Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 01:46 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Another logical fallacy. Apoeal to authority.

You don't even understand how logical fallacies work.

I'm not telling you that the Declaration of Independence isn't binding because an attorney somewhere said so, I'm telling you that it simply isn't binding in the strictest factual sense, if you don't want to take my word for it, go verify with whatever legal authority you wish.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
You have never explained how me failing to inject my child causes harm to other people. I defy you to do do.

Because there are people who legitimately cannot be vaccinated, legitimately, not because of weird paranoia that anti-vaxxers suffer from, but they have real medical conditions that make it impossible for them to do so. You not vaccinating your kid increases the chance of a disease spreading that ends up infecting someone else, whether an infant, someone with a compromised immune system, someone suffering from cancer or any number of other maladies. In these recent outbreaks of measles and whooping cough, the ultimate victims usually ended up being infants, too young to be immunized, dying for absolutely no reason, from diseases that about 15 years ago had been pretty much eradicated until some geniuses decided that a Playboy Playmate was more credible than the total sum of medical science worldwide.

Its basically a weak minded way to say "**** you" to all those people who don't have that choice because of a medical condition, all because you buy into delusional conspiracy theories coming from celebrities who barely made it through high school and can't differentiate the periodic table of elements from an eyechart.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:56 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
You don't even understand how logical fallacies work.

I'm not telling you that the Declaration of Independence isn't binding because an attorney somewhere said so, I'm telling you that it simply isn't binding in the strictest factual sense, if you don't want to take my word for it, go verify with whatever legal authority you wish.
You know something, The Declaration of Independence isn't even needed to prove what I'm saying.

It should be common sense, and self evident, that a free society does not force or coerce parents to use needles to inject their children with chemicals.

It's pretty scary to me that you and others don't see this.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:59 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Some of them will have decide between putting food on the table or vaccinating. Not everyone can stay home and homeschool. Not everyone can afford to.

Yes, people who question vaccines do tend to be highly educated and intelligent. Income is not always in line with education nor is cost of living. Many have to work no matter what. Not everyone can have a flexible schedule which means that some will be forced against their will to have their children vaccinated due to the elimination of exemptions.

People have the right to have equal access to public education. It's wrong to force them out of the system over something like this.
I highly doubt that anyone will be forced to vaccinate or go without food. Even single parents can home school. The fact is that when faced with the alternative of vaccinating or not being able to send a child to public school, the majority discuss it with the child's doctor and decide to vaccinate.

Your right not to vaccinate does not mean that others have to accept the risk that presents to their children.

Quote:
Not getting vaccinated does not harm other people unless the vaccines themselves are not effective in the first place.
Quote:
You have never explained how me failing to inject my child causes harm to other people. I defy you to do do.
When this has been explained to you several times and you continue to make this statement over and over, you have a comprehension problem.

Quote:
Right. They are making parents an offer they can't refuse.
Sure they can refuse. They just cannot send their unvaccinated children to school.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Because there are people who legitimately cannot be vaccinated, legitimately, not because of weird paranoia that anti-vaxxers suffer from, but they have real medical conditions that make it impossible for them to do so. You not vaccinating your kid increases the chance of a disease spreading that ends up infecting someone else, whether an infant, someone with a compromised immune system, someone suffering from cancer or any number of other maladies. In these recent outbreaks of measles and whooping cough, the ultimate victims usually ended up being infants, too young to be immunized, dying for absolutely no reason, from diseases that about 15 years ago had been pretty much eradicated until some geniuses decided that a Playboy Playmate was more credible than the total sum of medical science worldwide.

Its basically a weak minded way to say "**** you" to all those people who don't have that choice because of a medical condition, all because you buy into delusional conspiracy theories coming from celebrities who barely made it through high school and can't differentiate the periodic table of elements from an eyechart.
Post after post you call people who don't vaccinate for everything on the schedule, "conspiracy theorists" and refer to Jenny McCarthy as their leader. It really shows a lack of understanding as well as a lack of regard for people who do not feel the same way about vaccines or health as you do. The fact is, most people vaccinate willingly. Narrowing in on the tiny subset of the population who does not is misguided and seems almost like a witch hunt. Maybe one day you'll be forced into undergoing a medical intervention or treatment that you disagree with. Maybe then you'll understand. Of course by then it will be too late and you'll only be able to thank yourself for opening the door to this type of government overreach.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:

I do understand your argument, I just don't agree. I don't agree that I have a responsibility toward a (debatable) potential eventuality that may or may not occur. Especially when that responsibility includes the forced injection of a child. And I also believe that vaccines do cause autism- especially MMR.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I highly doubt that anyone will be forced to vaccinate or go without food. Even single parents can home school. The fact is that when faced with the alternative of vaccinating or not being able to send a child to public school, the majority discuss it with the child's doctor and decide to vaccinate.

Your right not to vaccinate does not mean that others have to accept the risk that presents to their children.

When this has been explained to you several times and you continue to make this statement over and over, you have a comprehension problem.

Sure they can refuse. They just cannot send their unvaccinated children to school.
I believe that your version of responsibility is a total perversion on the very concept.
Furthermore, what you describe in the last sentence is coercion.

edit to add: we are supposed to live in a Republic where the rights of the individual trump the rights of the collective.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:05 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People will have to choose between paying their bills or vaccinating. Your doubt will not change that fact. Not everyone can homeschool.
Quote:
Your child's right to education should not trump my child's right to an education. You have no right to be free from disease. None. You should not be able to force people into getting vaccines if they are against them. It's just wrong.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
You know something, The Declaration of Independence isn't even needed to prove what I'm saying.

It should be common sense, and self evident, that a free society does not force or coerce parents to use needles to inject their children with chemicals.

It's pretty scary to me that you and others don't see this.

Well go start your utopian free society somewhere else then, because here in 'Murica, the Supreme Court has already decided on the issue a long time ago, so you and the other conspiracy mongers are basically tilting at windmills at this point.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I believe that your version of responsibility is a total perversion on the very concept.
Furthermore, what you describe in the last sentence is coercion.

edit to add: we are supposed to live in a Republic where the rights of the individual trump the rights of the collective.

Except in any modern society, the rights of the individual can never override the rights of the whole when it comes to public health. Disease doesn't discriminate between those who believe in it and those who believe in hopes and wishes. When it comes to the issue of public health, like it or not, we are all in this together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events