Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"Get a religious exemption when they do not really have a religious objection? That is one of the reasons for mandates. People lie about "religion"."

Go look at all the current Planned Parenthood threads about selling fetal tissues. Using aborted fetal tissues in vaccines is not a religious issue?

If you tell me no they aren't, I will again post the CDC link which says they are used. Very much a RELIGIOUS issue.
There is no aborted fetal tissue in vaccines. Some, not all, vaccines are produced using cells descended from tissue obtained from two abortions done in the 1960s, but those cells are not in the vaccine itself. No new aborted material is being used in vaccine production. Planned Parenthood is not obtaining fetal tissue to be used to make vaccines.

The problem is that people who really do not have a religious objection to vaccines are claiming a religious exemption. They do indeed lie.

There are no mainstream religions in the US that object to vaccines. Even the Catholic Church, with its strong stance against abortion, has no religious dogma that proscribes using the vaccines produced with with cell lines derived from abortions done several decades ago.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Let me increase my stake in the aluminum companies. Cyborg needs a bigger tin foil hat.
Interesting that you already have a stake in aluminum companies since aluminum is an ingredient in vaccinations.

Quote:
What you are saying is the equivalent of declaring that we should not use seat belts because people drown, too. The existence of other public health issues is no reason to stop vaccinating children.
Nope, just pointing out the obvious. Health intervention mandates that can make money for corporations who have the means to aggressively lobby, such as Merck (just one example) get priority while things like breastfeeding (which could also save billions of dollars each year and save hundreds of lives) is barely even supported in our culture.

Quote:
Danger to other students is not the rationale being used by Rhode Island. Their health officials are including it because it is in the best interest of the individual student, choosing to include all the vaccines in the recommended schedule on the list needed to attend school.
There is absolutely no reason for the mandate then if students are not in danger. There's no way for you or anyone else to fairly justify the mandate.

Quote:
Perhaps rodentraiser will drop by and clarify what she meant if you do not understand it. It was clear to me that her point was that areas of the US with vaccination rates for measles lower than those found in Sudan are potential locations for large measles outbreaks, like those in Sudan.

The article about Sudan shows that an 85% vaccination rate is not high enough to prevent measles outbreaks. You implied that the increased number of measles cases in Sudan is due to the increasing vaccination rate. It's not. Sudan will need a 95% vaccination coverage to get measles under control.
Wow, you really inferred a whole lot from rodent's single sentence about an article that shows measles on the rise in a country where measles vaccination is also rising. I'm not saying that the reason for the rise in cases is due to the rise in vaccination rates. Just noting that it's happening in spite of them.

Quote:
There is no single "flu vaccine". The vaccine for each season has to be formulated specifically for that season, and the strains used in it chosen specifically for that season. If the viruses that circulate are predominantly the strains in the vaccine, the vaccine will be very effective. If, like during the past year, the vaccine does not match the predominant strain, it will be less effective. The vaccine can only prevent strains included in the vaccine. The (H1N1) 2009 vaccine was highly effective.
Flue vaccine is not very effective. It's a gamble.

Quote:
The vast majority of flu cases are not dangerous, but there is no way to predict before vaccinating who will get very sick and die or who will just need chicken soup for a few days. By the way, if oregano and garlic and onions can treat flu, I guess no one in Italy ever dies from influenza.
Agreed that the vast majority of flu cases are not dangerous. Stereotyping all Italians are you? There is a lot that people can do with herbs to lessen their risk of complications. Garlic, onions and oregano are just a few.

Quote:
Scientifically, your understanding of flu vaccine is sadly deficient.
I don't find your understanding to be all that honest.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:02 PM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
The same fetal cell lines from the 60's are still being used today. Human Albumin? You don't think a JW, if they knew about it, would object to being injected with human blood? Religious objection. Problem is that the general public does not know what the ingredients actually are in these vaccines, even putting aside the chemical ingredients.

All these animal cultures? While all that bovine and calf stuff is bad enough, that Canine Kidney Culture would be enough to freak me out. I find that DISGUSTING as an animal lover. Do you want Fido's kidney being injected into you or your children?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf

The public really needs to know what are in these vaccines, straight from the CDC's own mouth. Unfortunately, Suzy, et al, you do not WANT the public to know the horrific stuff in these vaccinations. I am sure you would have a lot more refusals if people really knew.

This CDC list of ingredients really needs to be published all over the Net so people know exactly what they are being injected with. You still want it? By all means, inject yourself until the cows (sic) come home. You choose not to? That should be your choice also.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:18 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
The same fetal cell lines from the 60's are still being used today. Human Albumin? You don't think a JW, if they knew about it, would object to being injected with human blood? Religious objection. Problem is that the general public does not know what the ingredients actually are in these vaccines, even putting aside the chemical ingredients.

All these animal cultures? While all that bovine and calf stuff is bad enough, that Canine Kidney Culture would be enough to freak me out. I find that DISGUSTING as an animal lover. Do you want Fido's kidney being injected into you or your children?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf

The public really needs to know what are in these vaccines, straight from the CDC's own mouth. Unfortunately, Suzy, et al, you do not WANT the public to know the horrific stuff in these vaccinations. I am sure you would have a lot more refusals if people really knew.

This CDC list of ingredients really needs to be published all over the Net so people know exactly what they are being injected with. You still want it? By all means, inject yourself until the cows (sic) come home. You choose not to? That should be your choice also.
Also they state that there are no poisons in vaccines yet aluminum is a known neurotoxin. Many studies have confirmed that it can and does travel to the brain and produce autoimmune diseases.

Predicting post-vaccination autoimmunity: who might be at risk? - PubMed - NCBI
Aluminum in the central nervous system (CNS): toxicity in humans and animals, vaccine adjuvants, and autoimmunity. - PubMed - NCBI
Aluminum adjuvant linked to Gulf War illness induces motor neuron death in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Biopersistence and Brain Translocation of Aluminum Adjuvants of Vaccines

So not only is the animal and human dna/tissue/blood cause for concern but they pro-vaccine crowd denies the toxicity of the adjuvants. But then anti-vaxxers are the ones that are "anti-science" and misinformed.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,083,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no aborted fetal tissue in vaccines. Some, not all, vaccines are produced using cells descended from tissue obtained from two abortions done in the 1960s, but those cells are not in the vaccine itself. No new aborted material is being used in vaccine production. Planned Parenthood is not obtaining fetal tissue to be used to make vaccines.

The problem is that people who really do not have a religious objection to vaccines are claiming a religious exemption. They do indeed lie.

There are no mainstream religions in the US that object to vaccines. Even the Catholic Church, with its strong stance against abortion, has no religious dogma that proscribes using the vaccines produced with with cell lines derived from abortions done several decades ago.
Yes, but they were derived using fetal cells. To many of us it very much is a religious issue.

Note that I'm not anti-vaccine but am anti-these ridiculous mandates. I'm considering actually going to other countries in order to get ethical vaccines that are not available here when the U.S. doesn't have an alternative.

The Catholic Church has stated that it's up to parents to decide if they want to use them or not.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
When all you have comes from conspiracy web sites it is safe to conclude that you are a conspiracy theorist. The thread is about vaccines. There is no giant international conspiracy to experiment on people with vaccines. Vaccines do not contain poisons.
Suzy VACCINES CAN COMPROMISE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM which leaves you vulnerable to OTHER THINGS later in life you might not get otherwise! (Auto immune diseases for example) I have one and let me tell you,it isnt fun!!!!! (I feel horrible my immune system was compromised by this garbage I used to let them inject me with)

You cannot deny anything that isnt pro big pharma!!!!!!! -- YOU HAVE TO L00K AT BOTH SIDES AND NOT BE BIASED!! (I dont wanna make you mad,I am trying to help you)

Old 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Suzy VACCINES CAN COMPROMISE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM which leaves you vulnerable to OTHER THINGS later in life you might not get otherwise! (Auto immune diseases for example) I have one and let me tell you,it isnt fun!!!!! (I feel horrible my immune system was compromised by this garbage I used to let them inject me with)

You cannot deny anything that isnt pro big pharma!!!!!!! -- YOU HAVE TO L00K AT BOTH SIDES AND NOT BE BIASED!! (I dont wanna make you mad,I am trying to help you)
Fist, stop yelling.

Secondly you're wrong. "Feeling" something happened doesn't make it true. You could feel unicorns caused your illness and it doesn't make it true, in fact it is more likely to be caused by unicorns than vaccines since vaccines are amongst the most researched (and effective) medical interventions known to man.

Like most on this site I take medical advice from doctors (not podiatrists and "naturopaths") and immunology researchers - not posters on forums, vitamin salespeople and playboy models. Ask your family doctor whether their kids are vaccinated. The answer will be yes.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:48 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,500 times
^^^ Yes, ask the people whom kill more people in this country each year through malpractice than anything else that kills. Yup! Those are the people to believe about something being safe for injection.

I can't tell you how many times doctors say one thing and I initially listened and got worse. Then I take the advice of a chiropractor or naturopath and the problem lessens or goes away...leaving the doctor to shake their head and say that shouldn't be! Yeah, because it's not profitable to big pharma so doctors don't endorse it!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nope, just pointing out the obvious. Health intervention mandates that can make money for corporations who have the means to aggressively lobby, such as Merck (just one example) get priority while things like breastfeeding (which could also save billions of dollars each year and save hundreds of lives) is barely even supported in our culture.
Vaccine mandates will add pennies to Merck's bottom line while saving billions in direct and indirect health care costs. You can pay Merck or you can pay doctors, hospitals, and all the drug companies that make medications to treat vaccine preventable diseases.

Your assertion that the US medical community does not support breast feeding is false.

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason for the mandate then if students are not in danger. There's no way for you or anyone else to fairly justify the mandate.
Danger to other students is not behind the Rhode Island mandate. How many times to I have to say that? Danger to the individual from HPV associated diseases and cancers is.

Quote:
Wow, you really inferred a whole lot from rodent's single sentence about an article that shows measles on the rise in a country where measles vaccination is also rising. I'm not saying that the reason for the rise in cases is due to the rise in vaccination rates. Just noting that it's happening in spite of them.
It's not happening "in spite" of the vaccine. It's happening because 85% vaccine coverage is not enough to achieve herd immunity for measles. Because measles is so infectious, it will take vaccine coverage of 95% or better to keep the virus from circulating and causing outbreaks.

Quote:
Flue vaccine is not very effective. It's a gamble.
Producing flu vaccine is difficult. It is not like any other vaccine, and effectiveness will vary from year to year depending on what strains are in the vaccine, what strains are circulating, and how the vaccine and the circulating strains match. Since we do not know how good the match will be until flu season is well underway, a gambler might want to hedge his bet by getting the vaccine.

Quote:
Agreed that the vast majority of flu cases are not dangerous. Stereotyping all Italians are you? There is a lot that people can do with herbs to lessen their risk of complications. Garlic, onions and oregano are just a few.
A good chicken soup might make you feel better and break up lung congestion but there is so far no evidence that it will kill flu virus.

Quote:
Jehovah's Witnesses The Surgical/Ethical Challenge - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

"However, Witnesses' religious understanding does not absolutely prohibit the use of components such as albumin, immune globulins, and hemophiliac preparations; each Witness must decide individually if he can accept these."

They may also take vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Also they state that there are no poisons in vaccines yet aluminum is a known neurotoxin. Many studies have confirmed that it can and does travel to the brain and produce autoimmune diseases.
The tiny amount of aluminum in vaccines is dwarfed by the amount from environmental exposure. It is not toxic. You have been shown the evidence earlier in the thread. Repeating a falsehood does not magically make it true, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Yes, but they were derived using fetal cells. To many of us it very much is a religious issue.

Note that I'm not anti-vaccine but am anti-these ridiculous mandates. I'm considering actually going to other countries in order to get ethical vaccines that are not available here when the U.S. doesn't have an alternative.

The Catholic Church has stated that it's up to parents to decide if they want to use them or not.
My point was that many people who claim a religious exemption really have no religious beliefs that would prohibit them from vaccinating. They just do not want to vaccinate.

If you are Catholic, using vaccines produced with cells distantly derived from abortions is not "against your religion." Your religious leaders say you may take those vaccines while encouraging manufacturers to find different alternatives.

You may have a philosophical objection to using those vaccines, but it would be a lie to say it is against your religion if your religion does not prohibit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Vaccines do not compromise the immune system. A healthy immune system processes the material in vaccines quite nicely, in the same way it would react to an infection with the organism against which the vaccine is directed. There is no evidence that vaccines cause type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus, or other autoimmune diseases.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ Yes, ask the people whom kill more people in this country each year through malpractice than anything else that kills. Yup! Those are the people to believe about something being safe for injection.

I can't tell you how many times doctors say one thing and I initially listened and got worse. Then I take the advice of a chiropractor or naturopath and the problem lessens or goes away...leaving the doctor to shake their head and say that shouldn't be! Yeah, because it's not profitable to big pharma so doctors don't endorse it!
"You know what they call alternative medicine that actually works? ... medicine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events