Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 03:13 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,932,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Well go start your utopian free society somewhere else then, because here in 'Murica, the Supreme Court has already decided on the issue a long time ago, so you and the other conspiracy mongers are basically tilting at windmills at this point.
You see, yet another ad hominem attack. This time trying to insinuate that I am a conspiracy monger simply because I don't believe that violence against children should be lawful. But apparently, you do.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:22 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,659,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You see, yet another ad hominem attack. This time trying to insinuate that I am a conspiracy monger simply because I don't believe that violence against children should be lawful. But apparently, you do.

Just simply calling it "violence against children" makes you look a little goofy.

Having had to get an all new series of shots after coming to the U.S., as well as in the military, I've had a lot of "violence" committed against me and yet I'm perfectly healthy somehow despite all the brutal violence I've experienced.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Just simply calling it "violence against children" makes you look a little goofy.

Having had to get an all new series of shots after coming to the U.S., as well as in the military, I've had a lot of "violence" committed against me and yet I'm perfectly healthy somehow despite all the brutal violence I've experienced.
In other words, you are trying to justify violence.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
In other words, you are trying to justify violence.

No, just explaining that using ridiculous hyperbole doesn't give your point of view any more credibility.

If you want to continue being part of the Flat-Earth society, that is your choice, just don't get all wound up because society isn't condoning it anymore.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:28 PM

36,965 posts, read 40,910,095 times
Quote:
I believe that your version of responsibility is a total perversion on the very concept.
Furthermore, what you describe in the last sentence is coercion.

edit to add: we are supposed to live in a Republic where the rights of the individual trump the rights of the collective.
Rights are not absolute. As has been pointed out up thread, courts have repeatedly upheld laws that are designed to protect the health of the general public. Just because you are willing to let your child get vaccine preventable diseases does not mean that you can impose that risk on another person.

It also seems you do not understand what a republic is. Might want to look that one up, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People will have to choose between paying their bills or vaccinating. Your doubt will not change that fact. Not everyone can homeschool.
Your child's right to education should not trump my child's right to an education. You have no right to be free from disease. None. You should not be able to force people into getting vaccines if they are against them. It's just wrong.
The folks who could not afford to home school probably could not afford to miss work with a sick child, either. They are not the ones who are refusing to vaccinate their children. Poor people may have children who are under vaccinated, but it is generally not by choice but due to barriers to access.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/vaccina...hite-privilege

And I do have a right not to be exposed to diseases that can be prevented with safe, effective vaccines.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:33 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,582,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The folks who could not afford to home school probably could not afford to miss work with a sick child, either. They are not the ones who are refusing to vaccinate their children. Poor people may have children who are under vaccinated, but it is generally not by choice but due to barriers to access.
Not sure where you come up with these types of assumptions.

More pro-vaccine propaganda which paints disingenuous portrayals of people that leads to false assumptions. "Free riders"

Quote:
And I do have a right not to be exposed to diseases that can be prevented with safe, effective vaccines.
Wrong.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,125,061 times
Quote:
And if you have your shots then you're safe so why continue worrying ?

Old 04-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
No, just explaining that using ridiculous hyperbole doesn't give your point of view any more credibility.

If you want to continue being part of the Flat-Earth society, that is your choice, just don't get all wound up because society isn't condoning it anymore.
More ad hominem attacks.

You see, this- in a nutshell- is part of the reason that I don't trust vaccines. Those that are pro vaccines that use these sort of arguments.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Rights are not absolute. As has been pointed out up thread, courts have repeatedly upheld laws that are designed to protect the health of the general public. Just because you are willing to let your child get vaccine preventable diseases does not mean that you can impose that risk on another person.

It also seems you do not understand what a republic is. Might want to look that one up, too.

Courts do all kinds of unjust things all of the time. That's a big part of the problem that our society faces in today's world- corruption in the courts and justice system.
To point out that courts have upheld this sort of violence and coercion doesn't prove a thing to me.
(and it shouldn't to anyone else, either)

Old 04-26-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

Wrong.

That's not what the Courts have said. You're entitled to your opinion, but theirs actually matters in the grand scheme of things. Same reasoning why the government can forcibly quarantine you if you are deemed a public health risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events