Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:11 AM

706 posts, read 1,039,461 times

Advertisements

His new name is Brenda Jenner Kardashian.. You know he wants to be a Kardashian...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 11:12 AM

13,240 posts, read 9,866,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
Well, Kris Jenner is mad of course. She lost a wimpy husband that she could run over left and right, on show and off. Let's face it, he did act like a woman in that respect.
Acted like a woman in what respect, exactly?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:17 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,268,097 times
Why is it news? I was wondering about that at Walmart today, where it was plastered all over the tabloids at the checkouts. Pah! Like I give a flat flip what he does with his body and his life! I found myself wondering if the media didn't talk him into that crap just so they could have a bunch of dirty laundry to air to the country and make money on. "Here Bruce, just wear this wig and a little makeup and we'll pay you all this money."

It could all very well be totally made up and a crock of equine effluent for all we know. They probably even staged the car accident, I would not put it past them.

What a lot of BS, and I have no time for it.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:21 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,595,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Why is it news? I was wondering about that at Walmart today, where it was plastered all over the tabloids at the checkouts. Pah! Like I give a flat flip what he does with his body and his life! I found myself wondering if the media didn't talk him into that crap just so they could have a bunch of dirty laundry to air to the country and make money on. "Here Bruce, just wear this wig and a little makeup and we'll pay you all this money."

It could all very well be totally made up and a crock of equine effluent for all we know. They probably even staged the car accident, I would not put it past them.

Kim Howe who died in pileup involving Bruce Jenner pictured | Daily Mail Online

Atleast the UK news have uncovered some backroom set stories about Bruce Jenner going incognito prior to his announcement.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM

13,240 posts, read 9,866,326 times
Quote:

Wow you have no idea, do you?

This is why people go public, to try and dispel some of the misunderstandings and flat out hostility transgender people incur. It's downright life threatening, to be hated that much.

I'm pretty sure no one, anywhere, would put themselves the crosshairs like this for the fun of it.

People are so damn ugly. Why don't we just build the fellow a cross so you can get on with it already.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow you have no idea, do you?

This is why people go public, to try and dispel some of the misunderstandings and flat out hostility transgender people incur. It's downright life threatening, to be hated that much.

I'm pretty sure no one, anywhere, would put themselves the crosshairs like this for the fun of it.

People are so damn ugly. Why don't we just build the fellow a cross so you can get on with it already.
You don't get it. I have no problem with people wanting to change their sex, it's their body and their life, and what they do with either has no impact on my life at all. What I don't care for is the media making such a freak show of it all over the place. Why can't they just shut up and leave those people alone? No, they can't do that, they want to make money on it!

Do you really think the freak-show they are making of Bruce Jenner is helping transgendered people at all? Get real!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:31 AM

11,143 posts, read 7,902,924 times
Because people like you keep it in the lime light?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:32 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,249,535 times
Quote:
I found myself wondering if the media didn't talk him into that crap just so they could have a bunch of dirty laundry to air to the country and make money on. "Here Bruce, just wear this wig and a little makeup and we'll pay you all this money."

Except his first wife (who has nothing to gain from all this) has gone on record as saying that they first discussed his gender questioning back in the 70's.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:33 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,688,642 times
Quote:
You don't get it. I have no problem with people wanting to change their sex, it's their body and their life, and what they do with either has no impact on my life at all. What I don't care for is the media making such a freak show of it all over the place. Why can't they just shut up and leave those people alone? No, they can't do that, they want to make money on it!

Do you really think the freak-show they are making of Bruce Jenner is helping transgendered people at all? Get real!
It isn't a freak show, that is insulting. And yes, it is helping transgender people. When the public hears about one of the greatest athletes in the world has always felt like a woman, it can change perspectives.

For me, I consider myself extremely open minded. I have never understood the transgender community. Bruce Jenner talking about it so openly helped me understand better. More importantly he helped people in his situation that aren't comfortable talking about it.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It isn't a freak show, that is insulting. And yes, it is helping transgender people. When the public hears about one of the greatest athletes in the world has always felt like a woman, it can change perspectives.

For me, I consider myself extremely open minded. I have never understood the transgender community. Bruce Jenner talking about it so openly helped me understand better. More importantly he helped people in his situation that aren't comfortable talking about it.
Well I'm just so sorry that I've failed to march in lockstep with your politics, and I'm sorry if the world is not treating you well, and I *hope* you have a better day tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events