U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:38 AM

12,305 posts, read 10,071,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Well, Tallywackers has gone out of business:

Tallywackers, the male Hooters, abruptly shutters in Dallas | Fox News

But Hooters has announced they'll soon be hiring male servers:

Hooters now hiring male servers | Appnews | waaytv.com
Shocking......I mean who wouldn't want to eat a meal at a place called Tallywackers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 11:23 PM

3,583 posts, read 2,010,109 times
Socks and rolls of quarters will be standard wardrobe issuance there.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:35 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,774,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Walking around in a thong is cold, cold causes "shrinkage" , Shrinkage eliminates the reason women would come to check it out.
There are more and more openly gay restaurants/bars in our beach area. It might not be the women they are after.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:48 AM

13,701 posts, read 8,694,315 times
It's been tried before. Where's Playgirl?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 AM

735 posts, read 466,292 times
Women find this as a novelty more than anything, and There aren't enough gay guys around to support something like that. I know there was a time where some people on the internet were telling everyone that 20% of guys are actually gay but that is BS.

I thought this had already been done (and failed) many years ago as "Peckers" where the restaurant logo was a toucan with an oversized beak.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 AM

332 posts, read 169,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Well, Tallywackers has gone out of business:

Tallywackers, the male Hooters, abruptly shutters in Dallas | Fox News

But Hooters has announced they'll soon be hiring male servers:

Hooters now hiring male servers | Appnews | waaytv.com

d̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶b̶b̶l̶e̶....er, um, i mean Rusty Shackleford would be happy to hear this.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,774,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Women find this as a novelty more than anything, and There aren't enough gay guys around to support something like that. I know there was a time where some people on the internet were telling everyone that 20% of guys are actually gay but that is BS.
Maybe not where you are. But here in Rehoboth Beach ,DE we have several well frequented gay bars.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 25,829,769 times
I'm a little surprised that they failed. Unless prices were too high, I would have expected the gay community to support them.

As for the female customers, you can't equate a restaurant to the Magic Mike movie. When you go to a male strip club, the strippers put on a real show. They aren't just taking their clothes off while hanging on a stripper's pole so the women can see their skin. Those guys are real performers with real dance routines.

So, you go to a male strip club to watch a show. You don't go to a restaurant to watch the waiter. You go to eat, visit with your friends, and a good waiter is unobtrusive, not wagging his wienie in your face.

Personally, I am put off by the thought of anyone naked cooking and serving my food. It just seems unsanitary.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM

7,791 posts, read 5,356,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Personally, I am put off by the thought of anyone naked cooking and serving my food. It just seems unsanitary.
On a solo drive back from Virginia on I95 some years ago, I stopped at Cafe Risque for breakfast. (I think that particular location has since closed. It was in the Carolinas in the middle of nowhere.) Driving up, they had signs advertising it for what must have been hundreds of miles away. Same on the way back down. I was starving, a bit hungover, so I decided to check it out. Just for fun.
You are correct. It was VERY awkward to be served eggs and grits while surrounded by nude and semi-nude women, regardless of how attractive they were. It was a one time only experience.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:14 AM

8,865 posts, read 10,330,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm a little surprised that they failed. Unless prices were too high, I would have expected the gay community to support them.

As for the female customers, you can't equate a restaurant to the Magic Mike movie. When you go to a male strip club, the strippers put on a real show. They aren't just taking their clothes off while hanging on a stripper's pole so the women can see their skin. Those guys are real performers with real dance routines.

So, you go to a male strip club to watch a show. You don't go to a restaurant to watch the waiter. You go to eat, visit with your friends, and a good waiter is unobtrusive, not wagging his wienie in your face.

There weren't nekkid people cooking and serving food. I feel bad for him, I know the owner. It was supposed to be a fun place, open to gay and straight folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or