Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Strep is caused by a bacterium, not a virus......just saying.
If you read the post right before yours this has already been addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Strep is not a virus.
Sorry, my error. Posted before having my coffee. There are also many herbs that are antibacterial, in addition to being anti-viral. Garlic is just one of many. Antibiotic Properties of Garlic

Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
False. You've seen people that have received vaccines, and people thay have autism. Every single reputable study has debunked the fraudulent study that got that myth rolling. Autism can be severe but it is NOT caused by vaccines. Don't try to lead a thread that's already 50 pages down a road that was debunked in hundreds of posts.
Which studies would those be...oh I know...CDC right?..the very same ones who make incredible profits selling their poisons and damaging our infants and children.
There are MANY reputable studies that show the link, and it sure isn't no myth.
You can pretend that vaccines aren't destroying lives, but considering autism has risen in direct correlation with the number of vaccines, I find it hard to turn a blind eye, and a deaf ear to the cries of the wounded.
POSTER: COMPARING 1940, 1980 and 2012 children's vaccine schedule - Vaccine Liberation Army

Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 AM

625 posts, read 623,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Which studies would those be...oh I know...CDC right?..the very same ones who make incredible profits selling their poisons and damaging our infants and children.
You can pretend that vaccines aren't destroying lives, but considering autism has risen in direct correlation with the number of vaccines, I find it hard to turn a blind eye, and a deaf ear to the cries of the wounded.
POSTER: COMPARING 1940, 1980 and 2012 children's vaccine schedule - Vaccine Liberation Army
Could it be POSSIBLE, just possible, that autism has risen in direct correlation to:

1) Increased additives, colorings & hormones in our food & water

2) Increased pollution

3) Increased numbers of diagnoses directly related to massive expansive of the autism diagnostic criteria (broader acceptance of "autism spectrum" disorders increases number of diagnoses to include Asperger's, infantile autism and many others that NEVER would have been included years ago.

Quote:
The vast majority of people diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders today would never have qualified under the 1980 classification, and no formal classification separate from schizophrenia existed before then. So it’s not surprising that numbers have increased in the U.S.
4) Increased numbers of older birth parents (old eggs, old sperm)

5) Maternal obesity (which is rising even faster than autism & ADHD)

6) Air pollution

7) Use of drugs such as Pitocin during labor

8) Effects of C-sections

I know any idea aside from the great vaccine conspiracy theory is beyond contemplation, but it seems MORE likely that there are MANY factors contributing to autism, not just one.

Our human tendency is to blame, scapegoat anything we find too frightening.

AIDS: Plague send by God

9/11: Government conspiracy

Mass school shootings: Government conspiracy; Psychiatric drug failure or Mental Health System failure; deterioration of the American family.

Vaccine "side effects": Government conspiracy to line the pockets of Big Pharma

Consider prostate cancer and the DRAMATIC increase of diagnoses. Related to vaccines? Then what?
Quote:
Prostate cancer is a common example –incidence for prostate cancer jumped over 100 percent from 1986 to 1992 which coincided with an aggressive expansion of the prostate cancer screening program based on the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test which was approved by the FDA in 1986.
If you can't turn your back on the wounded, what about the wounded that will suffer illness, complications & death from the ANTI-VAX movement? Apparently, they don't count. Or is that part of the conspiracy theory too?

What's behind the dramatic rise in autism cases? - CBS News

Autism increase mystery solved: No, it’s not vaccines, GMOs glyphosate–or organic foods | Genetic Literacy Project

Last edited by BamaBlue; 07-08-2015 at 09:35 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Could it be POSSIBLE, just possible, that autism has risen in direct correlation to:

1) Increased additives, colorings & garbage in our food & water

2) Increased pollution

3) Increased ability to diagnose?

Parents having children at older ages than ever before on average...........

Old 07-08-2015, 09:17 AM

It's clear that there is a genetic component to autism but there also seems to be environmental triggers involved. Those could be from many thing including toxins in the environment. The list of potential triggers could include vaccines. Autism is not the only concern that people have with vaccines but I refuse to discount all of the stories from parents who's children who regressed after receiving one vaccine or another.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Because you don't want to be the idiot who didn't vaccinate your kid who then passed a disease on to other people who couldn't get vaccinated for a number of health reasons. Is that good enough?

You are lucky. Had you gotten tetanus, or lockjaw as it is sometimes called, you would be dead. There is no cure for it. Look at it this way: the flesh eating bacterium lives in soil all over and occasionally someone will get it. Same with tetanus. But you can get a shot for tetanus. So why in the name of all that's holy are you playing Russian roulette with a disease that will, not may, will kill you when you could so easily be vaccinated for it?

I don't dig in the dirt with my kitchen knives. Don't garden either.

It's the fault of the parent because IF they had vaccinated their special little snowflake, he might not have been incubating the whooping cough he passed on to the baby.

Yes, you can take the responsibility to protect your kids all you want, But when YOUR child is too young to be vaccinated, there isn't much you can do if someone else doesn't vaccinate THEIR child and that child passes a disease onto your child.
Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Pertussis/main page

When was your last pertussis booster? Oh, right, you probably got it with your Tetanus vax. I suppose the parents who won't vaccinate their "snowflakes" have gotten theirs? If a parent doesn't want "poisons" put into their "little snowflakes, they are fine though with poisons being put into their own bodies?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:26 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Completely and unequivocally FALSE.

There are NO studies that link autism and vaccines - you're either incredibly uninformed or deliberately misleading people. Please link to them. PS, if they're on a blog, more than 1-2 years old or based on someone's opinion that isn't peer reviewed then that's not a "study" that's a conspiracy theory. If in any way it's linked to Wakefield (who lost his license over his fraud for profit) then you're truly out to lunch.

The CDC is a government agency, not a for profit corporation (unlike Mercola's empire ) - of course pharmaceutical companies are paid for the vaccines they produce, nothing nefarious about that. If you think the entire medical establishment is out to "poison and damage our infants and children" I sure hope your tinfoil hat matches your outfit

Yes there are more vaccines now, science is a pretty nifty thing when it comes to saving lives.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:26 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
It's the fault of the parent because IF they had vaccinated their special little snowflake, he might not have been incubating the whooping cough he passed on to the baby.

Yes, you can take the responsibility to protect your kids all you want, But when YOUR child is too young to be vaccinated, there isn't much you can do if someone else doesn't vaccinate THEIR child and that child passes a disease onto your child.
Really? What a cop-out. There's nothing you can do? How about covering your baby when out and about where snotty little children are prevalent (like at say, a doctor's office)?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Pertussis/main page

When was your last pertussis booster? Oh, right, you probably got it with your Tetanus vax. I suppose the parents who won't vaccinate their "snowflakes" have gotten theirs? If a parent doesn't want "poisons" put into their "little snowflakes, they are fine though with poisons being put into their own bodies?
There's also the large group of adults who favor vaccination mandates for kids but who don't get vaccines for themselves. The flu vaccine is a good example of this. I doubt that the majority of adults are up to date on their pertussis vaccination either.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:30 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
There's a reason vaccines came about, and they were good ones. I am in favor of the public health...vaccines have been proven to do much more good for the public at large, and whatever harm they cause is extremely minimal and rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events