Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 07:58 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times

Advertisements

^^I answered the question. You can't say with a straight face the AVs here haven't alleged that doctors and other health care providers don't know anything about vaccines. You've told everyone I'm a nurse, and so has Poppy.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:59 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,582,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I don't know what Robert F. Kennedy accomplished prior to becoming a woo. Nothing particularly notable.
"In July 1983 after his second attempt Kennedy passed the bar examination in the State of New York.[8] Less than a year later he was disbarred and fired[9] from the District Attorney's office for drug abuse before later being readmitted to the bar in 1985.[10][11]

In September 1983 Kennedy was charged with heroin possession in South Dakota when he became ill in the lavatory of an airplane that stopped in Rapid City, South Dakota.[12] In February 1984 Kennedy pleaded guilty to a felony charge of possessing heroin.[8] Kennedy was sentenced to community service after rehab.[13][14]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.

He's an environmental lawyer. He has no science background.
To be honest. I don't take Robert Kennedy all that seriously either. I do take many others seriously though.

Quote:
I most certainly am serious! I don't know of any pro-vaxer cabal that plots against the anti-vaxers. I'm fairly certain there's one that goes the other way, though.
That's a little bit of an over reaction to what was said but any-who.......

Quote:
If education worked we wouldn't be having this conversation. You'd vaccinate your kids and quit using woo. People wouldn't believe the ridiculous things they do about autism, toxins, and everything else. They wouldn't think smallpox is just a minor rash disease, or that measles doesn't cause complications in well nourished people. They wouldn't make fun of people who get such severe itching from shingles they contemplate suicide.
If education didn't work your vaccination rate would be so much lower then it currently is. What's "woo"?

Last edited by MissTerri; 07-14-2015 at 08:09 PM..

Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
^^I answered the question. You can't say with a straight face the AVs here haven't alleged that doctors and other health care providers don't know anything about vaccines. You've told everyone I'm a nurse, and so has Poppy.
After getting incredibly insulted you answered it. I don't think she was insulting you though so I found your response a little strange and was hoping that you might re-read what she wrote and realize that she was just asking a question. You have told everyone here that you are a nurse, many times. If you don't want people to know that then don't tell people that. I don't understand why us mentioning something that you have repeatedly told us to be offensive but if it is then I'll never say anything about it again.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,013,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She was asking you a question. Not insulting you. It's wrong to continually call poppy an AV aka antivaxxer. She vaccinated her kid(s). She's stated that repeatedly.
Pro-choice, anti-vax, anti-science. The links that cited are self described anti-vaccination sites. Strange that someone who posts false data to create fear in others claims to have vaccinated. Sure. It seems people think it strengthens their anti-vax "voice" to say that.

If people really aren't anti-vax why the false data, questionable links etc.?

Why create unfounded fear if all you are is pro-choice? Shouldn't true "choice" be informed, based on data and science?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,545,482 times
Quote:
You linked a bunch of videos from anti-vaxers. Robert F. Kennedy is a fraud of the highest order. He's still beating the thimerosal horse. He's also on some b**** about the new meningitis vaccine, which is not on the CA list. It's not on any state's list yet. This "Nursing Ethics" group sounds like a fringe organization. They are not part of the American Nurses Association, which is a respectable group. I'm hardly about to waste many minutes of my life watching woo.

No one is "ganging up on you". The pro-vaxers don't do this.

I'm not terribly surprised you couldn't find a doctor who would give your kid(s) a medical exemption after a febrile seizure. It's not considered a contraindication to further vaccines. In some cases, it may be a precaution. However, if you found one, no one at a school would question it. They'd do as I said, put your child in the exemption column and move on. They would not threaten your doctor with loss of license. They have too much to do to track down each and every doctor who writes an exemption and check it against some "list".

I posted some links that show that education doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, some people do need the stick as well as the carrot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
The febrile seizures were just part of his reaction. Honestly, they were not a big deal, as he had them prior as well. No big deal. But whatever was going on was in line with symptoms to watch for. His doc was concerned enough that HE put on the brakes. This was not something I wanted, but the doctor said it was a good idea. And this wasn't a fictional what if. It was an actual child with what could have been a reaction to a vaccine. Don't compare apples to theoretical apples that could grow on a tree that might be planted. Someday.
I link those from the California hearing on vaccine mandates. Feel as you may about it.

I think you are answering the other persons febrile seizures, my son had reoccurring seizures they were different. They weren't from a vaccine, just a reason to not give it at the time. Later he was diagnosed with Tourettes. I stated the same as you that a doc would not issue an exemption for it. You should read what you reply to, how many time should I say it. No need for me to keep replying to things you say in reply to what you don't read. It's annoying me.

Education has worked very well, for you to state that just tells me you only think we do what we are made to do. I don't agree.

Well, tattle tails are everywhere stating others act like victims. Can't really risk posting to them anymore, they might get hasty with the call the mod button . So, nothing I can do about it. Can't afford another complaint. Don't' really want to risk getting kicked off for this mess.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Pro-choice, anti-vax, anti-science. The links that cited are self described anti-vaccination sites. Strange that someone who posts false data to create fear in others claims to have vaccinated. Sure. It seems people think it strengthens their anti-vax "voice" to say that.

If people really aren't anti-vax why the false data, questionable links etc.?

Why create unfounded fear if all you are is pro-choice? Shouldn't true "choice" be informed, based on data and science?
You are trying so hard to put people into tiny boxes. Poppy vaccinated her kid(s). She is not an "antivaxxer". She is pro-choice and a deep and critical thinker. I respect that about her. I can't even respond to your ridiculous accusations. It seems that we are so far apart that we are not even speaking the same language.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
You are trying so hard to put people into tiny boxes. Poppy vaccinated her kid(s). She is not an "antivaxxer". She is pro-choice and a deep and critical thinker. I respect that about her. I can't even respond to your ridiculous accusations. It seems that we are so far apart that we are not even speaking the same language.
No "deep critical thinker" would use Robert Kennedy's woo (see definition #2).
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woo

Old 07-14-2015, 08:14 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,013,605 times
Quote:
We know you really really like your fellow posters ("anti-public health?") but with respect she may be critical but there is nothing deep about a medical view based entirely on non-medical feelings. How much you respect her is (as you state) very far from the point.

If you only believe in choice, why are you so determined to attempt to sway people away from thousands of studies proving vaccine safety and efficacy in favour of granola theories and celebrity endorsements that have no basis in science (I'm not sure but I think that might be what "woo" means.)

Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
No "deep critical thinker" would use Robert Kennedy's woo (see definition #2).
Urban Dictionary: woo
Well. We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
We know you really really like your fellow posters ("anti-public health?") but with respect she may be critical but there is nothing deep about a medical view based entirely on non-medical feelings. How much you respect her is (as you state) very far from the point.

If you only believe in choice, why are you so determined to attempt to sway people away from thousands of studies proving vaccine safety and efficacy in favour of granola theories and celebrity endorsements that have no basis in science (I'm not sure but I think that might be what "woo" means.)
Tiny boxes. Tiny minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events