2014, but still remained low (13.4% in 2013 vs. 21.6% in 2014).
    • Coverage with each HPV vaccine dose was higher among Hispanic boys than among white boys; and coverage with one dose of HPV vaccine was higher among black boys than among white boys.
    • Coverage with each HPV vaccine dose was higher among boys living below the poverty level compared with those living at or above the poverty level.
  • There was wide variation in HPV vaccination coverage at the state level.
    • For girls, state-level coverage with at least one dose of HPV vaccine ranged from 38.3% in Kansas to 76.0% in Rhode Island.
    • For boys, state-level coverage with at least one dose of HPV vaccine coverage ranged from 23.2% in Indiana to 69.0% in Rhode Island.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-03-2015 at 08:59 AM..
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,761,222 times
Reputation: 9636

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=Ijwlo_NnPQc
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 790,757 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
What interests me is: why are we not hearing about all of these injuries happening to boys? The vaccine has been recommended for males for a few years now, so if it is indeed the vaccine that causes severe side effects, wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be reports for them as well?

(Unless of course someone wants to invent a hypothesis about y chromosomes having a protective mechanism against the vaccine)
Excellent point!

And we know the reason, because the evidence, statistics, research and studies all prove the vaccine doesn't cause injuries. "Some say"?

There are NO credible peer reviewed studies at all, MissTerri implies she has posted some, not true. Absolutely unequivocally false. Stories of girls getting sick around the time of the vaccine with parents looking for someone to blame, (which have been studied and NO link found) shared by "doctors" who have lost their license for unlawfully injecting foreign materials into patients they haven't seen (ironic?).

And just when you think the anti-van rhetoric is as absurd as possible you have the old "you can't prove it DIDNT cause injury". Seriously? On that logic it could be grade 7 science that caused injury, each of the girls who got ill studied science before they got ill. How dare they make my child take science!
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 790,757 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Science not media please, we are back to Jenny McCarthy and using endorsements. The anti-vax blah blah blah without actual sources or science is medically and morally irresponsible. If you don't want to vaccinate, don't. If you are in a state that includes HPV vaccine (which is not the case in California) then that would be included in your decision.

Life is about choices. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine, I don't care. I'm glad public health agencies are protecting others (including your own kid perhaps) from this stupidity.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,761,222 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Excellent point!

And we know the reason, because the evidence, statistics, research and studies all prove the vaccine doesn't cause injuries. "Some say"?

There are NO credible peer reviewed studies at all, MissTerri implies she has posted some, not true. Absolutely unequivocally false. Stories of girls getting sick around the time of the vaccine with parents looking for someone to blame, (which have been studied and NO link found) shared by "doctors" who have lost their license for unlawfully injecting foreign materials into patients they haven't seen (ironic?).

And just when you think the anti-van rhetoric is as absurd as possible you have the old "you can't prove it DIDNT cause injury". Seriously? On that logic it could be grade 7 science that caused injury, each of the girls who got ill studied science before they got ill. How dare they make my child take science!
Did you even bother to listen to the girls stories in the Danish Documentary and the one above that I shared? I made it easy for you, no reading required. I doubt you will. I've noticed that you run away when presented with information you don't like. These girls and their families did what they thought was right by getting the vaccine and then when injured the medical establishment turned their backs on them. Injuries that are ignored can't be documented.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:04 AM
 
9,567 posts, read 5,761,222 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Science not media please, we are back to Jenny McCarthy and using endorsements. The anti-vax blah blah blah without actual sources or science is medically and morally irresponsible. If you don't want to vaccinate, don't. If you are in a state that includes HPV vaccine (which is not the case in California) then that would be included in your decision.

Life is about choices. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine, I don't care. I'm glad public health agencies are protecting others (including your own kid perhaps) from this stupidity.
Just what I thought. You didn't watch it. You dismiss info without even reading it. Very closed minded. It's only 6 minutes long. Not difficult to view. It's real people telling their stories. Real girls who were injured. Some of them died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top