U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:27 PM

3,847 posts, read 2,903,940 times

Advertisements

Local and national media love stories like this. It's purely tabloid journalism and draws a huge audience which in turn revs up advertising income. Just ignore it if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 01:30 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,538,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
I don't really understand the whole sex change thing anyways. He will never be considered a woman by anybody. Just a transsexual. I doubt there are too many guys on this forum who will want to kiss him just cuz he cuts off his stuff and gets boob and butt implants.
That's irrelevant, since he's not interested in men. You're confusing gender identity and sexual orientation. Very separate, different issues.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:34 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,533,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
That's irrelevant, since he's not interested in men. You're confusing gender identity and sexual orientation. Very separate, different issues.
Then let me add I doubt there will be too many women who will want to kiss him. He will never be seen as a woman. Only a frankensteined tranny.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:38 PM

38,141 posts, read 15,318,674 times
I'm tired of hearing about him. This simply isn't real news, it's tabloidism. The news media in the USA is nothing but a joke these days.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 04-26-2015 at 02:33 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 01:42 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,538,605 times
Quote:
Then let me add I doubt there will be too many women who will want to kiss him. He will never be seen as a woman. Only a frankensteined tranny.
And yet others who have been through reassignment surgery have managed to find mates. Not everyone is as closed off as you seem to be.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:00 PM

4,245 posts, read 3,315,518 times
Quote:
The whole sexchange thing to me is bizarre. It's Frankenstein stuff. And I agree with the OP - It just goes to show how sick the media is. Not that that is news. There is a lot of gay control of television, so that is why they a are using Jenner to "normalize" sex changing. I disagree with PP who says "it takes a lot of courage ... to go public." Jenner has no choice - he's already public. Second he becomes the idol posterboy once again - this time from the gay community rather than the sports world. Just like the whole Kardashian clan, he is a publicity sl*t.

I don't really understand the whole sex change thing anyways. He will never be considered a woman by anybody. Just a transsexual. I doubt there are too many guys on this forum who will want to kiss him just cuz he cuts off his stuff and gets boob and butt implants.

My advice - perhaps he ought to just get his head straightened out instead of cutting of his body parts.
First, nobody is asking your opinion about the process, just a little compassion for someone who is going through it. Second, how you equate sex change with homosexuality is beyond me. They are two separate things and issues....

Old 04-26-2015, 02:47 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,633,161 times
Apotemnophilia is a condition that compels people to cut off their own arms, legs and other body parts in order to feel better about themselves. We all know that that's crazy thinking. We don't accept it. We don't encourage those who seek this "cure" for themselves.

Why is the mutilation of a penis or vagina something to brag about? Why does the gay community get behind this mutilation, supporting it, cheering it on, while condemning and ridiculing those who know that it is beyond sick?
What better way to make others accept your own sickness than to make that sickness normal and acceptable.

Last edited by Javacoffee; 04-26-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 04:32 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,726,826 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself. Sheesh.

I hope he's all over the media 24/7, just to annoy you.

My husband's niece is transitioning. I hope Bruce sheds some light and compassion around this subject, and that people like you will one day understand that others don't deserve this kind of nasty judgment purely because they have a life that you don't get. It must be a freakin nightmare to live a closeted life, and I applaud the bravery it takes for them to be free.

My niece in law is a woman to me. I can't say on this forum what I think of you, though. It wouldn't be polite.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:41 PM

1,345 posts, read 1,397,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Speak for yourself. Sheesh.

I hope he's all over the media 24/7, just to annoy you.

My husband's niece is transitioning. I hope Bruce sheds some light and compassion around this subject, and that people like you will one day understand that others don't deserve this kind of nasty judgment purely because they have a life that you don't get. It must be a freakin nightmare to live a closeted life, and I applaud the bravery it takes for them to be free.

My niece in law is a woman to me. I can't say on this forum what I think of you, though. It wouldn't be polite.
I wholeheartedly agree. While I agree the whole media circus surrounding this family including the TV show and everything is sensationalism, what Bruce is doing is a manifestation of human sexuality that few understand except within the psychiatric community and those who study human sexuality and it's diversity. Transgender, homosexual and bisexual people and those with gender identity issues have enough to deal with without all the fear mongering, hate and prejudice. Sexuality is largely a function of our brains and hormones. Things largely already programmed into individuals in a unique way for everybody. Those uninformed about such issues need to read up on things before casting judgment fueled by idiotic nonsense.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:43 PM

1,372 posts, read 761,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
  1. He's not a sick pervert
  2. Diane Sawyer is not on Channel 7 in Los Angeles. She is a long time well respected NATIONAL news anchor. She works for the network, not your local affiliate.
  3. It's not just a story on Channel 7 in Los Angeles. It's a national story. It's being followed not just by Democrats (though I'm not sure why you feel you have to make this a partisan issue). For the record, Bruce Jenner is a Republican.
lol..... i think the op might be trolling, but it's hard to tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or