Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Please do not attempt to LIE to a person born in 1948 with that picture. I was NEVER put in an Iron Lung for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox, or Scarlet Fever which I all had before the age of 6 years old.

Your SCARE targets will not work for those of us who were alive, and SURVIVED, to beget YOU.

Grandma says "FORCE me to vaccinate MYSELF". Dr. Jenny parents of little children? Oh, you are CLUELESS if you think that.
It was just treated as childhood diseases that you got. Our parents had already had those diseases themselves growing up and had immunity.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You can never know that an individual is not sick. But with vaccine preventable diseases you can know that someone vaccinated against those diseases is highly unlikely to have one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Your whole argument has just completely gone off the rails at this point.

We can't prevent every single disease out there, your kids will be exposed to any number of pathogens but its important to stop the ones that are entirely preventable through proper vaccination.

The possibility of a child being infected with something that there is no vaccine for is absolutely no justification to not protect them against diseases such as measles, whooping cough...etc. I'd rather my kid be at risk for step throat, the common cold and an ear infection instead of strep throat, the common cold, an ear infection, measles, whooping cough and more.
Many diseases could be prevented if we just put all kids on all kinds of medication to prevent as much as possible. That doesn't justify forcing medical procedures or medication on people. If you're worried about your kids then get them vaccinated.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's legal to homeschool in every state. No state says that you have to use their online program.

On topic: What about the kids who cannot have vaccines for whatever reason? Some kids cannot safely have certain vaccines. Are those kids still allowed to go to school? And if so, why is it assumed that they're not walking around carrying diseases?

I don't know what the answer is. I don't have a problem with it at public schools, I guess. It should be up to each private school to decide for themselves, though. What if it were a Christian Scientist or Amish private school? Don't they have a religious objection to vaccines? It seems like those types of school should be able to accept unvaxed children, particularly since it's a tenet of their religions.
State law exempts children who have medical exemptions. They don't exempt religious ones.

A lot of people would not be happy with the time it takes to homeschool. The idea of putting their kids in the online homeschool would make them have to decide how much they wanted to risk, which is fair since their kids in a school situation is a risk for the other kids.

If I was a parent today, with a younger kid, I'd be very concerned that these parents do not understand the 'herd model' which makes vaccinations effective. My son got all his vaccinations and was not the worse for it.

For reasons other than vaccinations, if my son was school age now, I'd most likely opt for the online school.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
I am simply not understanding how unvaccinated children put vaccinated children at risk. I am still not understanding why in 2015 the status quo response to disease management is to treat HEALTHY people for the illness . I get that in 1956 it might have seemed like a breakthrough.... but ... really... still?? Vaccines are just barely useful now after decades of R&D. When and if, there are laws mandating 100% adherence to vaccine schedules put forth by drug makers... watch the numbers of viral definitions in vaccine formulations explode. Watch safety trials disappear. Watch the numbers of HEALTHY children sickened by faulty vaccine products skyrocket. And... watch the prices for vaccines and immunizations peg the insanity meter putting Health Management Systems financial outlooks on life-support. I am an otherwise progressive and science motivated individual but I am suspicious of the Profit Motive. If and when vaccine programs do NOT have profit potential for drug makers I will remain very skeptical that they can offer any benefit to society. Vaccines can and must be made obsolete by the development of CURES for the various and sundry maladies of humankind. Its past time.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:51 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I'm fine with this. It's not forced vaccination. It's just...we're not paying for your education. If you hold firmly to these beliefs you should be willing to homeschool.
Ah, but you see, how do propose to keep unvaccinated children, and adults, totally out of society? Throw them in concentration camps? Schools? They will still be all around everyone.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:52 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Vaccines are just barely useful now after decades of R&D

Wow, just wow.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Totally.

The peak of Polio was in 1952.

In 1952 3000 died from polio, 7000 died from asthma, 200,000 died from cancer and 20,000 died from TB just to name a few causes of death.

And the CDC lists many other forms of death that far surpassed the number of deaths from polio.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsus/VSUS_1952_2.pdf

Old 04-24-2015, 07:10 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Oh, my dear people, you are totally delusional. Are you aware that your child's TEACHER, or LUNCH LADY, is not required to be vaccinated? Maybe instead of being terrified of all those little children, maybe you should be terrified of all the unvaccinated adults in your child's school??????? ROFL Of a course all ADULTS are fully vaccinated!!!!!! Do you believe in the Tooth Fairly too?

Worked in public schools for over 10 years. Nobody ever asked ME for my vaccination record, if I even had them from decades ago for the few that I ever got.

Are you aware that that public school staff can sign an OPT OUT card for the Hep. B Vaccination, which all NEWBORNS are now required to get?

I think you paranoid people are totally clueless about exactly WHO you "need" to be paranoid about. lol Your "Herd Immunity" problem with not be solved with 100% vaccinated children.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Oh, my dear people, you are totally delusional. Are you aware that your child's TEACHER, or LUNCH LADY, is not required to be vaccinated? Maybe instead of being terrified of all those little children, maybe you should be terrified of all the unvaccinated adults in your child's school??????? ROFL Of a course all ADULTS are fully vaccinated!!!!!! Do you believe in the Tooth Fairly too?

Worked in public schools for over 10 years. Nobody ever asked ME for my vaccination record, if I even had them from decades ago for the few that I ever got.

Are you aware that that public school staff can sign an OPT OUT card for the Hep. B Vaccination, which all NEWBORNS are now required to get?

I think you paranoid people are totally clueless about exactly WHO you "need" to be paranoid about. lol Your "Herd Immunity" problem with not be solved with 100% vaccinated children.
LOL. You're right.

I've worked in 4 school districts and in various schools in each of those districts and never once was asked about these diseases.

Now I don't have a vaccination record because I never got the shots. I had all those childhood diseases when I was a child before the shots were invented. I did get polio shot though.

But I have been asked to get a TB skin test for several school districts.
The border states have higher incidences of TB compared to the other states.
51% of the TB cases in Texas (2013) were from "immigrants" (read that illegals).

Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
All those illegal kids crossing the border are carrying all kinds of diseases. Do you want them sitting next to your kid without vaccinations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events