U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 04:41 PM

6,284 posts, read 3,543,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Please don't try legal speak. Please.

I had a job once that required me to be fingerprinted, thus putting me "in the system." To refuse would have meant I lost my job. I had another that conducted random drug tests. To refuse if chosen would gave meant I lost my job. I had another that required I submit to a thorough background check. To refuse would have meant I did not get the job. There are choices we make all the time that have consequences. Tough. That isn't coercion. If...then. Cause & effect. Personal responsibility.

But please don't do legalese.
I worked in both public schools and with MR/DD population and had to have fingerprinting, FBI search, and TB tests. NONE are Medical Treatment. They tried in Florida to require random drug testing of civil servants, but that was declared illegal by courts. TOUGH.

Don't quote law? Well, I have a legal degree and WILL relate this to the law; just as YOU can quote your "medical science".

You cannot mandate medical treatment without legal ramifications. Nuremburg Codes decided that one 60 years ago.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:54 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,890 posts, read 5,194,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
They have. They're those quacks you won't listen to. But, since you have no proof there isn't, I guess it's safe to say you don't know if they're more reports of injuries in those places.
Awesome. So, what patterns or biologically plausible explanations have they uncovered that the medical community is ignoring, and/or vaccine safety surveillance has not picked up on? I am open to all objective evidence, the burden of which is on the one making the claim.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 PM

1,183 posts, read 456,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, I did not work for a Non-Profit. They are now in the top 3 Pharm Groups, and a few years ago bought out smaller coporation.

They still matched any politicial contribution made by an employee.
I didn't say you worked for a non-profit. I said Matching Gifts were for non-profits.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:56 PM

1,183 posts, read 456,190 times
Quote:
I worked in both public schools and with MR/DD population and had to have fingerprinting, FBI search, and TB tests. NONE are Medical Treatment. They tried in Florida to require random drug testing of civil servants, but that was declared illegal by courts. TOUGH.

Don't quote law? Well, I have a legal degree and WILL relate this to the law; just as YOU can quote your "medical science".

You cannot mandate medical treatment without legal ramifications. Nuremburg Codes decided that one 60 years ago.
You need a refund on that legal degree. FWIW, I have a degree in English lit., not in "medical science." I'm just really smart.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 PM

5,348 posts, read 2,720,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
The same as you sending your kid to school while he can still spread the flu, which happens every school year. FYI, more kids die from the flu. Your kids are way more likely to get shot at school than get the Measles, Mumps or Rubela pre mandate. The cry that the small amount of unvaccinated kids will one day kill yours is ludicrous. Why not just ban drivers licenses until kids are 20. That would save a lot more. It's not about saving kids lives, it's about earning money, maxing profit, and keeping the bottom line fed. Read some financials. For profit mandates, harm children too. Propaganda bs. Nuts how many people buy it after all those documentaries on America's for profit healthcare system that is our 3rd largest killer. Reality check plz.
If more kids get shot in school than get measles, mumps, or rubella, it's because many more children today (except for a few beanbrained holdouts) are getting vaccinated. Let everyone stop vaccinating and your gunshot victims will be eclipsed by those catching old diseases. So you saying that more kids get shot then get all the old diseases is just a plus for vaccination.

None of you anti-vaxxers can seem to wrap your brains around the fact that all this lack of disease is solely due to kids having been vaccinated. Look at the number of measles cases PRE-vaccination, and then come back and spout your arguments.

Unless, of course, you want MORE kids shot so you can keep up your fantasy.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I worked in a Florida Public School. Peanut allergies? No, they did not demand that NO CHILD bring peanut butter into school if some other kids were allergic, and there WERE kids with peanut allergy.

They accommodated ALL kids. The cafeteria had a peanut free table just for those kids with an allergy. By your "herd mentality" you would ban peanut butter TOTALLY? How about milk, gluten, chocolate, etc.?
You're comparing apples and oranges. Milk, gluten, or chocolate won't hurt anyone except the kid eating it. Peanuts, on the other hand, can cause a severe allergic reaction to a child when he is just exposed to the smell of them.

If you don't know anything about peanut allergies, don't post about them.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I was very young then, and as I said, that Swine Flu Fiasco woke me up. Do you math and think how long ago that was. Dr. Jenny was in diapers then.
Do me a favor. Go find Laurie Garrett's "The Coming Plague" and actually read the chapter on the 1976 swine flu fiasco. If you'd do that, you'd understand exactly why they went with the vaccines they did. And until you do that, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to that swine flu, especially if all you did was get your info from the news media.

Quote:
Kelvin Herrera, Alex Rios infected as chickenpox hits Royals

Two players with chicken pox. Players calling their mothers to ask if they ever had chicken pox! Why didn't they just roll up their sleeves and just get their vaccinations anyway? Cannot hurt even if you DID have chicken pox as a child, right?

If this was a California team, maybe the state could pass more legislation that without full vaccination records, players could be kicked out of the MLB? Just think of all the children Major League players come into contact with!!! Add another occupation to mandatory vaccinations for employment.

BTW, Puerto Ricans are US Citizens. They would not have to show any vaccination records coming into the US.
Because Cuba doesn't have mandatory vaccines. Not sure about PR. And professional sports teams are now considering making it mandatory for their players to be up to date on all their vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How the heck do you "know" the number of childhood diseases that people DIDN'T get? That's just plain crazy.
How silly can you get? All you have to do is look at the number of cases in the year before vaccines were introduced and then look at them the next year.

It's the same way they predict how many lives were saved using seat belts. DUH!

Quote:

Am I confusing you with someone else? I thought you worked as a nurse. Or, wait! I thought you said you were a biologist. So which is it?

Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I do have a question, as a pro-vaccine person. I've also noticed flu vaccine announcements at the local pharmacies this past month (August). They're out that quickly now? Is it last year's vaccine? Honest question. I'm middle aged and in the past I've been offered the vaccination by my doctor around November or so.
They are. Basically, you want your flu shot before flu season begins, and this is the time of year it starts, especially with the kids going back to school. If you wait till January or later, the flu shot you get is fine if you haven't caught this year's flu, but it may be useless for next year's flu.

Sorry your post got lost in all that.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:06 PM

And of course we have this:

UC Berkeley student diagnosed with measles - San Jose Mercury News

This is older, but I doubt this mother feels any better.

Mom Whose Child Died After Catching Chicken Pox Advocates for Vaccines - ABC News

Along with the story about the players who have chicken pox was some personal testimony about having the chicken pox from some of the commenters. Here's a couple of them:

Scott
On June 12, 1991 I transported a 23 year old woman from White Sands to Las Cruces
in New Mexico, who had contracted chicken pox a week earlier and did nothing about
it. She was dead before they loaded her into the helicopter. This stuff is deadly
to adults.

Paul
Oh man, that's gonna suck for them. I got chicken pox at age 34 about 20 years ago
and I thought I was going to die. I was literally in bed or on the couch for a month
straight. For the first two or three weeks, I had a constant 102-103 fever. And, the
#$%$ing and the burning pain of the pox themselves was unbearable. I was out for 2-3
months and wasn't 100% for almost 6 months. And, for years, I would get these little
lumps of flesh in various places on my body. Not to mention all the scars I have to
this day that make me look I had bad acne as a teen. It was absolutely miserable and
I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

JBoy210
Uggh. I got chikenpox when I turned 50. I was off work for almost 2 weeks. I did not
feel bad, just a little tired. But, I really looked bad. My face and chest were covered
with blisters. Luckily they did not #$%$. It took about 2 months for them to all disappear.

Princess
I had chickenpox as a 4th grader and missed about 2 weeks of school. This was back in 1982.

86 Buick
Me too, in 1956. And it sucked.

OlLady
I had them, as did almost everyone I knew. No big thing. Fast forward two decades, it went
around again, and the adults who missed it the first time wound up in the hospital. It can
really mess up an adult (as does measles in men).

Mark
I never had the pox as a child, I had them at age 20,and it was miserable.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 09-03-2015 at 09:19 PM..

Old 09-03-2015, 09:16 PM

1,170 posts, read 790,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

Am I confusing you with someone else? I thought you worked as a nurse. Or, wait! I thought you said you were a biologist. So which is it?
This made me laugh. I take bragging with a grain of salt when it comes from someone who has already said facts don't matter

I don't know which law school they teach that at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or